It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 58  Next
 Creative Movesets *Announcement over DP: see first post* 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Then again, what applies for Hariyama could work for Machamp; Fighting-types, Guts... although Machamp does have the better defences...

Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gengar Male-Blackglasses
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Psychic
Focus Punch

Psychic is just for damage, Hypnosis is to set up for Focus Punch. -Put them to sleep so you don't flinch during preparations for Focus Punch- And if you start losing a lot of HP use Dream Eater.

Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

One I feel kicks major butt...

Gengar Male-Blackglasses
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Psychic
Focus Punch

Psychic is just for damage, Hypnosis is to set up for Focus Punch. -Put them to sleep so you don't flinch during preparations for Focus Punch- And if you start losing a lot of HP use Dream Eater.

Blackglasses raises the strength of Dark attacks and none of your attacks are dark. :P

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

DUST!

Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, you've got the right idea, but Hypnosis isn't really reliable as a Sleep-inducing move (accuracy 55%?) and most of your set seems to hinge on it. Also, I don't really like Dream Eater much because, believe it or not, there ARE things that are faster than Gengy and if they wake up, that's basically a free shot for them while your Dream Eater fails.

Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:26 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

In addition, there are some Pokemon that cannot be hypnotised to sleep. Examples are Pokemon like Vigoroth, which has the ability Vital Spirit, and Pokemon with the ability Insomnia as well. If Gengar could learn Spore, which is much more accurate than Hypnosis, then perhaps this moveset would be much better in terms of reliability. Perhaps Rest is a better alternative to Dream Eater as well because it cures status ailments and is not dependent on Hypnosis's success.

Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:07 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Isee. I have to remember that. But thanks on the ideas! And now I just realized, Hypnosis does have a low accuracy...

Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

having fun with one of my favorite birds:

Xatu@Leftovers Trait: Synchronize
-SpAtk +Speed or Atk
252 Speed, 128 Defense, 128 Sp.Def
Haze
Refresh
Night Shade
Drill Peck

Paralysis? Toxic? Will O Wisp? Nope, not gonna happen, bub. At least not to me. Boosting defenses? No Dice. Got a big ol' chunk of HP? I'll cut through it like a hot knife through butter. Normal Type? I got Drill Peck to fall back on.

Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:21 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Not the most creative moveset I've seen, but definitely good in the sense that it is offensive while it is defensive as well too. Should we test this? :D

Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:00 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

LIEK OMFG!!!!ROFOL!!1!!!11!!11oneonee!!!111eleven!! EYE HAV3 A IDEEUH FOR A KREEATIFF MOV3S3TSS!!!!111!!one!!11one!!

Randomly thought of this, thought it might be good for a try.

Swampert @ White Herb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Torrent (does anyone else HATE the starter's abilities?)
EVs: 252 Atk, 100 Spd, 100 SpDef, 58 HP
~Curse
~Mirror Coat
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake

A PhysicalSweepert! Curse up, White Herb prevents Speed loss, then Sweep! If a Special Sweeper opponent comes out, then start Mirror Coating. I think it has some potential. So many people are like, "I'm gonna own you with my Surf/Ice Beam/EQ/Rest Swampert!" that I think this can work.

Thoughts?

LIEK OMFG!!!!ROFOL!!1!!!11!!11oneonee!!!111eleven!! TH!S ISS LIEK MUH 4ooTH POSSSSSTT!!!11!!11!oneone!!1!1!!1!

Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well that Swampy could work, but do you think it could survive a Magical Leaf, Razor Leaf, Giga Drain or Solarbeam?

And how would you get Curse and Mirror Coat on it? If I remember right, I thought you could only get one unless you shark both.

I think it could use a test.

EDIT: I know you get it through breeding, here i'll put what I thought it as an example,

Slowpoke learns Curse and Corsola learns Mirror Coat.

Let's say you breed to get Curse first, you put Male Slowpoke and Female Swampert in Breeding Center.

A baby girl is born with Curse, now if you breed a male Corsola with the female baby, the baby will have Mirror Coat, but not Curse.

Last edited by RaichuLatias on Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

You can get Curse and Mirror Coat on Swampert if you breed.

Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Woah, ages since I thought of movesets. And been unable to get on NetBattle lately, sorry.

{altaria}@Leftovers
Calm
252SPDEF, 129HP, 129SPDEF
Refresh
Rest
Protect
Dragonbreath

Altaria needs all that Sp. Def to survive Ice attacks. Status? No problem. Refresh fixes it right up. Dragonbreath for PAR, Protect and Rest standard. Was originally thinking Toxistaller, but a little common.

Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:20 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ah, well, RL, online you can choose any move from it's movepoll to put on it regardless of how it was bred. Rather convenient.

