It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:38 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Do you think there will be a Pokemon ElectricYellow game? 
Author Message
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:22 pm
Posts: 10
Do you think there will be a ElectricYellow game like Pokemon Yellow with a pikachu following you around?
{pikachu}

_________________
Alex, the greatest Pokemon trainer!
Gold and Silver are the best Pokemon games ever!!!


Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:06 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:10 am
Posts: 710
Location: Nebraska
Post 
I doubt it. We've already confirmed Emerald for GBA and Pearl and Diamond for Nintendo DS, so I'm pretty sure they won't go back and make another Pokemon GBA game.

_________________
My band, from dust. CAUTION: Not hipster-approved.


Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:01 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:35 pm
Posts: 236
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Post 
I think that there will be.
Nintendo has never made only 2 games in a set of cartridges.

Notice the following:

Red/Green, Blue and Yellow - Colours Generation
Gold, Silver and Crystal - Metallic Generation
Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald - Gems Generation
FireRed, LeafGreen and ElectricYellow - Bright Colours Generation
Pearl, Diamond and _______ - Jewelry Generation

(Did I spell Jewelry correctly?)


Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:56 pm
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:03 am
Posts: 3835
Location: Singapore
Post 
Pokemaster2005 wrote:
I think that there will be.
Nintendo has never made only 2 games in a set of cartridges.

Notice the following:

Red/Green, Blue and Yellow - Colours Generation
Gold, Silver and Crystal - Metallic Generation
Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald - Gems Generation
FireRed, LeafGreen and ElectricYellow - Bright Colours Generation
Pearl, Diamond and _______ - Jewelry Generation

(Did I spell Jewelry correctly?)


Ruby and Sapphire are used in jewellery as well, not just pearls and diamond. Anyway, I don't think there will be an Electric Yellow, at least not in the near future. They are busy with Emerald, Pearl and Diamond at the moment and don't have time for Electric Yellow.

_________________
ImageImage


Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:48 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:09 pm
Posts: 399
Post 
sN0wBaLL wrote:
Pokemaster2005 wrote:
I think that there will be.
Nintendo has never made only 2 games in a set of cartridges.

Notice the following:

Red/Green, Blue and Yellow - Colours Generation
Gold, Silver and Crystal - Metallic Generation
Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald - Gems Generation
FireRed, LeafGreen and ElectricYellow - Bright Colours Generation
Pearl, Diamond and _______ - Jewelry Generation

(Did I spell Jewelry correctly?)


Ruby and Sapphire are used in jewellery as well, not just pearls and diamond. Anyway, I don't think there will be an Electric Yellow, at least not in the near future. They are busy with Emerald, Pearl and Diamond at the moment and don't have time for Electric Yellow.


I was under the impression that Emerald is more or less complete, and they just have to do translation.

but at any rate, they'll probably work on whatever the next game is(whether it be p/d or a 3rd element generation game) when they finish emerald. Though they might have the DS team working on the mechanics for Pokemon DS...


Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:19 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:58 pm
Posts: 1014
Location: New York, United States
Post 
I will be so screwed if the next Pokemon games are strictly for DS. Because I'm not buying one.

On Topic-I agree that Electric Yellow is out of the question. Not to be lame but Nintendo was really starting to go out of business for awhile. I think FireRed and Leafgreen were what brought them back to life.


Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:28 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:20 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Shadows...
Post 
Im pretty sure there will be an ElectricYellow or something like that... Who knows? it might even be AquaBlue, or even PlumPurple!

(u know that japan also released a Purple version with green, right?)

_________________
Go my minions of darkness! {mightyena} {umbreon} {murkrow} {sneasel} {houndoom} {misdreavus} {absol}


Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:29 pm
Profile YIM
THE POWER IS ON!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:29 am
Posts: 1559
Location: Purple Ranger
Post 
Um, no, Nintendo didn't release a Purple version. They released RED and Green together in Japan with Lizardon and Fushigibana on the covers, then they made a Blue version with a new art file and Kamex on the cover without a companion game. When the Anime became popular, then they made the Yellow version with Pikachu. There was never any Purple whatsoever.

Anyway, it'd be a complete waste of time and money for Nintendo to make a third companion to FR/LG. The Yellow version was meant to mirror the Anime up to the point of its release (somewhere around the seventh badge), and if they made Electric/Thunder Yellow, it wouldn't be mirroring the events of the current Anime anymore. Nintendo should focus on Pearl/Diamond (which, despite having a 2005 release date, has only given us ONE Pokemon and no other information at all) instead of remaking a now-outdated game that was a remake in the first place.


Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:42 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:45 am
Posts: 745
Location: Livin' it up in Shin'o
I think they will make an ElectricYellow game. Like someone said, they have never made only two games in a generation. And Pok


Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:18 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:37 pm
Posts: 133
Location: Portugal, Lisbon
Post 
I agree, I think that they will still make ElectricYellow...

_________________
<center><img src="http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~psypoke/forums/images/trainercards/Arcaninegirl.png"></center>


Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:07 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:03 pm
Posts: 226
Location: Somewhere. I wish I knew where...
Post 
I want a third game to go with FRLG but it will probally be waterblue or something like that because it would star the other fully evolved starter, {blastiose}

_________________
<img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/sacredskullkid/charizardrulersig.jpg"><img src="http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~psypoke/forums/images/trainercards/Charizardruler.png">


Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:30 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:26 am
Posts: 81
Location: Behind a secret door, which leads to freedom, in ice-fall cave
Post 
Charizardruler wrote:
I want a third game to go with FRLG but it will probally be waterblue or something like that because it would star the other fully evolved starter, {blastiose}

yeah - you say that, but note: Europe, U.S, etc. didnt get green when it came out did we/they. so i doubt water/aqua blue will come out, i dnt thnk there is any real point to electric yellow unless they make it so u can get to the seveii islands, johto and hoenn

_________________
<center><img src="http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~psypoke/forums/images/trainercards/Ice_Master.png"></center>

Image


Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:08 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:09 pm
Posts: 399
Post 
Frost wrote:
Um, no, Nintendo didn't release a Purple version. They released RED and Green together in Japan with Lizardon and Fushigibana on the covers, then they made a Blue version with a new art file and Kamex on the cover without a companion game. When the Anime became popular, then they made the Yellow version with Pikachu. There was never any Purple whatsoever.

Anyway, it'd be a complete waste of time and money for Nintendo to make a third companion to FR/LG. The Yellow version was meant to mirror the Anime up to the point of its release (somewhere around the seventh badge), and if they made Electric/Thunder Yellow, it wouldn't be mirroring the events of the current Anime anymore. Nintendo should focus on Pearl/Diamond (which, despite having a 2005 release date, has only given us ONE Pokemon and no other information at all) instead of remaking a now-outdated game that was a remake in the first place.


Indeed. I think that purple actually might have been a pirate game, like the old Diamond and Jade or whatever.

A remake of Yellow would be somewhat redundant in that it'd be an outdated remake of a remake.

To be fair, though, Nintendo was never particularly vocal about the upcoming pokemon game. There'd be like 10 or 20 of the new pokemon shown, with no information besides the name, a few screenshots with new features, and some stock footage and photos.

By the way, what's with the pineapple Brock thing? O_o


Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:13 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:10 pm
Posts: 740
Location: Houston, TX
Post 
Not to point fingers, but wasn't there a thread like this in the diamond and pearl discussion?


Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:53 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:35 pm
Posts: 236
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Myuutsuu wrote:
I think they will make an ElectricYellow game. Like someone said, they have never made only two games in a generation. And Pok


Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:06 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:20 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Shadows...
Post 
Mr. Saturn wrote:
Frost wrote:
Um, no, Nintendo didn't release a Purple version. They released RED and Green together in Japan with Lizardon and Fushigibana on the covers, then they made a Blue version with a new art file and Kamex on the cover without a companion game. When the Anime became popular, then they made the Yellow version with Pikachu. There was never any Purple whatsoever.

Anyway, it'd be a complete waste of time and money for Nintendo to make a third companion to FR/LG. The Yellow version was meant to mirror the Anime up to the point of its release (somewhere around the seventh badge), and if they made Electric/Thunder Yellow, it wouldn't be mirroring the events of the current Anime anymore. Nintendo should focus on Pearl/Diamond (which, despite having a 2005 release date, has only given us ONE Pokemon and no other information at all) instead of remaking a now-outdated game that was a remake in the first place.


Indeed. I think that purple actually might have been a pirate game, like the old Diamond and Jade or whatever.

A remake of Yellow would be somewhat redundant in that it'd be an outdated remake of a remake.

To be fair, though, Nintendo was never particularly vocal about the upcoming pokemon game. There'd be like 10 or 20 of the new pokemon shown, with no information besides the name, a few screenshots with new features, and some stock footage and photos.

By the way, what's with the pineapple Brock thing? O_o


I think you may be right cuz about 5 years ago i remember a friend showing me a pokemon purple with lo-tech graphics. (even more so that Red/Blue) :shock:

_________________
Go my minions of darkness! {mightyena} {umbreon} {murkrow} {sneasel} {houndoom} {misdreavus} {absol}


Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:17 pm
Profile YIM
THE POWER IS ON!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:29 am
Posts: 1559
Location: Purple Ranger
Post 
Mr. Saturn wrote:
To be fair, though, Nintendo was never particularly vocal about the upcoming pokemon game. There'd be like 10 or 20 of the new pokemon shown, with no information besides the name, a few screenshots with new features, and some stock footage and photos.

