It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
 Pokemon Mystery Dungeon General Questions Thread 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:06 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

Hmmm ..I wanted the blue one! :( But its on DS not gameboy advance.... Oh well. But I'm considering buying the red one anyway. Is it worth it? I'm just worried it might be... well a bit young for people in late teens...
I need someone to sway my opinion on this :?

there is but 2 differences in the game, in red rescue team u can see feebas
plusle and in blue rescue team u can see magikarp and minun,U can catch them too! :D

Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:04 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

This game is very interesting. I'm happy that Nintendo is developing different kinds of games for Pok

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:09 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Galar, you should be happy. My starter is Charmander (now a Charizard) and I have to get through Stormy Sea, with 40 floors. I've tried multiple times, even with my Zapdos, but I can't do it! 99-floor dungeons must be a pain in the :censored:

Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

This game is very interesting. I'm happy that Nintendo is developing different kinds of games for Pok

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Post $
Hey where can i go to catch ponyta not one of those blue rescue only pokemon? oh and where u guys get those kool trainer cards

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:35 pm
Profile YIM
Illiterate
Illiterate

ponyta can be found in joyous tower 57F-59F.Also,if someone needs help,i can help them with this game.

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

umm just wondering can u defeat a legendary in mystery dungeon but not recruit it
then come back and battle it again :?: :?:

Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:08 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yeah. Usually when you first battle a legendary, it is impossible to recruit it (literally), so you have to go through the dungeon again later to try and recruit it.

Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:27 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Galar Ive got advice. When I went in with torchic. I had 3 things that helped. My Torchic knew Dig(Great against gravelers.2 my Pikachu knew kick-butt moves.and 3 my Absol knew Ice Beam.

Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:17 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

umm just wondering can u defeat a legendary in mystery dungeon but not recruit it
then come back and battle it again :?: :?:

Most of the lengendaries you have 2 fight twice,but some like celibi,you only have to fight once to get to join your rescue team.

Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

no i meant lets say that u just fought lugia
killed him but he didnt join u
can u do stormy sea again and see kyogren again or will he be dead
:?: :?:

Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:12 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

that way i can go fight lugia without any worries

Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i've finished the stormy sea but i still have'nt got the mail about buried relic can someone please help me:?

Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:48 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I haven't gone to Stormy Sea yet,but I did recieve the mail about Buried Relic. So...yeah. I don't know how, but I know I did! :)

Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I defeated Stormy Sea a long time ago (or so it seems) and I just got the Buried Relic information yesterday. It's probably random when you get it.

Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:50 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

no i actually found out i havent stored my mails :oops:

Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:57 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yay, I've finally beaten Groudon and Rayquaza!

ROFL, I accidentaly threw an Oran Berry at Rayquaza during the battle... and it recovered 100 HP. Fortunately my Totodile knew Ice Beam, and for some reason, my Hidden Power managed to be Super Effective against Rayquaza, so we took it down rather fast after my mistake. :P

And I thought I would have to leave my partner. :( I'm glad I'm still a Pok

Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:48 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Anyways, so there's this Luminous Cave where we can evolve... It says in my Summary my evolution is not possible now, so I'm assuming I need a Thunderstone. Does anybody know where I can find it? I don't want to be a Pikachu forever. :?

Lightning Field, 29F. If you don't know how to get it, beat Entei from Fiery Field. However, stupid me forgets how to get Fiery Field >_< Try checking a guide...
Quote:
And it seems I can only switch Leaders while I'm in a dungeon. So, if I want my Totodile to evolve, I'll have to go to a dungeon, change Leaders, then get out of there, leave my partner at their Friend Area and then go to Luminous Cave alone? Geez, isn't there an easier and faster way to change Leaders?

Er...you shuld be able to go to its friend area, recruit it, choose "Make Leader" and either go to your previous leader's Friend Area and decruit it or go back to your base and do it via the menu.

Quote:
Oh, and I can't get Altaria to join my Team, even after enabling its Friend Area at Wigglytuff's Club. :(

I think it has a no-recruit rate. Sadly, you'll have to get a Swablu and level it up.

-Gardevoir~

EDIT: No problem. If anything, I'm too eager to help.

Last edited by Rhapsody on Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:00 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

So I have to beat Entei first... :? I assume I have to finish Stormy Sea first, though.

Oh, so I just go to my partner's Friend Area... I see. Actually, I think I read that somewhere, but either I didn't get it or didn't pay enough attention. :P

I'm disappointed about Altaria, though. :(

Thanks for your help, Gardy~. Much appreciated. :)

Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:39 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Lol bad Galar, your post has a spoiler about the game's ending =p

You can't recruit Altaria, because evolved Pokemon can't be recruited. For each Pokemon species, you have to catch the lowest form and evolve it all the way up.

I don't think you have to go to the Stormy Sea first to get to the Lightning Field. Try getting the HM Surf from the 20th floor of the Solar Cave first. The next day, a Spinda should appear in Pokemon Square, and it'll talk about a Mirage Pokemon. Eventually you have to make your way past the Grand Canyon again to meet Xatu, and subsequently you will gain access to the Fiery Field, where you can meet Entei.

By the way, as a sidenote, there's no real need to evolve your main character. I kept "myself" as a Squirtle because I don't want it to become ugly. Instead, I caught an additional Squirtle and evolved that instead. That's because unlike in the standard Pokemon RPGs, evolution does not improve your stats.

Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:32 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

You can't recruit Altaria, because evolved Pokemon can't be recruited. For each Pokemon species, you have to catch the lowest form and evolve it all the way up.

Most can't. I.E., you cannot recruit Gengar because its recruit rate is < -33.9% which if you have the Lucario Rank, lv 90+ and have a Friend Bow equipped, the bonus (34%) will still give you a less than or equal to recruit rate of 0%. Obviously, there's no getting around that >_< But some like Feraligatr have a -33.9% recruit rate, which when you add all that in gives you an astounding 0.1% recruit. Wonderful, huh?

I wish I'd kept myself as a Treecko. However, Blaziken is better than Torchic IMO =).

-Gardevoir~

Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:41 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Heh, it says my Totodile's evolution is possible. And it's level 34 already. I'm evolving it to Croconaw. Then, 2 more levels and I can evolve it again! :D

I thought Croconaw Evolves at level 30.

Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:30 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

ROFL, I didn't realise there was a spoiler in there. :P Fortunately (not for me) it seems I'm far behind everyone else here.

I didn't know evolved forms couldn't be recruited. :? I was already all cheerful imagining myself going to Sky Tower and making new Friends...

I didn't know Stats didn't change when you evolved either. That's kinda good and kinda bad at the same time, I think. But I'll evolve my main character anyway, because I prefer Raichu to Pikachu.

Playing a game without a Walkthrough is rather tough. :? I though you always had to beat the "Go" Missions before advancing for the next Dungeons. But I think I'll grow my Pokémon to level 35 before starting out those other Dungeons.

And I've seen somewhere you can actually catch 391 Pokémon. I'm assuming those would be the traditional 386 plus Bonsly, Mime Jr., Weavile, Munchlax and Lucario, but there's a high possibility of that information being incorrect.

chadim wrote:
I thought Croconaw Evolves at level 30.

Hm, I think I forgot that too. Good for me, heh! :)

Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next