It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:10 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 2v2 Battling Guide Version 4.5 (see last post) 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Anyone who teaches Kingdra a Dragon Attack is lol. Also, A weakness is a weakness. Quite a few pokemon are faster than a Kingdra when Rain Dance isn't active and Dragon Claw + Flamethrower isn't an uncommon thing on Dragonite and the occasional Salamence.

What's with the Flamethrower? Kingdra's 4x resistant to that. :?

Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:23 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

...and Dragon Claw + Flamethrower isn't an uncommon thing on Dragonite and the occasional Salamence.

I believe the part in bold is his point, not the Flamethrower part, Skytune. Now we should stop digressing so someone can proceed on to, rate the team.

Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:16 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{rhydon} @ ChestoBerry-Lightning Rod
Earthquake
Rockslide
Focus Punch/Brick Break
Rest

{gyarados} @ Lefties-Intimidate
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunder Bolt
???

Stategy: Basicly there not going to be taking down gyarados with and electric attack, EQ can be a problem for Rhydon though, so that's why we have the Good 'ol Rest+Chesto Berry combo. You can hit the enemy hard with attacks that effect both opponent like Surf and EQ, while you don't take damage from it. Ice Beam and T. Bolt will help take care of Grass and Water pokes and Focus Punch will take care of Rock types.

And also to help the beating you can start with these pokemon:

{ninjask} @ ???-Speed Boost
Swords Dance
Agility
Baton Pass
Silver Wind

{espeon} @ ???-Syncronize
Calm Mind
Baton Pass
Psychic
Psych Up

The Additional Strategy: Starting with these B Passers will make Gyarado and Rhydon souped up for battle, use Swords Dance a few times and Pass with Ninjask to Rhydon, use Calm Mind to max out Sp. atk on Espeon and Psych Up if the opponent uses agility or anything like that, then pass to gyarados.

Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Let's give a good whacking to Magus' teams :)

Magus wrote:

{rhydon} @ ChestoBerry-Lightning Rod
Earthquake
Rockslide
Focus Punch/Brick Break
Rest

{gyarados} @ Lefties-Intimidate
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunder Bolt
???

Um, I already posted that, with a minor change of moves.

Magus wrote:

{ninjask} @ ???-Speed Boost
Swords Dance
Agility
Baton Pass
Silver Wind

{espeon} @ ???-Syncronize
Calm Mind
Baton Pass
Psychic
Psych Up

Currect scenario with that team is that 1st turn the opponent switches to 2 pokemon strong against Ninjask. Next turn they proceed to assasinate your pokemon with twin Rock Slides KOing Ninjask and probably Espeon.

I rest my case.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:13 am
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ANNOUNCEMENT: Yes, the news on the forum is true... I am back. However, I will not be back for long. I have other reasons, most of which I do not feel like explaining. Anyway, since I can't keep up with the large number of teams being submitted rapidly, I found a solution...

I will pick the best 10 teams ever submitted (one of which is mine, since I want to leave my mark here...). The other teams will be sent to another thread, in which they can be viewed for further rating. Please feel free to PM me on what you think should be in the top ten. NOTE: These top ten WILL BE PERMANENT and WILL NOT CHANGE unless, for some strange reason, I return. Thank you all for supporting this guide and I hope I haven't caused any problems during my absence. Thank You!

P.S: If there are not enough PMs on which teams should be entered into the top ten, I will pick the remaining slots.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Um, I already posted that, with a minor change of moves.
Didn't know that... I didn't bother going through all fourteen pages to check.

Neo_Matrix wrote:
Currect scenario with that team is that 1st turn the opponent switches to 2 pokemon strong against Ninjask. Next turn they proceed to assasinate your pokemon with twin Rock Slides KOing Ninjask and probably Espeon.