By the way, what's with the pineapple Brock thing? O_o


Exactly. Think back to back to 2002, before Ruby and Sapphire were coming out. We knew about Kecleon, Wailmer and Azurill since Crystal came out; then we learned about Duskull, Volbeat, Latias, Latios and the starter Pokemon way before Ruby and Sapphire were released. Look at where we are now: it's February 2005, the year in which Pearl and Diamond are supposed to be released, and we only know of one new Pokemon still - Munchlax.

And my pineappley Brock is courtesy of the Anime - it's from Takeshi no Paradaisu, one of the closing sequences in Japan. It's a very goofy video and Brock hula dancing cracks me up, so... yeah.


Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:54 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:21 am
Posts: 565
Location: Crawling out of your TV
Post 
I always wondered about Brock :lol:
But anyways, who is Munchlax? A snorlax pre-evo?

_________________
<center><img src="images/trainercards/Bobashotmace.png"></center>


Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:55 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:10 am
Posts: 710
Location: Nebraska
Post 
Two possible solutions to why we haven't gotten much advance information:

A) They don't think the game is going to do very well so they're not wasting money trying to revive a dead horse (and that's totally NOT the phrase I was trying to come up with, but it sounds good, doesn't it? :P).

2) Nintendo has decided that they want to keep it all under wraps and let everyone find it out for themselves.

D) They're just waiting.

Personally, I think 2 or D are the most logical.

_________________
My band, from dust. CAUTION: Not hipster-approved.


Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:57 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:09 pm
Posts: 399
Post 
Frost wrote:
Mr. Saturn wrote:
To be fair, though, Nintendo was never particularly vocal about the upcoming pokemon game. There'd be like 10 or 20 of the new pokemon shown, with no information besides the name, a few screenshots with new features, and some stock footage and photos.

By the way, what's with the pineapple Brock thing? O_o


Exactly. Think back to back to 2002, before Ruby and Sapphire were coming out. We knew about Kecleon, Wailmer and Azurill since Crystal came out; then we learned about Duskull, Volbeat, Latias, Latios and the starter Pokemon way before Ruby and Sapphire were released. Look at where we are now: it's February 2005, the year in which Pearl and Diamond are supposed to be released, and we only know of one new Pokemon still - Munchlax.


And my pineappley Brock is courtesy of the Anime - it's from Takeshi no Paradaisu, one of the closing sequences in Japan. It's a very goofy video and Brock hula dancing cracks me up, so... yeah.


Well, release dates are never set in stone. They are often delayed to get as much as the designers want into it... I'd prefer a great delayed game than a crappy rushed one. And Hula Brock sounds funny as hell. I just thought his head looked like a pineapple, sorta...


Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:46 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:09 am
Posts: 34
Location: middlesex
Post 
0i hope there will cause yellow was really cool


Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:42 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:37 pm
Posts: 133
Location: Portugal, Lisbon
Post 
Myuutsuu wrote:
Yellow was good but it was hard in the beggining trying to beat Brock.
~

Yeah, but I used {mankey} ! :D

_________________
<center><img src="http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~psypoke/forums/images/trainercards/Arcaninegirl.png"></center>


Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:24 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:45 am
Posts: 745
Location: Livin' it up in Shin'o
Post 
Yellow was good but it was hard in the beggining trying to beat Brock.


Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:24 pm
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:03 am
Posts: 3835
Location: Singapore
Post 
Myuutsuu wrote:
Yellow was good but it was hard in the beggining trying to beat Brock.


Though Pikachu was useless against Brock's Pokemon, there were changes to the game which made it easier to beat Brock. For example, Brock's Pokemon had lower levels than in RB, and Pokemon that you could catch before you get to Pewter City were made better. Both Nidorans could learn Double Kick at Level 12, whereas Mankey could learn Low Kick at Level 9, unlike in RB. With these fighting moves, Brock is much easier to handle.

_________________
ImageImage


Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:30 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:03 pm
Posts: 226
Location: Somewhere. I wish I knew where...
Post 
Way back when I was trying two beat brock, I did it the hard way. I leveled up a {butterfree}. Battleing a metapod against {pidgey}'s is so hard and time consuming!

_________________
<img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/sacredskullkid/charizardrulersig.jpg"><img src="http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~psypoke/forums/images/trainercards/Charizardruler.png">


Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:48 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.