It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
 Yu-Gi-Oh 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I don't know, there are some pretty convincing fakes.

Image Thanks CF!

99.5 of all Sigs have Stupid Statistics, and the Elite Four can delete all of them.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:01 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Actually, Multiply will be released at some point. Here's what it actually does:

Multiply
Quick-Play Spell

Tribute a face-up "Kuriboh" from your side of the field to Special Summon as many "Kuriboh Token"s (1 Star, DARK Fiend-Type, 300 ATK, 200 DEF) as possible to your side of the field in Defense Position. The "Kuriboh Token"s can't be Tributed for any reason.

It's just that the card game played in the manga and anime are different from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game in real life.

......Very different.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:07 am
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't know, there are some pretty convincing fakes.

when i got a yu-gi-oh game for GBA i got a skull dice and graceful dice
i thought they were ake because they look it but now i dont think they are

Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:28 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Actually, Multiply will be released at some point. Here's what it actually does:

Multiply
Quick-Play Spell

Tribute a face-up "Kuriboh" from your side of the field to Special Summon as many "Kuriboh Token"s (1 Star, DARK Fiend-Type, 300 ATK, 200 DEF) as possible to your side of the field in Defense Position. The "Kuriboh Token"s can't be Tributed for any reason.

It's just that the card game played in the manga and anime are different from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game in real life.

Well if I'm not mistaken that is not what they had to do in the show to use Multiply and if the card comes out it dosen't do that. Most fakes have the actual effect that the card has ( excluding Eygptian God Cards). You must have made that up becuase I have seen Japenese versions of the card from when I went to Japan. I know Japaniese and the actual effect is the following:

This card can only be played by Tributing a level 3 or lower monster on our side of the field. The tributed monster is then used as Tokens for every Time your opponents monster attacks your life points directly.( As in the show how it protected Celtic Guardian from being attacked it dosen't it only protects your life points) When this card is destroyed you gain life points equal to the level 3 or lower monsters attack.

That is the actual effect. Which ever one of you ordered a pack with FGD it is going to be a Japeniese version( which I found out FGD is only a Japeniese realese) or the FGD is going to be fake. As Orre_Master said alot of fakes can be convincing. Trust me there used to be this anime store by my house that had packs that sold all Holographic packs with Ultra Rare Yu-Gi-Oh pack I gave them all the fake tests I knew, it passed most of them but failed the Tests that proved they were clearly fake.

......Very different.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

In fact, every card that appears in the manga and/or in the anime will be released in real life at some point. There may be differences between the way the card works, as seen with Multiply, Mirage Knight, and Pyramid of Light. There's a very long list of cards that do something different in the anime/manga than in real life.

But anyway, if you see a card used, discarded, or shown in the manga or anime, count on its release sometime in the future. That includes such cards as Master of Dragon Soldier, F.G.D., the Legendary Dragons (Criteas, Hermos, and Timaeus), even the Fiend's Sanctuary card. I won't guarantee that you'll be able to use them, of course. Look at the God Cards. You can't use them, even though we now know, with the release of Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour, exactly what they do.

Hey, there's an idea. What's your favorite God Card? Obelisk the Tormentor, Slifer the Sky Dragon, or The Winged Dragon of Ra? In case you can't tell which is which, I'll post what they do:

Obelisk the Tormentor
Lv. 10 DIVINE Divine-Beast/Effect
4000/4000
You must offer 3 Tributes to Tribute Summon this card. When this card is Special Summoned, it is sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase. While this card is face-up on the Field, it cannot be targeted by Spells, Traps, or Monsters that designate a target. By offering 2 Monsters on your Field as Tributes, all Monsters on your opponent's Field are destroyed.

Slifer the Sky Dragon
X000/X000
You must offer 3 Tributes to Tribute Summon this card. The ATK and DEF of this card becomes the number of cards in your hand x 1000. When this card is Special Summoned, it is sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase. While this card is face-up on the Field, it cannot be targeted by Spells, Traps, or Monsters that designate a target. Additionally, when your opponent successfully Normal Summons or Flip Summons a Monster with 2000 DEF or less, destroy it.

