Rush through as fast as possible 24%  24%  [ 12 ]
Slow and steady 29%  29%  [ 14 ]
Use just the starter 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Make a mixed team 43%  43%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 49

How do you play your game? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

When you first try to complete a game do you try and rush through it or try to take it slow and with a lot of detail. Also do you just train up your starter to make a single high level pokemon or develop a powerful mixed team?

You can use 2 votes 1 for length and 1 for battling, I expect their will be a correlation between rushing and using the starter or slow with a mixed team

Personally I like to do my game carefully and check round every corner

:D

Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:07 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I blazed through Diamond Version so I could catch Shaymin/Arceus/Darkrai via tickets, but I played Pearl Version "in-depth" and made sure I didn't miss anything. The weird thing is, I beat Pearl in less than a week, but it took me like 2 months to beat Diamond. I got Pearl first, so I guess I was kinda sick of the story by the time I got Diamond.

Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I always get to beat the Champion in about a week, because I play through the story hard-core, savoring nothing (fortunately there isn't much to savor, so I don't miss out on much). And that's regardless of whether I've played it through at least once or not.

The in-game team is always composed of 3 (in Diamond, 4) attackers. Not necessarily sweepers, but ones I use to wipe out the opposition mercilessly.
After I beat the champion I do the post-E4 events with the same in-game team. Once I raise those to ridiculously high levels I set about team building. Diamond was the first game I spent EV training ever, so it did give me something new to do and try out. (It's worked out well due to AR aid, as I just train on countless Sceptiles/Dragonites/Beautiflies etc. for sweeper EVs =P)

I battle every NPC trainer I can, to rake in as much experience as possible. It's only minorly tedious, and well worth it.

Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I rush through asap but make a good team and later take the good poke out of my game, transfer it to my friends, restart the game as slow as possible then claim my pokes back. For me pokemon games are boring unless your making a calculated team, ev trained, have good moves, holds perfect items and occasionally go for tournaments to kick hardcore :censored:

Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I take my time with my games to make sure I don't lose a single in-game battle. I guess that's why it took me a month to complete my Diamond version. But when I say that I take my time, I really mean it - and i use that time for training my Pokémon. Seriously - at the 3rd gym, my top Pokémon was level 60. :o

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:00 am
Illiterate
Illiterate

Well I Usually Just Like Rush Though Eveything And Just Try And Finish It I Pretty Much Used The Highest Lv Pokemon But I Always Used My Starter Pokemon But This Made Me Have A Few Probelems Finsishing My Sinnoh Pokemon Dex This Usually Happens To Me When I Usally Just Rush Through Everything I Rarely Do Deep In It And Nice And Slow I Only Did This With Ruby And Found Out My Pokemon Where Higher Lv And I Have Mroe Rare Items But I Usally Don't Care Becuase I Jsut Wanna Finsh My Pokedex I Have Never Completed My Natoinal Dex It Like Nearly Impossilbe But It Is Still Possible.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:38 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well...
I finish as fast as i can...
I leave two good pokémons i gonna use on daycare and
rush throug the game when...I go to the Elite 4 they are about 50-60...
I finished Diamond in 3 Days...
IMO That was the easier game of the series...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushin22
Watch,Comment,Rate and Enjoy! ^_^x

*Currently BUSY with real life,so i might take a while to respond messages or RMTs... Sorry,I might be back someday...*

Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:00 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I take my time to grab most of the items and pre-E4 legends. Up until my recent restart of FR, I generally kept 5 critters who were chosen more for early-game type coverage than anything else, and their levels would be about 5-10 below the gym leaders / E4. I fight every trainer I see, but I spread the XP around kinda thin. If I get Diamond (free boxes!), I'll use 3 sweepers and a wall, just to speedrun the game.

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:14 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hyperbole wrote:
- at the 3rd gym, my top Pokémon was level 60. :o

Woah!! that's a lot of training, how long did that take?

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:27 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I rush but also make a rounded team. I just switch Pokemon after every battle. This was necessary because I started with Turtwig, who isn't much of an in-game Pokemon, and I had to train Lucario/others to pick up Torterra's slack.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:02 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: The funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time!!
I've tried only using my starter, but I just can't do it!! I always train a back-up!!

8 D

Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't understand why you wouldn't use 6 pokemon, there's 6 spaces for a reason and your pokemon will have weaknesses, go fig. And one high levelled pokemon won't have any hurdles to conquer.

Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:43 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

DragonSpear wrote:
I rush through asap but make a good team and later take the good poke out of my game, transfer it to my friends, restart the game as slow as possible then claim my pokes back. For me pokemon games are boring unless your making a calculated team, ev trained, have good moves, holds perfect items and occasionally go for tournaments to kick hardcore :censored:

haha thats funny you say that, cuz i do the same exact thing, ill rush through it just so i can , than i normally xfer to another game or friends game than grabbed squirtle bulbasaur and charmander and played the game with those 3 starters, makes the game more enjoyable for me :)

By hammythepig
-by zombie

(Avatar by dragonvoid)

Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well for me I sprinted through the whole thing the second time I played it. Defeated the E4 with a newly evolved Garchomp and a Lvl 48 Starter. :lol:

Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I beat my Game in 2 days. I started October 18th 2007 & finished October 20th 2007.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]