It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 throwdowns 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ok guys, i know it wouldnt be a pokemon game if it wasnt REALLY frustrating at times, but i feel like mystery dungeon takes the cake. i want to hear what things have TOTALLY annoyed you about the game. things that shouldnt be. things which have just about made you throw your DS/GB across the room.

a couple that spring to my mind.

1) going through to level 92 of buried relic (without finding mew yet) and not being able to defeat a haunter because it is in a wall. and fainting. then turn it off in anger. and realise the quicksave data will be destryed, and i lose lots of money, items (including music box).

2) losing hm dive for similar reasons. i did the same thing with a friend bow once, but luckily i got another one.

3) not realising one of the enemies has picked up a pass scarf, and you OHKO yourself.

4) leading gegnar through murky cave with him repeatedly falling into pitfall traps because his iq is so low.

admittedly, all you need to do is get your level an iq up a long way to be able to handle most things the game can throw at you. but until that happens, there can be some seriously annoying things. like falling asleep, getting confused and killing your entire team, etc.....

anyone else???

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:13 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I have a bad time with HMs. I've accidently losdt my HM Dive through losing in a dungeon, and I've accidently sold my HM Surf.

Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

here's another one. i thought id try and catch suicune, and i took my magikarp to try and level it up. i climbed a staircase and got into on of those situations where magikarp was next to a delcatty, but if i switched places it would have got next to another delcatty. so i killed the one i was next to, and the other one used double slap, and killed him 5 times!!! and it used up all my reviver seeds (all 4). then on level 29 after i had picked up 4 water stones, a politoed used perish song and i died before i realised what was going on. and yep, i lost another friend bow. :evil:

Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:17 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I've gone through all 99 floors of the Buried Relic with the Music Box at least 5 times and haven't seen Mew once.

-Gardevoir~

Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

man thats heaps! i died at level 92 first time i went through. but second time i found {mew} at around level 60 something. it was asleep - it joined me straight away. in the same dungeon yesterday i finally caught {regice}. i used an escape orb while i was still on the 25th floor (the wierd floor where regice is found. but it said something like "a mysterious power prevented it from working", and not only did i not escape, but i lost the orb. somehow i made it to the end even though i only had two apples (normal, not huge) with me, and i didnt find any escape orbs - im sure ive seen them in there once or twice before. luckily i found a mobile scarf to help against the ghosts.

at the moment, im having heaps of trouble finding {exeggcute} though - i have one and have seen two others, but they got away. i hope {chansey} isnt so rare - does anyone know about this?

Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:54 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Exeggcutes!!?? I thought you can find them in Tiny Woods?

Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:06 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Cuddles: On floors with Legendaries as "bosses", you can't escape.

Bird Trainer: No Pokemon recruitment can take place in Tiny Woods, hence you can't get Exeggcute from there.

Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:04 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

thats right snowball. thats why its so frustrating!! {exeggcute} infest tiny woods, the easiest of all dungeons, yet you cant recruit them there. only on level 15 of howling forest!!!! at least with things like {snorlax} {magikarp} {feebas} there are a few levels to find them. sometimes i spend ages on level 15, never see a single one, and then get the "something's approaching" warning and it was all a waste of time. (except that you can usually get some gummies while youre there)

Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I also have a Mew problem. I've been through it's place about 3 times, and here's what happened: In a Monster House, a Mew fell. I knocked it out, and it didn't join me, then I got KO'ed from the other Pokémon, namely Screech. I lost, I still had two Luminous Orbs. I had a Mission that needed me to deliver one, and the reward was a Friend Area. I delivered it, and it turns out that the Friend Area wasn't Dragon Cave, as I expected, but Mt. Moonview, which I already have! Luckily, the next day, Pelipper gave me a mission that gave me Dragon Cave. I also got two Bagons, two Dratinis, and two Totodiles already!

Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The most annoying thing that I can think up right now is the Shuppets in the Sky Tower. thats all the farther I have gotton because I let my friend play, and he just couldn't listen to me and tried to fight the aerodactyl at two health left, instead of throwing steel spikes at it.

And now I feel dumb because I spent a couple hours yesterday trying to recruit pokemon in Tiny Woods :twisted:

Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]