It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
 Yu-Gi-Oh 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hm, interesting, you have some cards there I never expected to see in a deck nowadays, especially Reasoning and Rare Metal Dragon.

Opticlops can be switched with something a little more powerful, cards like Insect Knight or Luster Dragon are accessible already, and if you want to stick with the DARK attribute, then try going for the slightly more expensive Archfiend Soldier. Same goes for La Jinn.

Okay, I'll do that.

The sacred crane and molten zombie are good for special summoning, as you know, especially making use of the creator's effect, but you'll be in trouble if you do not come up with a sub-strategy when the creator goes down, since it's a nomi.

Alright, I'll think of one.

Now, I also suggest you drop DDCapsule as it's too unreliable (a simple giant trunade can cut off the precious card you're trying to get) and add, say, a beckoning light. That works okay in your deck, since you have some light monsters, and especially well after the creator hits the grave , since it goes back to your hand, thus not counting as a special summoning, and you can resume your strategy.
Chaos Sorcerer, however can prove a little hard to play with only 18 monsters and the costs for things like the creator's effect.

DDC is gone. Beckoning Light is in. I have Chaos Sorceror in there to remove Creator and Special Summon him with DDM. (since he can be special summoned removed from the game)

As for the rest, it seems good, any other required tunings will come to you as you duel with this deck.

Thank you very much.[/b]

Image Thanks CF!

99.5 of all Sigs have Stupid Statistics, and the Elite Four can delete all of them.

Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

hey everybody I have a question for all of you what do you think of the new darkworld cards from een I think they're awesome and i plan to make a deck with them but what do you guys think?

<center>

Last edited by um... on Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm not sure what cards you're talking about, do you mean the Dark World cards from Elemental Energy?

If so, well, they might be fun to use, some interesting combinations and all, but don't go competitive battling with a deck like that as of yet, wait until a future expansion that may bring some more dark world cards.

Although I like the broww-brron-siilva combination, it's not gonna win you duels by itself, even with the gateway and alikes. Actually, use this strategy too much and you'll end up losing by deck depletion, me says :wink:

Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:48 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

But I bet you guys have better decks. I'll just say I'm obselete. :?

I'm a big user of trap cards; I work wonders with 'em. :P

I love the look on my opponent's face when they realized they just walked right into a trap.

Too bad I almost never get to play against anybody...

Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:36 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Don't you guys think it is weird that Magician Decks have more traps than magic?

Image Thanks CF!

99.5 of all Sigs have Stupid Statistics, and the Elite Four can delete all of them.

Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, it's kinda funny. But you can pull some interesting combinations with those, though.

Actually, "magician magic" pretty much fails... take Dark Magic Attack for one. It was supposed to be Burst Stream of Destruction's... partner in crime. Well, it doesn't stand up to it the least, I think. Same goes for things like pitch-black powerstone based cards, spell counter cards, etc.
Exception goes to Diffusion Wave Motion, that one is wicked in a Dark Magician deck.

Now it's my turn: is it just me (and it seems that way) or is Emes the Infinity an absolutely 00ber card? I almost never see it being put to play though...

Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:45 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah, if you equip it with "Twin Swords Flashing Light-Tryce" he'll get to 3400 in a turn, of attack someone's life points with 2700.

It is just me or do you never see Riryoku? My cousin uses it, and he win using it all the time. And he wins.

Image Thanks CF!

Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:08 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, I'm starting to believe there is something about promos that makes them less played. And I don't mean rarity and high price.

Riryoku slightly bugs me though: that part of "increase its attack by the same amount", does that mean we halve one and double the other, or that we halve one and increase the other's attack by the amount equal to the halve removed? Meaning, for example, you halve a BEWD's attack (1500 removed) and have a vorse raider: is its attack increade by 950 (half of VR's attack), by 1900 (VR's attack doubled) or by 1500 (BEWD's removed amount)?

At any rate, it's pretty wicked as well, and best of all comes as a normal spell card instead of an equip one (which could bring about problems).

Oh, and Orre_Master and me seem to be getting the most posts in this thread, that kinda makes me proud... :D I'd really like to duel with you one day Orre_Master, but that seems rather impossible...

Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:26 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think it is by the attack of the monster halved. At least that's what they did in the show. I think.

Of course, we all know how relible the show is.

At least the new show is better.

Image Thanks CF!

Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i meant dark world srry and does can u decrease your pponents monsters attack with riyorko (or however you spell it)

<center>

Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It seems that way. The card says to halve "a monster's atk", it doesn't specify whether it has to be yours or not, so we all assume it can be any monster on the field, which greatly adds to the usefulness of the card.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Image Thanks CF!

Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The same reason all the pikachu franchise is going on out there and Pika sucks big time in the game.

