It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 PMD training help... 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i want to train some low level Pokemon without using my level 71 meganium.... any suggestions which dungeons to go?

I want to train some low level grass types... from level 20 and below....

(note that I finished training a level 36 blastoise and level 31 crawdaunt using the Magma Cavern...)

I think Mt. Blaze and beyond would be too disadvantage for my grass types...

anyways... I just need help on suggestion training secessions in which dungeons.

also, what would be a good dungeon to train level 30+ ground types?
i think of Magma Cavern, but my pokemon doesn't know how to use earthquake or magnitude yet... @_@

if you have so much time, you can suggest elemental/type training specific dungeons...

Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:28 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Training Pokemon is an incredibly slow process in PMD, in my opinion.

Why don't you want to use your high level Pokemon to train lower level ones? That would work much faster. I personally use the Makuhita Dojo's Team Hydro and Team Rumblerock for training, especially the former. Team Hydro's enemies, the Poliwags, are relatively weak and won't pose a problem to lower level Pokemon, while the bosses can be blocked from your lower level Pokemon with a higher level Pokemon to take them out. The bosses also give good experience, with a minimum of 700 exp awarded each (if you use moves on them).

Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:37 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

And always try to use a move on them too. The Team Shifty (yes, there isn't an r) isn't that good for training though. Here's the guide on the 4 extra teams, and the exp they give (provided you always use an attack move):

Hydro: Underlings 76, Boss 2833
Constrictor: Underlings 198, Boss 1825
Rumblerock: Underlings 217, Boss 674
Shifty: Underlings 95, Boss 741

(The boss exp is the cumulative exp from all three enemies)
Personally I use Team Hydro, but it's all up to you.

- DNA

Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:08 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Training Pokemon is an incredibly slow process in PMD, in my opinion.

Why don't you want to use your high level Pokemon to train lower level ones? That would work much faster. I personally use the Makuhita Dojo's Team Hydro and Team Rumblerock for training, especially the former. Team Hydro's enemies, the Poliwags, are relatively weak and won't pose a problem to lower level Pokemon, while the bosses can be blocked from your lower level Pokemon with a higher level Pokemon to take them out. The bosses also give good experience, with a minimum of 700 exp awarded each (if you use moves on them).

because my highest pokemon is way too high compare to the others, and I think I overused that...XD (but is my fav pokemon...lol)

I also want to accomplish my "pokedex", so which is why I am training my Pokemon separately...

without bringing the high level pokemon, the 3 lower levels can gain exp progressively to reaches level...

(for example, I took my level 20 something crawphish and warturtle in Magma Cavern, after a bunch of trainings, they became level 31 and 36, evolved.)

Team Hydro? It is very risky because a hydro pump of them can ko my lower level pokemon....
note that in team hyro dungeon the 3 Pokemon are facing my 3 pokemon in a 1 vs 1 format vertically

to sorcerer DNA,
I am not that stupid, I always try to have my training pokemon fill with offensive attacks so that after I used up one, i can use another...

For example of a squirtle... Tackle, Bite, Water Gun, and protect... about 75% attacks that I can gain exp on.

Note that I have a level 45 Charizard with heat wave... "maybe" i can train that for some heat waving trainings, but some day it would be overdone...XD

P.S. I still need to train some team for lightning field and northwind field

Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:44 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Team Hydro? It is very risky because a hydro pump of them can ko my lower level pokemon....
note that in team hyro dungeon the 3 Pokemon are facing my 3 pokemon in a 1 vs 1 format vertically

On your first turn, move your lead Pokemon, aka your most powerful Pokemon, up one step. All three enemy Pokemon will focus on you. Alternatively, set your other Pokemon's Tactics such that they will run away from the enemy. I find that works for me.

Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

you really might want to consider training your meganium up still. to complete the "pokedex", some pokemon can only be recruited if your main pokemon is level 90 or above (some of these can be obtained through evolution, but not all - especially kecleon).

i found a trick that let me take any 3 pokes through team hydro. teach all three frustration four times and then link them all up. so they each have a move which will effectively do 180 damage. this is enough to take out the bosses. just stay put on the first turn. the team hydro will come at you. then you kill the one in the middle and your partners will kill the other two (provided you have exclusive move user set). after they are high enough to level up, start on a new one. every now and then you will need to take mr mime into a dungeon to recycle the frustration TMs for further use.

its pretty a boring technique, but then again the levelling/evolving process is so boring in MD its not funny :( theres no way i will get MD2 unless something is done about that. i dont want to catch all 493 if it is as painstaking as before. maybe i would get it if you could migrate from MD1.

Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

you really might want to consider training your meganium up still. to complete the "pokedex", some pokemon can only be recruited if your main pokemon is level 90 or above (some of these can be obtained through evolution, but not all - especially kecleon).

i found a trick that let me take any 3 pokes through team hydro. teach all three frustration four times and then link them all up. so they each have a move which will effectively do 180 damage. this is enough to take out the bosses. just stay put on the first turn. the team hydro will come at you. then you kill the one in the middle and your partners will kill the other two (provided you have exclusive move user set). after they are high enough to level up, start on a new one. every now and then you will need to take mr mime into a dungeon to recycle the frustration TMs for further use.

its pretty a boring technique, but then again the levelling/evolving process is so boring in MD its not funny :( theres no way i will get MD2 unless something is done about that. i dont want to catch all 493 if it is as painstaking as before. maybe i would get it if you could migrate from MD1.

Cuddles...
I have a brilliant idea...

take your strongest pokemon, with 2 weak pokemon and do dozens of joy seed missions...

try to achieve 999 joy seeds... XD (I have 100+ myself from all those crazy adventures, but hey, I might reach 1000 adventures eventually)

make sure is joy seeds at a time

I hope joy seed would be in PMD2

Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:26 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Possible, but then again I don't re-use Wonder Mail codes over and over to get the same items, since that is somewhat cheap imo. But it isn't illegal compared to cheating and using generated codes, so do whatever floats your boat =p

Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:26 am
PROBATION
PROBATION

If u have articuno ,try using it with weak pokemon on team hydro

Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:15 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

this topic is quite old... but i have something new
my meganium is now level 98 or something.... all those repetitive 30k exp is getting me somewhere.
my charizard is level 83 and I am consistently using it to train my other Pokemon in solar cave...

Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:31 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]