It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:31 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 trading mewtwo from sapphire to emerald 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hi all!

I finally had the time to finish most of LG: beat the E4 twice, got the national dex, fixed celio's machine, got the 3 birds and mewtwo.

Was going to put mewtwo in emerald by trading it from LG to sapphire to Emerald. But the 2nd to 3rd step gave me a message of "trainer unable to trade right now" or something similar. i tried trading a normal and it worked fine.

Been reading the forum for a few hours, and the closest answer i found was from another post with a similar message when trading. The post said something about the pokemon being hacked.

Well, i caught mewtwo semi legally, since i am playing on my PC(meaning save states and 1 ultra ball). Does this make any difference?

Anyhoo, any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

To Moderators: if i'm posting an often asked question, i apologize. But i have been reading the forums and can't find anything on this.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:48 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I did the same thing but with FR. Have you tryed just trading it to emerald with out trading it to saphhire?

Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:50 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

As i understand it, you need to beat the E4 in emerald to be able to trade from LG to emerald, but you don't have to in sapphire.

And you don't have to beat the E4 when trading from sapphire to emerald.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:54 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Have you beaten the E4 in emerald and got the national dex? that could be it. This is a bit like my FR and LG , i have celios machine fixed on LG but not Fr so i cant trade my jirachi or anything to my FR since its a pokemon from a different region, a normal works fine though.

CaN YoU SeE ThE SecreT MessagE
~~~Flaming Aura Unknown~~~
Thanks !www.pokecharms.com!
http://www.myspace.com/ade_ade_ade_ade

Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Have you beaten the E4 in emerald and got the national dex? that could be it. This is a bit like my FR and LG , i have celios machine fixed on LG but not Fr so i cant trade my jirachi or anything to my FR since its a pokemon from a different region, a normal works fine though.

Well, here's the thing, i managed to trade mewtwo from LG to sapphire no prob. When i tried to trade mewtwo from sapphire to emerald, it won't allow me, but it allowed me to trade the starter from sapphire to emerald.

Now i know that there's plenty of psychic or legendaries that i can use instead of mewtwo. but i managed to pretty much use alakazam on all my battles in LG, including the E4 twice. However, alakazam has bad attack and defense stats being a psychic type, compared to mewtwo. That's why i'm kinda set on using mewtwo as my sole pokemon and see if i can survive emerald.

If i can't get mewtwo to emerald i guess i have to trade over my alakazam then.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:40 pm
Graphic Genius

you can trade any fr/lg pokemon to saphire/ruby you can only trade hoen pokemon from s/r to emerald before you beat the e4 in emerald

Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:15 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

you can trade any fr/lg pokemon to saphire/ruby you can only trade hoen pokemon from s/r to emerald before you beat the e4 in emerald

I managed to trade alakazam, which i believe is a kanto region pokemon, from sapphire to emerald. That means that its not necessary to beat the E4 in emerald like you were suggesting. But thanks for the input. :)

GAHH!! This is driving me nuts. i'll just stick with tried and true alakazam. Hoenn here i come! :D

Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:59 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

snobord wrote:

I managed to trade alakazam, which i believe is a kanto region pokemon, from sapphire to emerald. That means that its not necessary to beat the E4 in emerald like you were suggesting. But thanks for the input. :)

GAHH!! This is driving me nuts. i'll just stick with tried and true alakazam. Hoenn here i come! :D

Actually, Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam are in the Hoenn Dex (you can catch wild Abras in Hoenn), so that's why it worked. It's not the region they were originally found in that matters, but whether they're in the Hoenn Dex or not. And you most definitely need the National Dex in Emerald to trade any pokemon not in the Hoenn Dex to Emerald, regardless of what game you're trading from.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I see. Thanks to everyone who gave your input and advice and clearing this up. :D

Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:44 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]