It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Trainer's Guide 
Lite Four
Lite Four

Confuse Ray's purpose isn't solely to make the opponent damage itself. As long as the opponent doesn't get to hit you, the damage done to itself doesn't mattter that much.

Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:42 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Speaking of EVs, I have been training Wobbuffet, and the annoying bloke actually is quite a pokemon to train. It's high maintenance, since you need to keep using potions, drinks, roots, and eithers to keep it going. If you want to use vitamins, the best results are only a few.

Attack and Sp. Attack are useless, since Wobbuffet's only attacks are countering moves that do double the damage inflicted.

Raising Defense and Sp. Defense would then decrease its attack power.

Therefore, you should concentrate your efforts on hit points via HP UP and PP via PP UP. With more hit points, (as if double the normal HP wasn't enough) Wobbuffet can last longer between refills. With more PP, Wobbuffet can Counter away longer before it needs an either. This should also make it easier to catch Latios or Latias, since they can't run away with Wobbuffet in the lead. Too bad Wobbufett can't use Sing or Sleep Powder...

Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:37 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

But the problem remains that you can only have a maximum of 252 or so EVs in a single stat, so how are you gonna distribute the remaining EVs after HP-EV training?

Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:25 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Certain areas of the map require an HM, so naturally you need to have a pokemon with HMs. So, an idea hit me. Simply catch an extra normal type, like Zigzagoon, and teach it four HMs. Cut, Rock Smash, Strength, and Flash. That ought to get you through those blasted rock smashing tree cutting boulder strengthing dark cave flashing quests. Then, have a water pokemon with Surf, Dive, and Waterfall (and one with real moves), and hitch Fly to an extra Taillow. That way, you have all the HMs you need in one pokemon, so you can tuck away the water one while on land and vice versa.

Better yet, give Flash to a compatible water type that has the surf dive and waterfall, and use the other three on the flying pokemon. There you go, all your HMs on two useless pokemon. Just remember to fight with your fantastic four, and when it comes time for a real competition, you can trade in your HM Map Questers for your other 2 best ones...

Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:47 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Wow nido you sure know how to make a team :D

Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:10 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

To BlasterMaster555: That idea is what we term as "HM Slaves". I assure you that many already know about this, but we thank you for your suggestion anyway :D

To Lintaro: Nido didn't make the teams or what. He was the person that took the trouble to compile the numerous guides done by other members.

To AcesHigh: We thank you for your compliment, but do post more useful stuff in the future :D

Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:40 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yes its good but on the Ninetales moves isn't dig just like fly but a ground move and dig if you are under ground and they use earthquake it hits you double damage.
So isn't dig like fly.?????????

Graphics done by Salamence RVCX

Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:56 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Yes its good but on the Ninetales moves isn't dig just like fly but a ground move and dig if you are under ground and they use earthquake it hits you double damage.
So isn't dig like fly.?????????

Yeah, Dig IS similar to Fly. No one said it wasn't.

Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:03 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:59 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Please get your facts right before saying anything. Firstly, it was not Nido who came up with the contents of the Trainer Guide, what he did was to compile the contributions of members together. Read the end of Nido's post, and you should see Credits. I'll put the credits here for you:

Credits:
- Tallest Los for the Basics of Team Building.
- World Order for the EV Guide.
- snowball for the Guide to Raising Pokemon.
- Trigun for some of the FAQs.
- Tessa7338 for some of the Pokemon that learn TM's naturally

My second, and more important point, is that these guides were written by the members. After that, they are placed on the main site by the admins. So please get your facts right before even saying anything, not to mention accusing people of intellectual theft.

Last edited by sN0wBaLL on Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:00 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

What abotu strength for HM's are bad? Strength has 80 power and 100 accuracy, I think this is a pretty good HM (my friend showed me this, when I called him a retard for teaching it to his most used pkoemon in battle, {groudon} )

Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:25 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Strength isn't too bad, but it's just that there are several other Normal moves better than it. Return would have the same accuracy and higher power, provided your Pokemon is happy of course. Slash has a high critical hit ratio. Body Slam paralyzes the foe 30% of the time.

Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I just read through all the posts and I think you forgot something. There are 5 pokemon who are immune to the double-damage-from-earthquake effect of Dig.

Charizard, Flygon, Vibrava, Ninjask, Shedinja.

Pokemon who are flying, have levitate or wander gaurd (and aren't weak to ground attacks) don't get hurt by EQ or magnitude.

Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:33 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

That's because I think the guide was written back when Ruby and Sapphire were initially released, or even before that. But anyway, I've added a note into the relevant part, explaining the above piece of information already. Thanks for pointing that out.

Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:42 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Can someone please tell me!

Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:50 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

camnic1310 wrote:
Can someone please tell me!

Tell you what? Unless you post in the right section and specifically ask for what you want, this is considered as spam.

Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:33 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Before I make too many comments, this guide is for the in-game/link battle teams, yes? I didn't see this specifically mentioned because...if this is for competitive, in-game, and link..than you want some minor upgrades and seperation. If just link/ingame...I still have some comments.

Mean Look and Arena Trap DO NOT make Fly/Dig good. Because of the following:

Pokemon that can Mean Look either A. Fail at offense, B. Can't survive a hit, C. Can't learn Dig/Fly.

Arena Trap pokemon should NEVER have Dig because EQ is stronger and does more damage and over two turns...

infact so does Drill Peck, Aerial Ace, and Hidden Power Flying up to 36 base power(with STAB).

Charizard(and co.) have some sort of immunity to ground attacks...awesome...but I'll switch to my pokemon immune to ground...thus you just wasted two turns. So, that arguement is void.

Dig and Fly are HORRID battling moves. They are insanely helpful on an HM Slave though.

Here are some Calculations:

60(Dig's BP) x 1.5(STAB) = 90 BP over two turns

100(EQ's BP) x 1.5(STAB) x 2(turns) = 300 BP over two turns

Here is Fly:

75 x 1.5 = 105

Aerial Ace:

60 x 1.5 x 2 = 180

Drill Peck:

80 x 1.5 x 2 = 240

HP Fly(36 BP):

36 x 1.5 x 2 = 108

Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:17 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

To clarify first, yes, this is in-game. You don't really "Train" or need a "Trainer's Guide" for battling in NetBattle. Competitive battling things are found in the NetBattle forum.

I think you just missed a point about the Dig and Fly exceptions though. The underlined point more specifically.

Guide wrote:
Perhaps you've used Toxic and Mean look, and you're just waiting for the poison to take effect, and you know that your opponent can't switch due to Mean Look or Block or some such attack. It's okay then, and only then.

It's used when stalling for the poison to take effect, nothing more than that. I would think that most people would be smart enough not to use Dig in that case if they already know the opponent has Earthquake.

And also about the part about the a Flying Pokemon or Shedinja using Dig:

Guide wrote:
~Charizard, Flygon, Vibrava, Ninjask, Shedinja are immune Earthquake due to their part Flying type, or, in the case of Shedinja, its Wonder Guard ability. As such, Earthquake would not be able to do hit them while they are using Dig.

This doesn't mean that it's going to be advisable to use Dig then, it just remarks those that can use Dig and are immune to Earthquake.

Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Since this is ingame...Toxic + Mean Look, or Toxic + Fly + Mean Look, ect. are combos that are much to involved against the AI.

I mean seriously. Why would you need to trap anyway? The AI won't switch. And if they do, big deal, toxic again. Fly and Dig also aren't as bad ingame as they are in competition. Reason being that you'll never know what attacks the AI might have...more so in the Battle Frontier than anything. So, even though they could have Thunder or Earthquake, it is usually like Tauros using Thunder or like Blissey EQing. Still, for the sake of damage and stupid AI "hax" The other attacks would do better...

For serious stalling ingame: Sableye w/ Toxic, Recover, Protect, filler.

YAY PP MAX

Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:48 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

A new section called "Vitamins" has been added to WorldOrder's EV Guide. Full credit (well, I did some slight editing, but that's about it) goes to lunareclipse for this section.

Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:43 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

im not completely surethis is right place to post :oops:
but im niot entirly sure wat types my ultimate team should be made of and how many should be duel typed any ideas? :?:

Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:40 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Actually, there isn't really a right place to post this. You should look through the numerous guides on Psypoke, such as this Trainer's Guide, the Guide to Pokemon Battling Roles, and the Standard Moveset Guides. Subsequently, come up with a team by yourself and post it in the Rating Center (in Hoenn Generation Discussion). You can also view the teams posted by other members in the Rating Center and learn from those. The raters can then give you comments on how to improve your team.

If you have no idea where to start making a team, just grab a bunch of your favourite Pokemon, train them up, and improve on your team from there. There's no short cut to getting an "ultimate team". You have to start learning from the basics =)

Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:09 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm a bit confused about the EV's and Vitamins part, can you completely max out your EV's with just Vitamins? Or do you actually have to train on wild Pokemon? When you train on wild Pokemon how Long does it usually take to max out your EV's?

EDIT: I found the answer to the questions above but I still have one question, if you use say 7 Proteins (if they raise Attack) you get +70 Attack EV's?

Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next