It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Breeding with Ninetales 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hi all :)

So here's what's happenin...
My friend wants to breed a {vulpix} / {ninetales} with Hypnosis, Disable, and Heat Wave.

As far as i can tell... this is impossible because the attacks are coming from 2 different male pokemon, but im not affraid of being wrong, wich is why i'm here!
Is having these 3 moves together on a {vulpix} / {ninetales} possible?
Or am i correct in thinking it is limited to Hypnosis + Disable or Heat Wave...

Please and Thank You for any help you may provide.

Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:31 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

1.This is impossible to have a baby {vulpix}/{ninetales} to have three egg moves.only one egg move can be possible
2.the attacks are coming from three male pokemon,stantler,psyduck and torkoal.
3.its up to your choice of who you want your {vulpix}/{ninetales} to breed with.

Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:44 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

actualy... if im not mistaken, 2 pokemon.... u can breed hypnosis from {stantler} to {psyduck}, giving it 2 of the 3 egg moves.

Chain breeding is possible right? well... on that part i plan on trying for myself anyways...

But i am just trying to figure out if there is a way to get Heat Wave into the mix.

i'm extremely doubtful that there is some sort of extremely elaborate chain of breeding to get all 3 moves onto ninetales... but as a friend i feel i gotta give it a shot right?

if u have any info that might help it would be greatly appreciated

Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:59 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

it is not possible to have heat wave into the mix.if you are still not sure,check out ninetales breeding page
http://psypokes.com/dex/pokedex.php?id=038&view=breeding

Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:06 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i have, and since you didnt denny the idea of chain breeding, i think i'll continue in my searches.
and before you can say it... yes i do realize i will need to find a pokemon that can learn all 3 moves (unprobable) and can breed with Ninetales (i dont wana kno the odds)... and i myself do believe this to be a lost cause, but it's not like i have much better to do so continue i shall.

I supose i've gathered all the information i can from the forums. thank you for your assistance.

Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:11 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Smeargle, could possibly breed all three moves onto Ninetales, though, it may be slightly difficult to get all three moves.

Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:40 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

hmm... one question... if smeargle uses sketch in a vs. battle... will it keep the move?

Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:42 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm not sure, Vid Kid but i think that's no.

Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:45 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

aight.... though since u dont seem to sure about it.. i guess im gona have to try... an now that i think about it... PERFECT!

ok... if anyone can, please confirm if this is possible....

when you mix records in the record corner in ruby/sapphire, your friend's secret base is in your game, and you can battle that trainer in their base... it is like a regular trainer battle gaining exp and what not... so...
say i gave my friend a psyduck, stantler, and torkoal, each only with disable / hypnosis / heat wave (move deleter), and exchanged records with my friend... i should be able to use smeargle in battle against them and aquire the moves without hastle....

is it possible, plausable, or am i simply crazy with the idea that i am in fact slowly becoming a pokemon breeder(this isnt the first case of me searching for breeding possibilities).

Last edited by Vid Kid on Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:51 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sketch has only one power point, and works, in almost the same way as mimic, only it keeps the move it sketched after the battle,
Give it macho brace to hold, so that smeargle is slower than Torkoal/Psyduck/Stantler, (and will, hopfully, survive heat wave, or hypnosis will hopfully miss, disable will fail though, so that shouldn't be a problem)
Smeargle learns Sketch at these levels and can only have one of the same move at one time meaning, you'll have to sketch a move, then level up, sketch, level up, until you have all three moves.

Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:10 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

honestly for me, that isnt really a problem. Smeargle learns sketch every 10 levels, and the psydex says it doesnt have any power so im not too worried. Every 10 levels i put smeargle against a different pokemon, but even then it might not be too hard...

get smeargle level 10 with a fair chunk of exp, face the psyduck level 10, sketch it... with a little luck, smeargle can level up after i knock out psyduck, lvl 11 = sketch,so i can sketch stantler / torkoal.
i can breed my torkoal for a level 5 with heat wave. so i'd only need to battle twice to make it work. this is great and my friend is gonna be really happy that he can have the moveset he wants.

just... a few more questions...
1.)how do i get to smeargle in colosseum?
i find it odd that my friend is at the point in colosseum where he has to catch smeargle... but how do i locate the trainer.. my friend lent me his memory card so i could breed some of his colosseum pokemon, and in exchange i do some purifying for him... the guide i have says i should get an email sending me into a trap where u get smeargle... but.. how do i get the email?
2.) where is the move deleter in fire red / sapphire?

Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:27 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

1.i don't know much about colosseum.and here is smeargle's location
http://psypokes.com/dex/pokedex.php?id=235&view=location
2.the move deleter's location in firered/leafgreen is in fuchsia city,on the left of the pokemon center.in rby/sapp/emer the move deleter is in lilycove ctiy

Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

as for the colosseum part... the dex just says the name of the trainer...
but aparently with colosseum there's some odd series of events to get whatever in the end for an email that leads you to people with poke's...
psypoke doesnt have a colosseum walkthrough does it... odd... *thinks of creating colosseum guide*

as for the move deleter.. thanks. not having to talk to everyone in the game makes this much easier :D

I think i've got all the information i needed from here, minus the colosseum bit, but i'll probibly figure it out eventualy.

So if there is nothing more to be said, i'd like to take this opertunity to thank everyone again on behalf of myself and my friend for the great help you've all provided. :D :D

Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:41 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]