The Winged Dragon of Ra
????/????
You must offer 3 Tributes to Tribute Summon this card. The ATK and DEF of this card becomes the sum of the respective ATK and DEF values of the Tributes. When this card is Special Summoned, it is sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase. While this card is face-up on the Field, it cannot be targeted by Spells, Traps, or Monsters that designate a target. When this card is successfully Special Summoned, you may activate one of the following effects:
--Pay 1000 Life Points to destroy one Monster on the Field and remove it from play.
--Pay all but 1 of your Life Points to increase the ATK and DEF of this card by the amount paid.

My favorite is Obelisk the Tormentor. Finally, if anyone wants spoilers on the memory arc, such as the Pharaoh's true name and the result of fusing the three gods together, PM me.

Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:57 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

In fact, every card that appears in the manga and/or in the anime will be released in real life at some point. There may be differences between the way the card works, as seen with Multiply, Mirage Knight, and Pyramid of Light. There's a very long list of cards that do something different in the anime/manga than in real life.

But anyway, if you see a card used, discarded, or shown in the manga or anime, count on its release sometime in the future. That includes such cards as Master of Dragon Soldier, F.G.D., the Legendary Dragons (Criteas, Hermos, and Timaeus), even the Fiend's Sanctuary card. I won't guarantee that you'll be able to use them, of course. Look at the God Cards. You can't use them, even though we now know, with the release of Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour, exactly what they do.

Hey, there's an idea. What's your favorite God Card? Obelisk the Tormentor, Slifer the Sky Dragon, or The Winged Dragon of Ra? In case you can't tell which is which, I'll post what they do:

Obelisk the Tormentor
4000/4000
You must offer 3 Tributes to Tribute Summon this card. When this card is Special Summoned, it is sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase. While this card is face-up on the Field, it cannot be targeted by Spells, Traps, or Monsters that designate a target. By offering 2 Monsters on your Field as Tributes, all Monsters on your opponent's Field are destroyed.

Slifer the Sky Dragon
X000/X000
You must offer 3 Tributes to Tribute Summon this card. The ATK and DEF of this card becomes the number of cards in your hand x 1000. When this card is Special Summoned, it is sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase. While this card is face-up on the Field, it cannot be targeted by Spells, Traps, or Monsters that designate a target. Additionally, when your opponent successfully Normal Summons or Flip Summons a Monster with 2000 DEF or less, destroy it.

The Winged Dragon of Ra
????/????
You must offer 3 Tributes to Tribute Summon this card. The ATK and DEF of this card becomes the sum of the respective ATK and DEF values of the Tributes. When this card is Special Summoned, it is sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase. While this card is face-up on the Field, it cannot be targeted by Spells, Traps, or Monsters that designate a target. When this card is successfully Special Summoned, you may activate one of the following effects:
--Pay 1000 Life Points to destroy one Monster on the Field and remove it from play.
--Pay all but 1 of your Life Points to increase the ATK and DEF of this card by the amount paid.

My favorite is Obelisk the Tormentor. Finally, if anyone wants spoilers on the memory arc, such as the Pharaoh's true name and the result of fusing the three gods together, PM me.

:( Very, very, very sad if you were any real Yu-Gi-Oh trading card game collector you would not that First the Eygptian God cards( the real versions) have no effects so you must have made them up or something becuase I paid 70 dollars so that Konami could send me a copy of a Real Slifer so I don't know were you got those effects from just like you made up Multiplys effect. There is a Fusion monster that is a Promo card that is what the Gods turn into it also has no effect just 9000atk 9000Def. As for the pharaoh everyone already know his real name is Yami and thay is no suprise. Those cards that you listed( the three dragons, FGD etc.) are already out just Promo cards that you can't use.Unlike the God the Three Dragons are all Promo's the only person who has them is Hiroshi Takemine the person who created this. I know this becuase I meet him at the Shoen Jump Regional Finals. Any other questions about FGD or any other show cards read this post. :(

To start a new discussion Slifer the Sky Dragon is my favorite god that is why I paid 70 bucks for him.

Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

:( Very, very, very sad if you were any real Yu-Gi-Oh trading card game collector you would not that First the Eygptian God cards( the real versions) have no effects so you must have made them up or something becuase I paid 70 dollars so that Konami could send me a copy of a Real Slifer so I don't know were you got those effects from just like you made up Multiplys effect. There is a Fusion monster that is a Promo card that is what the Gods turn into it also has no effect just 9000atk 9000Def. As for the pharaoh everyone already know his real name is Yami and thay is no suprise. Those cards that you listed( the three dragons, FGD etc.) are already out just Promo cards that you can't use.Unlike the God the Three Dragons are all Promo's the only person who has them is Hiroshi Takemine the person who created this. I know this becuase I meet him at the Shoen Jump Regional Finals. Any other questions about FGD or any other show cards read this post. :(

To start a new discussion Slifer the Sky Dragon is my favorite god that is why I paid 70 bucks for him.

You're the one who's sad, Latios. I didn't make anything up. I got those effects from the video games. True, the real life God Cards have no effects. I should know; I have all three. The Pharaoh's real name is not Yami. The F.G.D. and Legendary Dragon cards are not out yet, at least not in the U.S.A.

Now, stop making yourself look like a fool. You have something to say, then PM me. Otherwise, admit that you were being stupid and apologize.

Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:35 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Latios.... While you said everything right, you failed to say anything intelligent.

The gods do NOT have their effects written on the cards, yet you know how Slifer's or Ra's ATK and DEF are calculated, right? And why? Because it is universal information. All Waker of Chaos did was search official Yugioh sites and/or the anime series and put together a list of their hidden effects. What kind of Gods were they if they didn't have anything special??

As for the Pharaoh's name.... Yami is the name of Yugi's alter-ego, the Pharaoh's name is hidden, unknown, a mistey, concealed, forgotten, you get my point. I won't fill you in on his real name, PM Waker of Chaos and hope he bothers to reply (I wouldn't.)

Last edited by Blackwind on Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:43 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The Pharaoh's real name is revealed in the final series of Yu-Gi-Oh! Its also the key needed to fuse all three Egytpian God Cards into one, which happens in the final series

Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:45 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Actually, Blackwind, I didn't go to any Yu-Gi-Oh! sites at all. Thanks for backing me up, though. Also, The Angel of Darkness, you are correct.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:04 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sorry then, I was merely speculating, but anyway, all your information is correct (even some things I wasn't entirely sure about, as in if you could pay as many LP's as you wanted to increase Ra's atack, or if had to be all except one). So all in all, I am the one who has to thank you (and apologize, for that matter) :wink:

Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:07 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Latios wrote:

You're the one who's sad, Latios. I didn't make anything up. I got those effects from the video games. True, the real life God Cards have no effects. I should know; I have all three. The Pharaoh's real name is not Yami. The F.G.D. and Legendary Dragon cards are not out yet, at least not in the U.S.A.

Now, stop making yourself look like a fool. You have something to say, then PM me. Otherwise, admit that you were being stupid and apologize.

Who the hell would want a god card? They're just for ripping off 8 year olds so you can get their Cyber Dragons or DD Assailants. I personally traded Obelisk for 3 Cyber Steins ( They were reprinted in DB2 but I have still yet to pull one :o )
In other news I can't wait for Warrior's Triumph considering we get Decree, Lightening Vortex, DD Warrior Lady, Mystic Swordsman 2 & 4 (or is it silent swordsman? I need a confirmation on this) and a Ninja Grandmaster Sasuke.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:46 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The same reason all the pikachu franchise is going on out there and Pika sucks big time in the game.

The gods were given the spotlight in the anime, so it's only logical that they should receive an equal share of attention in the market.

They aren't even tournament legal, so yeah, it's kind of a rip-off, but no 8-year-olds play in Shonen Jumps or anything, so it's okay, I think.

From what I've seen of Warrior Triumph, you summed up its good aspects pretty well. Problem is, the rest is all quite mediocre. For example, Gilford, the main card, is baaaad. The best theme deck out there is still Zombie Madness, IMHO.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:21 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

My favorite God Card is Obelisk, mostly cause Kaiba likes him :P .

