It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 This is simply my opinion, but... 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Mystery Dungeon is probably one of the most underrated spinoff series out there(Though 2 is so far fairly superior to 1).

Honestly, I don't get the hate for this series, could someone explain it to me? I mean, Mystery Dungeon 2 actually has a STORY.

Again, this is all my opinion.

Tue May 20, 2008 8:30 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Probably because it's too complex for any non-intelligent person, and trying to figure out the system, they give up in frustration.

What they miss out on are several elements that RPGs embrace readily. From there it is personal opinion, but to form an opinion before playing it is ridiculous.

I love this series too. It's like Pokemon and Fire Emblem all in one. And PMD2 is only better in plot. Most everywhere else it's superseded by PMD1 in greatness.

Tue May 20, 2008 7:19 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well, from where I'm at, so far the only bad thing about 2 compared to 1 is that the Storage is LIMTED (wtf?!)

Other then that yeah, 2 has a better story, MUCH better character personalities, and more diverse environments, but that's just me.

Plus, 2 has more comedic value (Loudred and Chatot), but both games are great, really. :/

Wed May 21, 2008 10:44 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

The story and characters isn't much of a problem. I guess it could be because the gameplay gets kinda monotonous after a while, when trudging through all the dungeons with uncreative layouts takes its toll. It ain't a great game, but in no way is it bad either. That's my honest personal opinion.

Fri May 23, 2008 5:32 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I absolutely love PMD2. I like it far better than D/P, and you're right, it's the only pokemon game with a story. It's a shame that so many poke fans don't like it. I really hate the limited storage too.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:55 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Same Here. That game is SOOOO awesome. But the limited storsge is annoying. I wonder if it gets infinite when you get Master rank...

{blaziken} {empoleon}-Team Xebek

Sponsored by {pidgeot} {swellow} {staraptor}

Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]