I rest my case.
Never said it was perfect :roll:

Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:22 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{rhydon} ABILITY-Lightningrod
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Rain Dance
Thunder

{wailord} ABILITY-Oblivious
Protect
Water Pulse
Ice Beam
Surf

If the opponent is a electric type and is about to hit Wailord, Rhydon's Lightningrod will draw the electricity preventing hitting its partner. Then, I will use Protect on Wailord and Rhydon using Earthquake hitting the opponents but not Wailord since he protected itself. After that, Rhydon will use Rain Dance to boost Wailord's Surf and increase the accuracy of it's Thunder.

Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:48 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Medicham + Stantler with Role Play could work.

Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:59 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Building on the LightningRod idea, how's this:

{charizard}@Lefties
Docile/Blaze
Flamethrower
DragonClaw
SunnyDay
HP Grass

{marowak}@ShellBell
Adament/LightningRod
Earthquake
RockSlide
SwordsDance
Return

Two sweepers. Marowak can EQ to it's heart's content, as it won't hurt Charizard, and Charizard takes out Water types with HP Grass and Grass and Ice types with Flamethrower.The only problem is water, so it might work better to switch Charizard for Zapdos to counter that. Make of it what you will.

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:35 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

ability-volt absorb
rain dance
hydro pump
ice beam
thunder

ability-volt absorb
Charge
surf
ice beam
thunder

Im new but got some ideas. First use rain dance and charge then thunder. use ice beam for grass types and surf (with rain dance) to kill ground. Solarbeam is weak and if you have problems, hit each other with thunder to restore hp.

Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Detect
Leaf Blade
Leach Seed
Aerial Ace

{swampert}
Curse
Rest
Earthquake
Snore

its worked fine for me, and if someone already posted this (or something similar) im sorry to be posting ^_^

Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{typhlosion}@salac
blast burn
endure
reversal
T punch

meganium@leftovers
frenzy plant
leech sead
roar
anything here

feralegtr@whatever
ice beam
hydro cannon
crunch
roar

ursaring@whatever
hyper beam
EQ
sword dance
roar

one pokemon uses it's hyper beam and the pther one roars it so another pokemon comes out and it can use it's hyper beam then roar......and so on there is no need for recharging

Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:40 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

ok heres one

{milotic} item:Quick claw
ability:Marvel scale
Moves:

Attract
Recover
toxic
surf

{espeon} item:Kings rock
ability: Synchronize
Moves:

substitute
psychic
calm mind
morning sun

Ok whats happining here is you send out ya pokemon k, then you see if your opponents are both male if they are then this is a good way to kill em and bug em :)
First you use Milotics attract. on both male pokemon so there a better chance that they wont attack then use substitute on espeon

when you done that use calm mind on espeon, and toxic from milotic onto you foes, so they'll get poisened faster.

if your foes attack your milotic use recover :)
and on espeon use Morning sun to heal your self back to full.

then when you have maxed out you sp.atk and def kill you opponents with psychic, but you might not need to cos they'll allready be dead by poisen :)

this is an effective but can take a while to work, so if you wanna make it a quick battle just use a different technique :D

Ill be back with more double battle techniques soon :)

Fear the evil {weedle} :twisted:

Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:53 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{swampert}
Curse
Rest
Earthquake
Snore

Curse may raise attack but lowers speed.Swampert's worst stat is the Speed and yet you lower its speed. It will be extreme slow.This is my suggestion. Snore won't do good.Try Ice Beam to fight off grass types.

And how about this pair?

{slaking} @Leftovers
Hyper Beam/ Shadow Ball/ Amnesia/ Aerial Ace

Has Aerial Ace to protect itself from fighting types.Shadow Ball to kill the ghosts.Amnesia to raise its spe.def. Hyper Beam works just nice because of Traunt.

{gengar} @Leftovers
Shadow Ball/ Thunderbolt/ Confuse Ray/ Brick Break

Brick Break to kill Dark types. Confuse Ray just to be a little annoying. Shadow Ball to kill Psychics and Ghosts. Thunderbolt for extra to kill water,flying....

Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:48 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

There's already a Slaking-Dusclops pair in the List of Contributed and Sample Teams, which should work better than your Slaking-Gengar team. Check the first few posts of these thread to view them :wink:

Anyway, I don't think Dr.DoubleDuel is around much anymore, so refrain from posting teams since no one is around to rate them anyway :?

Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:29 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Earthquake
Double Edge
Iron Defense
Roar

{gengar} @Leftovers/ Levitate
Toxic
Protect
Confuse Ray
Psychic

Strategy: Gengar starts by using Toxic, and Aggron uses Earthquake (which doesn't damage Gengar because of its Levitate ability). Gengar then Toxics the other opponent while Aggron uses Roar. Roar only hits AFTER Gengar has attacked. After using this combo as many times as you like, and stalling with Protect when needed, Gengar can be used as a Special Sweeper and Aggron as a Physical Sweeper (because of Rock Head for Double Edge and Levitate for Earthquake.

EVs for Gengar in Speed and SA.
EVs for Aggron in Attack and Defense. (For the combo Aggron's Speed doesn't matter because Roar attacks last anyway) :?

Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{lanturn} @ Lefties
Volt Absorb | Modest
Surf
Thunderbolt
Confuse Ray
T Wave

{claydol} @ Quick Claw
Levitate | Anything
Skill Swap
Psychic
Earthquake
Calm Mind

Get Claydol to Skill Swap with Lanturn to give it Levitate, then EQ like mad. Lanturn can either stall with Confuse Ray or go on the offensive, depending on how the oppnent plays.

DeviantART | Webcomic | Photobucket

Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:46 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Anyway, I don't think Dr.DoubleDuel is around much anymore, so refrain from posting teams since no one is around to rate them anyway :?

didn't you all see this post? Dr.Double Duel is not here and no one will rate your teams.

Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:00 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well posting teams is still useful to give other members of psypoke ideas on double teams.

Plus, we shouldn't abandon this thread as the admins might name someone else as double battle rater.

Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:12 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Alright, let me rephrase what I said. When I say "refrain from posting teams", it's because this thread used to function as not just a recommendation thread, but a 2v2 Team Rating Thread as well. As such, since there aren't anyone around to rate 2v2 Teams anymore, members should only post when they have a tried and tested 2v2 Team that works well and which they want to share with the other members.

As for the appointment of new 2v2 Team raters, I have thought about it too. I might sort that out after February; I'm having exams soon.

Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:07 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Should we then include a special clause like: this team has helped me win X out of Y matches; or this team typically takes out X out of my opponents pokemon before both faint/the strategy falls apart?

Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:00 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

It's optional. Not everyone takes note of how many victories he/she has scored with a particular team. Do at least provide some information about why your team works well though.

Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:53 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Flamethrower
Follow me
Double team/Cosmic Power
Moonlight/softboiled

Shedinja
Shadow ball
Toxic
Protect
Endure

Clefable charges with double team/Cosmic power and uses the healing move when necesary while Shedinja uses Endure/protect to prevent KOing. Use follow me and toxic both enemies and if needed protect-heal. Keep doing shadow ball-follow me till you win. Flamethrower kicks steel-type which you cant toxic. Use pp ups if needed.

I hope I helped.

Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

{groudon}@shell bell
earthquake
eruption
solarbeam/return/slash
bulk up

{solrock}@lefties
light screen
soalrbeam
rock slide
psychic

Groudon's drought helps solrock and/or groudon's solar beam not need to cahrge. It also powers up their fire attacks too. And solrock's levitate allows him to dodge the earthquake. Solrock can use light screen to up their sp. def. and groudon ups his def. (and atk.) with bulk up to help stay alive. Rock slide and psychic are just STAB attacks for solrock. And their holds are just some random stuff I threw in. Okay, maybe this isn't good at all... but oh well, groudon would fit with solrock anyway. I like the word " lefties"...der... =D

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:34 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next