It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 am

Forum rules

It's not called THE BIG THREAD THAT ANSWERS ALL YOUR QUESTIONS for nothing. Use it!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 An open letter to the Webmaster.. 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hello,

Due to the webmaster's e-mail address giving me a mailer daemon error, I am compelled to repost my letter to him/her here. I sent a letter and got an error back. Here is what I said.

Quote:
To whom it may concern,

Hello,

You are using the icons at my site found here:
http://cferra_lx.tripod.com without expressed
permission from myself and the other creators of these
icons. You can see the icons in your pokedex here:
http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~psypoke/de ... view=stats

Please remove the icons at once as you did not ask
permission to use them on your web page. The icons in
question are:

Jirachi
Deoxys
Rayquaza
Registeel
Regiice
Regirock
Metagross
Metang
Beldum
Bagon
Luvdisc
Huntail
Clamperl
Snorunt
Chimecho
Tropius
Banette
Shuppet
Castform
Feebas
Armaldo
Anorith
Cradily
Lileep
Claydol
Baltoy
Whishcash
Barboach
Solrock
Zangoose
Grumpig
Spoink
Torkoal
Camrupt
Numel
Electrike
Meditite
Lairon
Mawile
Hariyama
Shedninja
Ninjask
Nincada
Slaking
Masqurain
Surskit
Shiftry
Swampert
Scizor
Crobat
Pikachu
Squirtle
Venusaur

As you can see, there are a lot of icons. Please
remove them from your site or give my site credit.
Thanks for your time.

Ledian_X
cferra2001@yahoo.com

Please remove the icons or give me, Damian Silverblade and others credit. Thank you.

L_X

Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:23 pm
Report this post
Psypoke Legend
Psypoke Legend

darkmind and Amphy have created our icons from scratch and have not touched yours. Obviously they come from the same Ruby and Sapphire sprites, and in case you have forgotten, Nintendo owns those. We made our icons by taking those sprites and shrinking them. If anything, it is you who have copied us, and I'm not completely surprised, because someone on your credits list is already being accused from stealing for Pokefor.

Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:00 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Psypoke Legend
Psypoke Legend

Look, I don't have time for these games. This appears to be some sort of bad publicity stunt which I just don't really care about. We get several emails daily and nobody has any problems. We also log all uses of the contact form, and no errors have been registered so far. You could also have private messaged the Admins. So I see no reason why you would have to post it in here. Anyway, I would seriously advise you to take a closer look, and for those of you who think we have copied all of these take a look also. All our icons are from the LGFR sprite set, shrunk down to 32x32 and touched up.

Our Icon: {jirachi}
Your Icon: Image

Our Icon: {rayquaza}

Our Icon: {manectric}

Our Icon: {pikachu}

If you really want to take this further, feel free to email me ampharos111@yahoo.com or using our contact form, which can be reached from our site, or send me a private message. If you want to keep it in the public's eye, then so be it, but I will have no choice but to talk to others about this and do something about it once and for all. I don't think people who play Pokemon really care about any of this bull.

Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:18 am
Report this post
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

We *would* be discussing this via e-mail but someone here stated that I have stole stuff just because I linked to Serebii. You know..I've been on the net a long time and I'm really sick of little grudges a lot of you pokemon sites have. Please. Grow Up will you. All I did was come here and politely asked about the icons. But, instead of calmly debating it, you've brought it into the open by accusing me of stealing just because I have a link to Serebii's site. Real class act accussing me of stuff when you don't know a thing about me.

As for the icons, Ampharos, a lot of them do seem similar like Tropius and co. I'm not sure about Metagross any more but just take a look. Just so you know, I never shrank images down to 32 by 32 pixels. All those icons were done by hand. I have noticed that the gsc pokemon aren't frlg icons. They're icons that have been on the net since 2000 and are free.

I'm just sick of dealing with thieves. Icons are essentially fan art. Sorry if there's a misunderstanding but you have to admit, some of those icons do look remarkably similar to my own. Perhaps I will e-mail you, Ampharos. Here's the e-mail address that I found which doesn't work:

psypoke@classicgaming.com

If you still want to talk via e-mail, let me know. I really don't care. I had to get something out due to an unfounded accusation.

Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:21 am
Report this post
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Jesus H Christ

First off, some of your pictures are different yes, but some are very close to identical. I know Chris made these himself and I think you should show a comparisson of each one to show your innocence and not all of them. Why Not? Too Scared he may be right

Afterall, you do have a history of stuff like this, as you know from my email a month or two ago, but Iwont bring it here but you know EXACTLY what I'm going on about.

Of course I am not one to talk as I did used to steal, but havent for 2 years which brings me to my next point

I did not steal from Pokemon Forever. Filb has always had something against me and because I got some info the day after the game came out on the same day as Meowth, just a little later does not mean I stole it. I got the info from the bloody game and it is bloody stupid to accuse me of being a thief because of something like this.

Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:40 am
Report this post
Profile ICQ WWW
Psypoke Legend
Psypoke Legend

Then I ask how you found out the mystery gift phrase?

Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:28 am
Report this post
Profile WWW
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Then I ask how you found out the mystery gift phrase?

Extracting Data from the game maybe

Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:42 pm
Report this post
Profile ICQ WWW
Psypoke Legend
Psypoke Legend

Well the issue has been resolved now. I am glad everything is now sorted.

Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:40 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]