IMO Blaze of Destrution is the best:

1. The main card rules.
2. I like Burner Decks.
3. The main card rules.
4. Did I mention the main card rules?

Image Thanks CF!

99.5 of all Sigs have Stupid Statistics, and the Elite Four can delete all of them.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:50 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Infernal Flame Emperor isn't all that awesome... I think it's pretty weak actually.
It's okay in a Burn deck, but only a Fire one, for that matter (Mobius is a burner but an aqua one...). So its playability is awfully limited.
Also, 3 tributes for 2700 atk??? Excuse me, but Levia Dragon is like "lol" at this guy.
Also, it's a Nomi, like any other main card of theme decks, but that still hurts it.

A good use for it, maybe better than a simple Fire Burn deck, would be to, in combination with Skull Lair, "feed" Gren Maju da Eiza/Chaos Necromancer.

But I don't see it wreaking havoc in a Duel on its own...

Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:27 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Image Thanks CF!

Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh... sorry then. Yeah, the artwork is pretty good, but Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon still looks cooler I think. I mean, dragons do look cooler than anything else out there! :P

Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:47 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The God Cards are actually worth quite a bit, so if you trade or sell yours, make sure you get something good. For example, Obelisk the Tormentor for D. D. Assailant and a Super Rare Cyber Dragon is an even trade. So, Eswin, you really shouldn't say such things.

Blackwind, no apologies are necessary. I'm just glad that you backed me up. No one likes standing alone.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:19 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Image Thanks CF!

Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like Red Eyes Darkness Dragon. Put it this way, besides Vampire Genesis, he is the only nomi monster I would ever use in a deck.
But anyway, the real point of this post was to ask:
I am getting VERY tired and bored with my Cyber Stein OTK deck using a Cyber End Dragon and 3 Master of Oz (and megamorph).
Should Eswin try and build a:
A) Horus lock deck (using Royal Decree and Jinzo to protect Horus Lvl 8, I have horus lvl 4 & 6, I just need 8 )
B) A traditional format exodia deck ( I just need the pieces)utilising Butterfly Dagger Elma, Gearfried the Iron Knight and Royal Magic (or is it magical, can't be bothered checking) Library to draw my entire deck (lmao)
C)TOONS!( I have every toon Card that has been released in English except the crappy toon defense, I make a point of having every toon card though) You know the drill here, using a Toon SS and a Toon G Elf to waste your opponent's hand and batter them ( I need a ruling question answered. Could you Soul Exchange or Level Conversion lab for Blue Eyes Toon Dragon? If so, I'll use that too)
D) Insert non- Cookie Cutter Deck Idea here (aka suggest another deck Idea for Eswin to try out).
Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Eswin on Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:18 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It depends on your style of play, and the format in which you duel.

But I advise you to go for the tried-and-tested horus lock, if and only if you do drop the cyber dragon deck. As you probably witnessed yourself, there are less counters for the latter than any other you mentioned as alternatives, if only because the cyber dragon family is quite recent.

As for your toon question: I don't really know how level conversion lab works and I'm too lazy to look it up. Soul Exchange works, it just saves you the trouble of 2 tributes; summoning a toon is, unless specified, a normal summoning, even though it can only be performed with toon world active. I do believe you cannot use 2 soul exchanges and normal summon B-ETD without toon world, however. So my guess is Soul Exchange would work fine, but bear in mind that you still lose the battle phase for that turn.

Another deck suggestion?

Hm... I duel with a levia-dragon deck, pretty straightforward, call it an improved Fury from the Deep deck. Not all that many counters as of now, and you can insert sub-strategies without hurting the main one (example gravity bind + white magician pikeru + gift of the mystical elf). But honestly, all of your strategies seem more solid.

Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:33 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well everyone and their mother plays Cyber Dragon nowadays but the deck itself had NO cyber dragons (Nobody round here has them though we can get CRV :( ), just a Cyber End Dragon which was cybersteined all the time and normally attacked for victory. Warriors do seem interesting, considering I pulled Total Defense Shogun from Dark Beginnings 2 and Warrior returning alive, plus the warrior structure roxors.
However, Levia Dragon seems a bit crappy imo. I got fury from the deep for mobius and Tribe infecting virus.
Another idea:
E) MACHINES! Throw in a limiter removal, 2 cyber steins, Cyber End Dragon, Gatling Dragon, Fusilier Dragon TDMB, Cannon Soldier, Heavy Mech support platform and Jinzo. The possibilities are practically endless.

Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:11 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Levia Dragon can be put to use in a proper theme deck, but alone it sucks big time. And yeah, I got Fury from the Deep for Mobius and TIV too, burn decks still work in today's game.

But the beauty and magic behind this game (hm, I'm getting poetical...) is the ability of making decks around UU cards like BEWD and Daedalus work and get them to win you duels, not winning with Chaos Emperor Dragon, Cyber dragon or Vampire Lord, anyone can do that... Remeber Yata Lock decks? Boooooring....

The machine deck can work, provided you can get all the cards you stated (I, for one, can't), but I'm not sure how far it'll take you, with more and more people trying to counter cyber dragon, it's but a matter of time before they can put a global stop to machine-types, IMO.

At any rate, I think Horus , Cyber Dragon , Burn, Chaos Emperor Dragon (can't call it CED anymore because of cyber end dragon...) and Nephtys decks are the way to go for now. They may be boring, but are safe and solid. Or you can go for the less used exodia deck (defensive one) and hope you surprise your opponent.

Last edited by Blackwind on Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:22 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

MONSTERS: [18]
Tribute: [3]
[1] Chaos Sorcerer
[1] The Creator
[1] D.D.M.- Different Dimension Master

Non-Tribute: [15]
[1] Kaiser Sea Horse
[1] Mirage Dragon
[1] The Creator Incarnate*
[1] Sacred Crane
[1] Homunculus the Alchemic Being
[1] Spirit Reaper
[1] Wall of Illusion
[1] Rare Metal Dragon
[1] Pitch-Black Werewolf
[1] Opticlops
[1] Karate Man
[1] La Jinn the Mystical Genie of the Lamp
[1] Molten Zombie
[2] Yomi Ship

SPELLS: [15]
[1] Card Destruction
[1] Giant Trunade
[1] Heavy Storm*
[1] Mystical Space Typhoon
[1] Nobleman of Crossout
[1] Premature Burial
[1] Snatch Steal*
[1] Tribute to the Doomed
[1] Back to Square One
[1] Different Dimension Capsule
[1] Dian Keto the Cure Master
[1] Nobleman of Extermination
[1] Mass Driver
[1] Monster Gate
[1] Reasoning

TRAPS: [8]
[1] Call of the Haunted*
[1] Skull Lair
[1] Torrential Tribute*
[1] Rising Energy
[1] Sakuretsu Armor
[1] Raigeki Break
[1] Dimension Wall
[1] Fruits of Kozaky

Image Thanks CF!

Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hm, interesting, you ave some cards there I never expected to see in a deck nowadays, especially Reasoning and Rare Metal Dragon.

Opticlops can be switched with something a little more powerful, cards like Insect Knight or Luster Dragon are accessible already, and if you want to stick with the DARK attribute, then try going for the slightly more expensive Archfiend Soldier. Same goes for La Jinn.

The sacred crane and molten zombie are good for special summoning, as you know, especially making use of the creator's effect, but you'll be in trouble if you do not come up with a sub-strategy when the creator goes down, since it's a nomi.

Now, I also suggest you drop DDCapsule as it's too unreliable (a simple giant trunade can cut off the precious card you're trying to get) and add, say, a beckoning light. That works okay in your deck, since you have some light monsters, and especially well after the creator hits the grave , since it goes back to your hand, thus not counting as a special summoning, and you can resume your strategy.
Chaos Sorcerer, however can prove a little hard to play with only 18 monsters and the costs for things like the creator's effect.

As for the rest, it seems good, any other required tunings will come to you as you duel with this deck.

Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next