It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:51 pm



Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Lv 1 dungeons [PMD] 
Author Message
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:50 pm
Posts: 92
Location: Looks like I'm gonna crash land on Planet Earth! Uh-oh! 99999999999 Psybucks
Well, I'm really pleased about finally completing Wish Cave this morning, with only a warp scarf to help me, and beating Jirachi with a lv 2 Alakazam :lol: .
So, I was wondering, how many people have done any lv 1 dungeons?

_________________
I am a... Er... Mooxy fan!
The story of Kecleon!
viewtopic.php?t=12853
=DImageImage


Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:05 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:23 pm
Posts: 899
Post 
lots of people have. ive done them all.

well done for beating jirachi. how did you do it? its got more than 300hp, and i cant imagine alakazams attacks doing much damage! did you use frustration?

_________________
everything you will ever need to know is in my sig.


Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:00 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 8
Location: calgary, alberta
Post 
it cant be frustrations because he wuold be like lv 10 at the end

i should know

_________________
Image


Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:10 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:23 pm
Posts: 899
Post 
rahul wrote:
it cant be frustrations because he wuold be like lv 10 at the end

i should know


it really depends. when i use kingdra it only gets to about level 15-18, and it only takes kingdra 30 points to go up the first few levels. alakazam takes a few hundred to get to level 2. and it just gets slower after that. he also had a warp scarf, so there would be hardly any fights to give it exp points. dont say "i should know" because you dont really know what mooxy did. you might turn out to be right, but that doesnt mean much. i was asking the question because i was just wondering what alakazam did to beat jirachi. jirachi is steel/psychic and both types resist alakazams psychic type attacks which would make it hard to blast away at more than 300hp. im still curious.

_________________
everything you will ever need to know is in my sig.


Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:31 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:50 pm
Posts: 92
Location: Looks like I'm gonna crash land on Planet Earth! Uh-oh! 99999999999 Psybucks
Post 
Well, I just threw loads of gravelrocks at Jirachi, and when I got to low health, I threw a tooter seed at Jirachi, and ate an oran berry. When it recovered from confusion I lowered its accuracy loads with Kinesis. It kept using double edge, which did about 20 on me, and 43 recoil on him (lol!)

I'm still amazed at how I did it...

_________________
I am a... Er... Mooxy fan!
The story of Kecleon!
viewtopic.php?t=12853
=DImageImage


Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:50 pm
Posts: 92
Location: Looks like I'm gonna crash land on Planet Earth! Uh-oh! 99999999999 Psybucks
Post 
mooxy wrote:
I threw a tooter seed at Jirachi


Blimey... A TOOTER seed! Sorry, but this just made me crack up when I saw it!

_________________
I am a... Er... Mooxy fan!
The story of Kecleon!
viewtopic.php?t=12853
=DImageImage


Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:05 am
Posts: 154
Location: Tell ya when You'r worthy enouf heh.
Post 
I finshed wish cave With A lvl 8 Alakazam.I Linked 2 Frustrions.It kepy on using that dum A Attack and I somewhat survived.It toke me 3 frined rescues to finsish Purity forest and none for wish cave im gonna try jouese Tower is it hard?

_________________
Image


Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:59 am
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:03 am
Posts: 3835
Location: Singapore
Post 
Not as hard as Purity Forest, of course. The standard tactics to survive the dungeon still applies.

However, unlike Purity Forest and the other level 1 dungeons you don't actually have to complete Joyous Tower, because there's nothing at the end of the 99 floors I believe. The main point of the dungeon is for you to recruit rare Pokemon like Eevees, some starters, Chanseys, etc. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

_________________
ImageImage


Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:17 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:23 pm
Posts: 899
Post 
no, thats right snowball. in fact i have never gone all the way through joyous tower. maybe i should. the furthest i have bothered is level 55 or so - whichever is furthest out of the chansey levels (not 77) and the ponyta levels. i think ill give it a try just to see whats there. not that anything is.....

