So Pokemon.com recently updated with the English release news, and with it, they released a map of the new Kalos region, based off of France. It looks very similar to the actual geography of France, with similarly located cities and landmarks.Map of the Kalos Region
Now, the only confirmed city so far is Lumiose City, the biggest city of the game. It has an Eiffel Tower-looking building in its center, at the junction of many roads, similar to the placement of the real life Arc de Triumph, and a river running through it, which seems to be La Seine.
There are also locations evident that were seen in the original trailer. The raised buildings and wind turbines can be seen in the top middle of the map, and what looks to be a giant tree, which the character was swinging on, looks like it might be in the bottom right corner.
As for the rest, for now we can only speculate. There are a number of interesting sites on the map, which all look promising. To name a few:
- The very top of the map looks like what will be the staring town; there are a few small houses and possibly the local professor's laboratory.
- The snowflake windmill: the town's gym?
- The eastern mountain looks like it holds a huge cave system, and the are some mineshaft entrances on the southern part of it.
- Is that... a giant purple hand popping out of the water?
- Lots and lots of manors and gardens. Something tells me that there will be more of these than towns, and gym leaders might be the heads of the manors.
- The tall building in the west is almost definitely the Pokemon League. It's a tall, ornate building, secluded from the rest of the map, and there's a cave right before it. Yep, that's almost definitely it.
Also, we can almost count on Fantina making a cameo in one of the cities, since after all, she is French, and maybe we'll get to find her hometown?
So what do you guys think of the map? Any places catch your eye? Any ideas on what each building might be?