It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 The one good thing about my Internal Battery dying is, 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My Pokerus will never run out, leading me to raise some seriously powerful Pokemon, and it never hurts to have on my Legendaries either, lol.

Shame that Mirage Island will never appear, but I can live with that.

And so they lived and so they died.
Fallen, shattered, by God denied."

Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:46 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Has that been confirmed, that Mirage Island cannot appear?

The alternate hypothesis is that the number stays fixed, meaning that you will eventually get there.
Too bad there is no real confirmation, as the chances are close to zero.

There are other problems with the battery dying -
1.) No Specials from the television (Emerald)
2.) No berry growth
3.) No new berries to be given to you.
4.) Stuck in high-tide (at least, the two games I had with dead batteries were stuck with high tide, meaning no Snorunt).

Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:31 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm not sure of it myself, but I assume that it won't appear, since it's been around four years since my Internal Battery died and I still haven't seen it.

I never really cared about getting berries, since I never use them outside of the Berry Blender, and I don't even do that anymore since I've beaten all the contests and gotten my Pokemon painted at the Museum.

My only concern is since encountering a Shiny Pokemon is random and rare, and depends on if the secret ID matches your trainer ID and whatnot, since time has stopped in the game, would that affect the ID generator?

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Like Peanut-Lover said, because the battery is dead, the value for Mirage Island should be constant, where it would change everyday otherwise. From my understanding, Mirage Island will appear if the player is holding a pokemon who's value, which will always be constant for that pokemon, matches the island's value. If you haven't seen it in the four years since your battery died, it's not because your battery is dead, it's because you haven't shown the NPC the correct pokemon. Logically, your chances of finding Mirage Island should be higher now, because that value is constant. It's like finding a Feebas in the third and fourth generations. In Hoenn, Feebas was easier to find because the spots that it could be found in were relatively constant, but in Sinnoh, the spots changed every day, so you may need to start over if you take too long to find one. It's the same basic principle, but scaled up. This is all theoretical, however, as I have never been to Mirage Island myself, and I gave up on it years ago, so I cannot confirm that this is true, but it is logical according to what I know about it.

As for the chances of finding a shiny pokemon, shininess is determined by a value that's generated when a pokemon is created by the game, much like IVs. Time has no affect on this; if it did, then you would always find the exact same pokemon (including IVs, level, and so on) every time you entered an area, if you could find one at all. Instead, everything about a pokemon at it's creation is determined by a random number generator, so you don't need to worry about your chances of finding a shiny decreasing at all.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:11 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yeah, once I looked at my second question, I realized how stupid it was, lol. I should have remembered the other games that don't have the clock battery that I've got Shiny Pokemon on, but my brain zoned out on me at the moment.

Though I do wonder about using a Shiny Pokemon when Shiny Hunting. I sometimes wonder if the random value generator for Shinies is reset every time you see a Shiny Pokemon, like your own when you use it in battle.

That's just something that rears its head in my mind from time to time, and won't stop.

Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

is there anyway to get the battery fixed because unlike some of you I still have to beat the master tank I. contest but I need berries for that, also I just caught fee as soooo yeah

Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:13 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

This guide for GSC also works with fixing the clock for RSE:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11652

You might have to restart your game before the clock starts back up, though. :/

Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
Thanks for posting the great discussion.
I have enjoyed with your posts.

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]