_________________
everything you will ever need to know is in my sig.


Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:04 pm
Profile
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:37 pm
Posts: 3162
Location: clegavel
Post 
Dang I hate Joyous Tower, and all the lvl 1 dungeons. The upshot to Wish Cave and the Tower is you get to bring items, but with the forest you have to start from "absolute scratch", if you get my drift. I don't like Joyous Tower because I try to recruit starters using a Friend Bow, and I usually don't get them, but when I do get them I usually lose them (exc. Treecko and Spinda hooray!) because I try to get another! Dang...I should have used the Escape Orb. Working on Purity Forest with that Wondermail Generator thing...I died 3 times and I'm waiting to start up from 83F...Celebi you will be mine! *Maniacal laugh*

*EDIT: Finished Purity Forest, finally. Chansey and Ponyta are I believe the hardest Pokemon to get besides Celebi. - Actually Celebi might be easier because with Celebi you just have to get there, but the others you have to hope you get one.
Chansey is on floors 50, 55 and 77 of Joyous Tower.
Ponyta is on (I think) floors 73-75, or 83-85 of Joyous Tower. (It was 83-85 on Purity Forest but I don't know. Editing this when I find out.)

*EDIT2: Some person used the Frustration trick with Kingdra and Kyogre to complete Wish Cave. I looked at Kingdra's lvl 1 stats and they were awful. I decided to look for another Pokemon with Swift Swim or Chlorophyll (to use with Groudon). I was between Lombre and Nuzleaf. I chose Lombre because of his quick level up rate (almost as fast as Kingdra's, and great stats besides). I only died twice but they were both monster houses. I linked all four of my Frustrations together on 99F and killed Jirachi in one hit. I chose "something good" as my wish, and Bellossom joined my team. This wasn't good for me because Bellossom can't learn Acid and other useful moves that Gloom learns, and it was lvl 1. So I released it, now the next time I go in Jirachi is mine, then I'll have recruited all the legendaries.

_________________


Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:45 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:05 am
Posts: 974
Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
Post 
To recruit Jirachi do you beat him withought a wish stone?

_________________
Image
Reaching out to Pokemon and MegaMan fans alike, join today!
One of the few Pokemon musics most people agree is excellent


Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:22 am
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:03 am
Posts: 3835
Location: Singapore
Post 
If I'm not wrong you need the Wish Stone to recruit him or for him to grant you a wish. I tried defeating him once without the Wish Stone and he just went back to sleep.

_________________
ImageImage


Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:50 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:50 pm
Posts: 92
Location: Looks like I'm gonna crash land on Planet Earth! Uh-oh! 99999999999 Psybucks
Post 
Yeah, when you beat it, it has a 99.9% chance of joining. If you say no, and you have the Wish Stone, Jirachi will grant you a wish. If you don't have the Wish Stone, he'll just go back to sleep. If you do let him join, guess what'll happen... Yep, just the same as any other pokemon. He can't even grant wishes in his friend area...

_________________
I am a... Er... Mooxy fan!
The story of Kecleon!
viewtopic.php?t=12853
=DImageImage


Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:41 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:23 pm
Posts: 899
Post 
sN0wBaLL wrote:
If I'm not wrong you need the Wish Stone to recruit him or for him to grant you a wish. I tried defeating him once without the Wish Stone and he just went back to sleep.


you dont need the wish stone to recruit jirachi. did you have too many team members? or a large pokemon with you? otherwise, maybe you got "lucky" with the supposed 0.1% chance that it wont join you. maybe you should buy a lotery ticket, or try and recruit a kecleon! ;)

_________________
everything you will ever need to know is in my sig.


Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:09 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:50 pm
Posts: 92
Location: Looks like I'm gonna crash land on Planet Earth! Uh-oh! 99999999999 Psybucks
Post 
Yay! I just did Purity Forest, and only had to get rescued 6 times!

_________________
I am a... Er... Mooxy fan!
The story of Kecleon!
viewtopic.php?t=12853
=DImageImage


Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:29 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:37 pm
Posts: 3162
Location: clegavel
Post 
mooxy wrote:
Yay! I just did Purity Forest, and only had to get rescued 6 times!


Nice. I only needed help 4 times...

