It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Colosseum legendary dogs - natures 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i am wanting to try and catch the three dogs in colosseum with the natures of my choice. (eg timid {raikou} etc) i have organised a plan, but thought i should check if anyone knows whether it will work or not.

the plan is based on the fact that if, for example, you want to get a modest {rayquaza} (in emerald) you can save before facing it and then catch it with a master ball. if its not the right nature then you just turn it off and try again. you just have to keep persisting until you get it right.

i have two questions:

1) if i catch one of the dogs when i first see it, and then turn it off again, will it (possibly) have a different nature?

2) if i deliberately knock the dogs out so that i can catch them at the end with (cloned) masterballs will their nature be the same as it was when i knocked them out? or will it change?

i guess an answer to the second question for any shadow pokemon is fine as im sure it will be the same for all of the pokemon. it would be ideal to wait until the end to avoid lengthy battles, and heaps of ultra balls, only to discover that the nature is wrong..... again......

did anyone else work out a good way to get the ideal nature for their dogs? maybe just playing FR/LG three times??

Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yes the natures do change each time you battle it, I tested in XD to get a Modest Ampharos and Adamant Mightyena..

I can't quite understand what you mean exactly for #1, When you catch it, it's nature is determined, so it'll change each time you catch it (This does not apply to FRLG though), just it's very hard to tell what it's nature is right after you catch it....

2: I believe it'll change like it normally was in the beginning, though i'm not entirely sure, someone else may have to answer this...

The fastest way may be to save before battling it, use a master ball to catch it and use a Time Flute to purify it and then check it's nature..

Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

what i was saying in question 1 was this. say i knock out suicune and it happened to be calm. then, at the end of the game, will the suicune that appears again be calm every time i try and snag it? hopefully not, so i can use the masterball and time flute as you suggested...

the reason i asked that question is that in RSE if you see lati@s and knock down its health a little it will be at the same health next time. this suggests that it will be an identical pokemon once you have seen it (unless you turn it off), including the nature...

and just to clarify, are you saying that even if you recatch say a {mewtwo} in FR/LG it will always have the same nature?

Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

thanks for your answer raichulatias.

what i was saying in question 1 was this. say i knock out suicune and it happened to be calm. then, at the end of the game, will the suicune that appears again be calm every time i try and snag it? hopefully not, so i can use the masterball and time flute as you suggested...

I'm not really sure to be honest, It should be a different nature each time you battle it, but i'm not sure...perhaps i'll test later if I get the chance..

Cuddles wrote:
the reason i asked that question is that in RSE if you see lati@s and knock down its health a little it will be at the same health next time. this suggests that it will be an identical pokemon once you have seen it (unless you turn it off), including the nature...

Yeah, when you look at the TV, the game gives you a random DV, Nature etc. for Latios or Latias, I believe it does it the same in FRLG for the dogs when you defeat the E4, or when you first encounter the dog..

Cuddles wrote:
and just to clarify, are you saying that even if you recatch say a {mewtwo} in FR/LG it will always have the same nature?

No, pokemon like that will change each time you battle them, the run aways (Latios, Latias and Suicune, Entei, Raikou) However stay the same nature after you awaken them... I believe you may understand what I already said before.. When I said it doesn't apply in FRLG, I meant the Dogs in there, not every pokemon.. Sorry for the confusion..

Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

thanks again RL. i understand completely. ill post again if i find out anything concrete about the dogs in colosseum.

i didnt realise the tv sets the lati@s stats up - im pretty lucky to have a timid {latios} then, although its DVs arent really very good.......

Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

well, im playing through colosseum again......

i have another question - hopefully someone has already tried this.

if a pokemon with synchronise is in the lead spot does it make it more likely for a colosseum "wild" (ie shadow) pokemon to have the same nature? (like in emerald)

im guessing the answer is "no" but has someone checked this already?

Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:05 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ok, the answer is that once you have knocked out the dogs once, their nature and stats are fixed every time you see them again. it looks like the only way is to catch them when you first see them (without the masterball!) over and over again until you get what you want. i cant see myself doing that though.....

still my time wasnt completely wasted since i now have a masterball to clone. (i'd used all my others up before i heard about cloning.)

Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]