The gods were given the spotlight in the anime, so it's only logical that they should receive an equal share of attention in the market.

They aren't even tournament legal, so yeah, it's kind of a rip-off, but no 8-year-olds play in Shonen Jumps or anything, so it's okay, I think.

From what I've seen of Warrior Triumph, you summed up its good aspects pretty well. Problem is, the rest is all quite mediocre. For example, Gilford, the main card, is baaaad. The best theme deck out there is still Zombie Madness, IMHO.

Well I would have to disagree with you there I think the best deck is the Dragon something deck I forgot what it is called, but the deck with the Red-eyes Darkness Dragon is better becuase it is already built as a good deck and in my Dragon deck it is powerful.

Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I disagree i think dragons aren't very good because the only ones with good effect require tributes

<center>

Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Dragons are okay, just not my favorite. I don't like the Structure Deck though. To many Magic/Traps.

Image Thanks CF!

Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

And, come to think of it, the number of other counters out there for dragons is insane.

Even though they're my favourite type, the structure deck was disappointing. Come on now, out of all the decent dragons out there, Red-Eyes Black Dragon?? WTF? Kaiser Glider, Armed Dragon lv 7, oh, what the heck, even BEWD!!

The zombie madness deck is amazingly well built, it can kick many customized decks' @$$ straight out of the box. The special summoning strategy is too good for words. And properly customized it can even go around things like CED and the long-forbidden (and dreaded) yata-lock.

Literally, you just gotta know how to play your cards right.

Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Or more like a Fenrir-Lock.

Image Thanks CF!

Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:44 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Blackwind wrote:
The same reason all the pikachu franchise is going on out there and Pika sucks big time in the game.

The gods were given the spotlight in the anime, so it's only logical that they should receive an equal share of attention in the market.

They aren't even tournament legal, so yeah, it's kind of a rip-off, but no 8-year-olds play in Shonen Jumps or anything, so it's okay, I think.

From what I've seen of Warrior Triumph, you summed up its good aspects pretty well. Problem is, the rest is all quite mediocre. For example, Gilford, the main card, is baaaad. The best theme deck out there is still Zombie Madness, IMHO.

Well I would have to disagree with you there I think the best deck is the Dragon something deck I forgot what it is called, but the deck with the Red-eyes Darkness Dragon is better becuase it is already built as a good deck and in my Dragon deck it is powerful.

I think the deck you mean is Dragon's Roar, I personally think that Fury of the Deep i sthe best one around.

Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Fenrr has the summoning problem. It's good for a water deck, while yata garasu could fit almost anywhere.

But yes, Fenrir can be used as a yata lock, that is, until gravity bind and imperial order come up. No legendary ocean and no attack. :wink:

Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:30 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

But, another thing about that is Yata goes to your hand every turn. If you don't draw him early in the duel you could run out of cards. Yata goes to your hand every turn, so unless you have cards on the field already, you could lose too. Fenrir allows you to play more monsters, and wipe out your opponent.

So, I guess they both have issues.

Image Thanks CF!

Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:10 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Here's the catch: if your opponent has any monster on the field, you will not, for the sake of your strategy, summon yata. You're supposed to summon yata when your opp. has a clear field, or at least without monsters. Regardless of going to your hand every turn, if your opponent has an empty field and can't rely on his hand (if he could, he wouldn't have an empty field anyway), his not being able to draw will never get him out of the situation. Summon ata every turn and slowly drain your opponent's LP's, that's the yata strategy. It's not easy to pull, and of course it has problems, but once you get it working there's no stopping it. With Fenrir, it's much easier to counter or even prevent the strategy from happening. It's actually a good thing that yata is so weak level and atk-wise.

But the biggest problem with Fenrir is the following: its effect resolves when it destroys a monster as a result of battle. HIGHLY unlikely with its atk score. Yata's effect resolves when it deals battle damage, much easier to keep going: if you keep destroying monsters with fenrir (please...), and cutting the opponent's draw, he'll eventually run out of monsters himself and there goes your effect. Then all he has to do is draw something as simple as a Gazelle, and buh-bye strategy. See the catch? With yata, since all he has to do is direct-attack you, activate a levia's effect, for instance, and apply the lock. Your opp. cannot draw, and since yata will never be prevented from dealing damage, its effect keeps going. That's why yata was banned and Fenrir wasn't.

But I agree with you in a way: both have problems, like any strategy, and when the strategy goes down, it goes down with a heck of a bang. That's why I never used it, not even when it was allowed.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I figure that since it is almost impossible to make a Creator Deck, I'm making a Drak World Deck with Creator in it.

Image Thanks CF!

Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It's not impossible I have a good Creator based deck.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:13 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Good point.

I figure that since it is almost impossible to make a Creator Deck, I'm making a Drak World Deck with Creator in it.

Image Thanks CF!

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next