It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Video Game Review: Mario Superstar Baseball 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Ah, America's pasttime, now Mario-ised!

1st Impression: I have played the demo at Walmart (like 11 times), and I was quite impressed. Great sound and nice graphics, coupled with over 30 characters from various games of the Mario universe, this game was a smash in my eyes.

Gameplay: With over 30 charcters and 6 different arenas, each with their own uniqueness, such as the floating blocks at Peach's Garden, you can mix and match and mix some more. The Challenge play comes in 4 different levels. You start with a 9 basic players; i.e. for Mario's team you start with Mario and Luigi, Monty Mole, 3 Nokis and 3 Piantas. You challenge other teams and if you dowell enough, you can get those players on your team to create the best team of 9 to challenge Bowser with. There are also mingames, such as Home Run Derby, and even a Practice mode to fine tune your skills.

Life Span: After you get complete the Bowser challenge with everyone (anywhere from 5-10 hours, at least for Easy for everyone), there isn't much else to do. You can clear all the mini games on Special level (NOT EASY), and play with custom settings over and over again until you master the game, which I plan to do.

In conclusion, it's a great game. The lack of gameplay is more than made up for in customization, sound and graphics.

Graphics: 9/10
Sound: 10/10
Gameplay: 9/10
Life Span: 7/10
Overall: 8.75/10

Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:26 pm
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

As with most Mario sports games...this game rocks out loud in multiplayer. 8)

My favorite characters from the game: Hammer Bros., Shy Guy, Yoshi, and Mario. :P

I'll lend in my ratings:

Graphics: 9/10
Sound: 10/10
1-Player Gameplay: 9/10
2-Player Gameplay: 10/10
Life Span: 8/10
Overall: 9/10

:mrgreen:

Oh...another thing...
I'm starting Mario-videogame reviews in the Mario Mafia topic; feel free to make some reviews there too, Sneaky_Sneasel. :wink:

Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]