As to the Altaria, it has potential. But (and maybe I'm reading this wrong) seems to me like it's built more for survival than anything, and is merely alternative for the sake of being alternative.

Quote:
leet for:
papersun's Metagross
Achilles' Pidgeot
Achilles' Ninetales
psycho_freak's Regice

Since leet for never returned, when you have the chance to get back on NetBattle, could you test these, along with my Swampert, sNOwBaLL's Nosepass, Mr. Saturn's Cacturne, and Mr. Saturn's Xatu? When you can get it running again, of course. I continue to try to run it on my computer, but it just doesn't want to.

Here's all those sets. If NetBattle issues persist, I may just skip the testing stage and put them straight on the list.

sNOwBaLL wrote:
Anyway, here's a Nosepass.

@Leftovers |Bold|
EVs: 252 Special Defense 252 Defense 6 Hp
Toxic
Zap Cannon
Lock On
Rest

Mr. Saturn wrote:
Cacturne @ Leftovers
Substitute
Leech Seed
Focus Punch
HP Physical (Ghost/Flying/Rock?)

252 Atk Evs, 128 Defense and Special Defense, Adamant nature.

Mr. Saturn wrote:
Xatu@Leftovers Trait: Synchronize
-SpAtk +Speed or Atk
252 Speed, 128 Defense, 128 Sp.Def
Haze
Refresh
Night Shade
Drill Peck

EDIT: BTW . . .

RaichuLatias wrote:
Well that Swampy could work, but do you think it could survive a Magical Leaf, Razor Leaf, Giga Drain or Solarbeam?

A nifty little tool (thank you, Damage Calculator) showed me that Swampert should be able to withstand a Giga Drain from a maxed-out SpAtk Ludicolo. Granted, it couldn't withstand two, but hey, that's what anticipation is for (MIRROR COAT!). I'll punch in some more scenarios later.

Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:20 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

And Swampy sounds very interesting. I always liked Swampert anyway. But...

Could we get another tester? There're so many movesets to be tested...

Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:54 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I was thinking of asking the same question. Anyway, those who are interested in being a Creative Moveset tester can PM papersun, Venumeleon, Achilles or me to apply.

But before applying, do remember that simply using the Pokemon against another in a single battle is not enough. Testing requires trying out the Pokemon against a variety of types (Dark, Psychic, Normal, etc.) as well as battling styles. (Tanks, Sweepers, Annoyers, etc.) After reading this, if you still feel you're up to the job, apply now :D

Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:42 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Eep! I'll try.

And Swampy sounds very interesting. I always liked Swampert anyway. But...

Could we get another tester? There're so many movesets to be tested...
Well, I use that same set (coincidence :)) and it works. So it has my approval.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:31 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

<font color=ACEACE>I just got one that I think is the best Pokemon moveset ever. pH34r the Dunsparce:

{dunsparce} @KingsRock
Serence Grace [Jolly Nature]
EV's: (Att - 252) (Speed - 252) (HP - 6)
~ThunderWave
~Headbutt
~AncientPower/ShadowBall
~RockSmash

I will give it some time to let it kick in... a little more... a few more seconds... okay. This is the only time were RockSmash is good on a Pokemon. It does three things, has a 100% chance of lowering Pokemon's Defense, has a good chance of flinching the enemy, does a very small amount of damage. Basically what happens is it casts ThunderWave and sweeps with Headbutt, if the Pokemon has high defense, loosen them up with a couple of RockSmashes. It's nice. ShadowBall if for the Ghost types or AncientPower is for the extra stats. I am still playing with it though you get the idea. Here's another one:

{hypno} @LiechiBerry
Insomnia [Adament Nature]
EV's: (Att - 252) (Def - 252) (HP - 6)
~Swagger
~Psych Up
~BodySlam
~ShadowBall

This catches A LOT of people off guard. A friend of mine used if once and it totally destroyed few people on NetBattle. It is pretty simple, a lot of people think that Hypno has a higher special attack then attack, though they are excatly the same. All you do is casts Swagger on the enemy and then use Psych-Up on them. Then sweep like crazy, once the enemy dies then you can do it all over again, and you get stronger... I think.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

<font color=ACEACE>I just got one that I think is the best Pokemon moveset ever. pH34r the Dunsparce:

{dunsparce} @KingsRock
Serence Grace [Jolly Nature]
EV's: (Att - 252) (Speed - 252) (HP - 6)
~ThunderWave
~Headbutt
~AncientPower/ShadowBall
~RockSmash