And no, you don't need the Wish Stone for recruiting Jirachi! I went there myself w/o the Wish Stone but there was a Link Cable on B50F. That shows that the Wish Stone will be there only if you don't have one at all, storage or otherwise.
Happy wishing! (or recruiting, that's better actually)

- DNA

_________________


Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:58 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:31 pm
Posts: 892
Location: In your kitchen, holding a knife. And it's not for the vegetables...
SorcererDNA wrote:
mooxy wrote:
Yay! I just did Purity Forest, and only had to get rescued 6 times!


Nice. I only needed help 4 times...

And no, you don't need the Wish Stone for recruiting Jirachi! I went there myself w/o the Wish Stone but there was a Link Cable on B50F. That shows that the Wish Stone will be there only if you don't have one at all, storage or otherwise.
Happy wishing! (or recruiting, that's better actually)

- DNA

Nice, but I only died 3 times in purity forest!

_________________
ImageImageImage
Join DarkCosmos today! Trust me, it's worth it!


Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:01 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:11 pm
Posts: 250
Location: Somewhere away from volcanoes
Post 
Are we comparing how many times we died in purity forest? because I lose...

and um... what is a good pokemon for Joyous tower? my Electrode keep on fainting... I use him because sonic boom works like rock if I am recruiting poke with less than 55hp

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:00 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:08 pm
Posts: 417
Location: The funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time!!
Post 
I haven't made it to the end of wish cave yet, but I think i know what happens from reading this. You battle jirachi, then it will either join you, grant you a wish, or if you are unlucky, it'll do nothing?
If it grants you a wish, can you go through again, and THEN recruit it?

_________________
INVISIBLE TEXT!! Can you see the invisible text!?! I think not!!
Unless you can... that'd suck!! For me..!!


8 D


Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:19 am
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:03 am
Posts: 3835
Location: Singapore
Post 
Yes, you can get it to grant you as many wishes as you want, then recruit it. Unforunately you have to go through all 99 levels all over again each time you return to find it.

_________________
ImageImage


Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:05 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:08 pm
Posts: 417
Location: The funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time!!
Post 
that makes sense

_________________
INVISIBLE TEXT!! Can you see the invisible text!?! I think not!!
Unless you can... that'd suck!! For me..!!


8 D


Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:20 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:35 am
Posts: 5
Location: My Cardboard Box!
Speaking of Purity, if someone rescues me, I'll be able 2 do it with being rescued only once. I'm SOOOOOO CLOSE! Floor 90! With a Blastoise!

Please please please please PLEASE rescue me!!!!!
If ANYONE decides to rescue me, the code is:

T-?7T (F)Y0WJ??? 119?M
?W??? ?414+?6? ?R7P?
??S?! K-??0W?? ?4RPN

I will be ever greatful for a rescue.
Omi.


Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:58 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:23 pm
Posts: 899
Omicron888 wrote:
Speaking of Purity, if someone rescues me, I'll be able 2 do it with being rescued only once. I'm SOOOOOO CLOSE! Floor 90! With a Blastoise!

Please please please please PLEASE rescue me!!!!!
If ANYONE decides to rescue me, the code is:

T-?7T (F)Y0WJ??? 119?M
?W??? ?414+?6? ?R7P?
??S?! K-??0W?? ?4RPN

I will be ever greatful for a rescue.
Omi.


wow!!!!! thats good work getting to level 90. if you can get there you can go all the way. i dont have time to personally rescue you, but here is a code from an a-ok generator on the web:

T-?-T %XRWJ??X T19?M
?WC?% ?424+?67 ?R7P?
?.S?! K-??0W3? ?4RPN

% is the female sign, and . is for ... the generator can be found here:

http://www.upokecenter.com/games/dungeo ... osmail.php

good luck with the last 10 levels! oh, and what is your strategy with blastoise? do you have a warp scarf?

_________________
everything you will ever need to know is in my sig.


Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:01 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:35 am
Posts: 5
Location: My Cardboard Box!
Post 
Thank very much. you have my sincere regards.

My strategy was to go in with 3 (yes, 3,) pokemon (Blastoise, mew and mewtwo) and do it like that. I got a pass scarf floor 69, and my teammates died in a monster house. I'm SOOOOOOOOO pleased.
Thanks Buddy!
Omi.

Note. I screwed it up by accidentally stealing from a kecleon shop.
(A pokemon threw a warp seed at me when i had brought some stuff.)
So I'm dead!


Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:27 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.