It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Video Game Review: Smackdown vs Raw 2006 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

<center>Smackdown vs Raw 2006</center>

First Impressions

My first impressions on this game when I picked it up was "Whoa!!!!" at the graphics. Amazing realism making this game a pleasure to watch. The controls differ slightly from previous Smackdown games. The commentary is a bit of a let down, however.

Gameplay

The gameplay is extremely realistic, complete with a Stamina meter. Of course, this means I can't abuse Batista's Powerbomb, but oh well. The controls work pretty well with the game, although the PSP counterpart is a bit meh on the controls. Even the occasional glitch is forgivable, as it is about as unavoidable as beating up a dummy. The season mode is amazing, with non-repetitive storylines and character specific storylines, covered with voice overs.

Life Span

This game has about 30-35 hours worth of gameplay. All the unlocking and playing is phenomenal. That, coupled with the PSP counterpart, goes up to about 60-70 hours of gameplay. All the trophies and the customizable locker room is uniquely amazing. Even after you complete the game, the online capabilities are mind-blowing. You can create your own belts in-game, and wager them online.

Overall Opinion

This is an outstanding game, filled with awesome graphics, great gameplay and a VERY long lifespan. Overall Score:

Graphics: 10/10

Sound: 8/10

Gameplay: 9/10

Lifespan: 10/10

Overall: 9.25/10

Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:50 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]