I will give it some time to let it kick in... a little more... a few more seconds... okay. This is the only time were RockSmash is good on a Pokemon. It does three things, has a 100% chance of lowering Pokemon's Defense, has a good chance of flinching the enemy, does a very small amount of damage. Basically what happens is it casts ThunderWave and sweeps with Headbutt, if the Pokemon has high defense, loosen them up with a couple of RockSmashes. It's nice. ShadowBall if for the Ghost types or AncientPower is for the extra stats. I am still playing with it though you get the idea. Here's another one:

{hypno} @LiechiBerry
Insomnia [Adament Nature]
EV's: (Att - 252) (Def - 252) (HP - 6)
~Swagger
~Psych Up
~BodySlam
~ShadowBall

This catches A LOT of people off guard. A friend of mine used if once and it totally destroyed few people on NetBattle. It is pretty simple, a lot of people think that Hypno has a higher special attack then attack, though they are excatly the same. All you do is casts Swagger on the enemy and then use Psych-Up on them. Then sweep like crazy, once the enemy dies then you can do it all over again, and you get stronger... I think.

Duns is nice, though defenses are a issue. Also, taking advantage of Seren Grace is almost standard on it or on Togetic, so this isn't creative enough.

Hypno is brilliant. I also though that Sp. Atk was higher than Atk. Granted, this set has problems with Skarmory/T-Tar, or if a physical sweeper manages to recover from confusion (like Armaldo or Quagsire, since they have great Def stats too), but 252 DEF stats defintely makes it live longer.

Oh, and since your friend has NetBattle, could you get him to test a few sets?

NetBattle is working fine now. I should have 3 or 4 sets done by Friday.

And if Swampert works well, Achilles, then I suppose papersun can add it. Takes off one slot on my list anyway. :P

Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:10 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

<font color=ACEACE>For Hypno I guess I could put BrickBreak over BodySlam. I agree in saying that Dunesparce isn't creative enough, forget about it then at the time I though it was 1337, since the odds of flinching were are 80%. So the chances of the enmeny attacking, are small, so who needs defense. Maybe instead of one of the secondary attack I put Substitute.

My friend hasn't used NetBattle in several months, he is actually know Anti-Nintendo, so he doesn't play anything Nintendo related because of some strange reason with some game or something. Bad grudge or something. I can't use NetBattle because of my intense Firewall. I can't use NetBattle, mIRC, P2P, use chatrooms, etc. I have this Firewall because I have a Wireless connecting and they can get hacked really easily and there are a lot of good computer hackers in my neighborhood.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:19 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

And if Swampert works well, Achilles, then I suppose papersun can add it. Takes off one slot on my list anyway. :P

It shall be done. :D

And think about this:

Hypno @ Lefties
Nature: Modest
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
~Skill Swap
~Rest
~Psychic
~Seismic Toss

Skill Swap away Insomnia at the beginning, Rest when you need to, then switch out. When you switch back in, Hypno will have Insomnia again and will wake right back up.

Hosed againsts Ghosts, not hosed against Darks.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:17 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Just a few ideas I have tossing around inside my head.

{vigoroth} @ Everstone (no way I will let it evolve into Slaking)
Counter
Reversal
Rest
Endure

As Vigoroth's stats are not all that amazing, you use it to counterattack the opposing Pokemon, if the Endure - Reversal combo doesn't finish it off, then a quick Rest thanks to its Vital Spirit should bring it back to health. This combo is theoretical only, I haven't tested it so what do you guys think of it?

"If you want to stab someone in the back, you first need to get behind them."

Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Vital Spirit will block off Rest completely; you need to fall asleep first before restoring health.

And if your opponent finds you using Counter after Counter, he'll just use special attacks to drag you down.

Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:43 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Vital Spirit will block off Rest completely; you need to fall asleep first before restoring health.

And if your opponent finds you using Counter after Counter, he'll just use special attacks to drag you down.

Well I did say it was theoretical idea after all, thanks for the feedback.

"If you want to stab someone in the back, you first need to get behind them."

Last edited by Dark_Paper_Magician_Girl on Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:16 am
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dustox- Pretty good. Its decent Sp. Def even allowed to survive some STABed Psychics and managed to Toxicstall a few victories. Light Screen really helped. I think I might have to change Silver Wind-it just didn't give enough power.

Pelipper- Nice. Didn't KO any, but managed to at least Toxictracct a few, and Pursuit/Surf did some nice damage. It's a decent annoyer, though that large weakness to Electric is a bit of a problem.

Nosepass- Sweet. Managed to either poison or paralyze quite a few, thoug hit proved rather useless against Steel types (especially Spikers like Skarm or Forretress). The problem is when the opponent won't switch and take the little damage Zap Cannon deals, then pound you with something like EQ.

Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 58  Next