It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:00 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Do you wish for a remake of Ruby,Sapphire,Emerald in Gen 6? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Now that it has reached Gen 6 which is available in a new platform, the 3DS, do you guys think or wished that there would be a remake of Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald for the 3DS? Looking at past examples, Red, Blue, Yellow has been remade in Gen 3 for the Gameboy Advance platform. Gold, Silver had also been remade in Gen 4 for the DS platform. So, do you think that Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald will be given the same treatment too? I wouldn't say no to a Hoenn region rendered in 3D. I'm sure the tropical environment and locations in Hoenn would look splendid if it is rendered in 3D like the new Pokemon X and Y.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:58 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Maybe so but I think they would have to change the game a bit too much for comfort if it was going to be apart of Generation 6. I mean sure go ahead and make NEW pokemon games for the 3DS but I liked the way Hoenn was already without the 3D part of it.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, it can't be that bad if they decided to remake and improve it like how they did with FRLG, HGSS. FRLG and HGSS had quite a good reception from fans.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:26 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
If they don't bring it around too soon after the release of X & Y then yes, otherwise I say absolutely not, times are brutal & I can't be investing in a Pokemon game literally almost every year in all good faith. Oh & for christ sake if they do it, I hope they don't go about remixing the music the way they did in HGSS, I liked only a little of the music overall because of all the obnoxious sound changes in almost every single theme. They seem to do that alot in those types of situations & I am getting beyond annoyed of it to the point it seems like starting to sound like murder sometimes...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:47 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If they are going to do it, it would probably be released on late 2014 or early 2015 I guess. I do hope they bring back the secret base. I missed that very much.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:56 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

LWK wrote:
If they are going to do it, it would probably be released on late 2014 or early 2015 I guess. I do hope they bring back the secret base. I missed that very much.

If they don't do it late 2015 it would be simply too soon as it's late 2013 when X&Y are to be released...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, if they do make a remake, I wouldn't be buying it. I personally don't see the need to put down the money for a "remake" of an old game for a new Gen, when you already own the original version and have the new game for the Current Gen. (unless there is a compatablity issue, as such there was for the First 2 gens.)

Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:31 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

GofD wrote:
EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, if they do make a remake, I wouldn't be buying it. I personally don't see the need to put down the money for a "remake" of an old game for a new Gen, when you already own the original version and have the new game for the Current Gen. (unless there is a compatablity issue, as such there was for the First 2 gens.)

There honestly most likely will be this time too IF they even plan to do this at all...

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:16 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Emerald was my first and favorite game. So, as long as they don't ruin it, they're welcome to remake it. I'd really like to see my Hoenn in 3D!
Of course, they shouldn't rush it too much. I don't have money to burn.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'd love to see remakes. Hoenn was my first and is my favourite region.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ChillBill wrote:
Emerald was my first and favorite game. So, as long as they don't ruin it, they're welcome to remake it. I'd really like to see my Hoenn in 3D!
Of course, they shouldn't rush it too much. I don't have money to burn.
Dare234 wrote:
I'd love to see remakes. Hoenn was my first and is my favourite region.

Same with me, I liked Hoenn a lot too. I wished to see Hoenn again in future games even if they are not remake of Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:10 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I realize it's very exciting to think about remakes, but the new games just got annouced........ don't you think we should wait a bit before thinking about remakes. I'm just saying it's a bit early for this.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I agree with Ke$ha, especially since I think it's a bit early for this new generation anyway (give me a few more weeks and maybe I've get over it)

Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:05 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

LWK wrote:
I wished to see Hoenn again in future games even if they are not remake of Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald.

Yeah me too honestly, Hoenn doesn't have to be in a remake per say but I just want to see the most exotic region just one more time with updated graphics, Hoenn is one of the regions that deserves it the most visually...

kesha140 wrote:
I realize it's very exciting to think about remakes, but the new games just got annouced........ don't you think we should wait a bit before thinking about remakes. I'm just saying it's a bit early for this.

Yeah I honestly am annoyed to be hearing about remakes at a such as time as well but I understand why & knew this would be happening even at a time such as this. RSE remakes were expected to show up 5th Gen but never happened which imo is good so now with the 3DS being home to handheld Pokemon gaming as of X&Y anyway, it's expected that the gun will be jumped with the RSE remake talk resurfacing & what not...

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Yeah I honestly am annoyed to be hearing about remakes at a such as time as well but I understand why & knew this would be happening even at a time such as this. RSE remakes were expected to show up 5th Gen but never happened which imo is good so now with the 3DS being home to handheld Pokemon gaming as of X&Y anyway, it's expected that the gun will be jumped with the RSE remake talk resurfacing & what not...

Sorry if what I posted had annoyed you. It's just that the idea of a remake just popped out in my mind. Like what you said, I expected it to show up in 5th gen but I was disappointed that they went straight away to Gen 6.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:33 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

although i think it's early, the remakes probably weren't released in 5th gen because of the fact that the 3DS had been out for so long. GameFreak probably didn't want to take away the wow factor for 6th gen, it being the first games in 3D.....

Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:03 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

LWK wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:

Sorry if what I posted had annoyed you. It's just that the idea of a remake just popped out in my mind. Like what you said, I expected it to show up in 5th gen but I was disappointed that they went straight away to Gen 6.

I was disappointed as well when they went straight to Gen VI without a Gen III remake during Gen V. I was kinda expecting them to follow a pattern with the remakes. FRLG during Gen III, HGSS during Gen IV, RSE remakes during Gen V and so on. I particularly like Gen III and would love to see it redone in 3D. Would definitely bring back some fond memories if they did it correctly.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:45 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Guys, I just figured it out. Remakes come out every two console gens. FRLG and RBY were out on GB and GBA, skipping the GBC. GSC and HGSS were out on GBC and DS. So that means RSE were on GBA and the next console upgrade: the 3DS. That's why RSE and didn't get remakes in Gen V.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:16 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

sneasel123 wrote:
I was kinda expecting them to follow a pattern with the remakes. FRLG during Gen III, HGSS during Gen IV, RSE remakes during Gen V and so on.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:56 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

No.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:14 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Krisp wrote:
No.

And that's the best way to answer I've ever seen. Hooray for Krisp!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:48 am
Profile WWW
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Why Krisp? And how did you get past the 25 character limit?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oh please... Krisp is a member of the Lite Four. Stuff like character limits and reasons don't apply to her. She's above all of us.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Ask yourself this; will it reallyyyyyyyy be worth it? Sure, I know a lot of you have actually started from RSE, I started from RBY, but I didn't fully enjoy the remakes AT ALL (off-topic: the game mechanics passed on from the third gen made my firered seem like the biggest chore, i find replaying yellow far more entertaining without natures and the like).

And for the life of me, I just can't replay SoulSilver like I did with the original. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Anyway, no, I do not wish for a remake.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:00 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, I've started with RBY too but I did enjoy the remakes of FRLG and HGSS. To me, I felt that they've retained their originality with some added bonus. Playing these remakes brought back many good old memories of me playing the older games.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:53 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next