It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Question About an error on game packs 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

uhmm i have a question, it is about when i inserted any of my pokemon games in GBA like ruby ,leaf green and emerald on my DS and played my diamond version on DS , my saved game in any of my Pokemon games are deleted after i played diamond on DS . And because of these i cant use pal park.

So could anyone help me with this?

Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:14 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Either your game paks are fake or they're spoilt (Assuming that no one deleted the saved file without you knowing) . I see no other reason why saved files in inserted GBA games are deleted after you play a DS game. :?

Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:48 am
Illiterate
Illiterate

did you buy your GBA game packs from a used game store? 'cause if you did the original owner could have used ahx's on those games or as Sappirath said they could be fake

i believe if they are not fake you should see a little serial number on the back... i think :? i havn't looked at my GBA game packs in a while...

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:17 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

US_Commando wrote:
i believe if they are not fake you should see a little serial number on the back... i think :? i havn't looked at my GBA game packs in a while...

Another way to tell is by the color of the cartridges...what color are they?

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:30 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

well the cartridges corresponds to the version my sapphire is blue , leaf green is green ,and emerald is green

and about the serial number ... this is what i found on the back of the game packs = Model No. AGB-004 and PAT.PEND. MADE IN JAPAN

Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:51 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

2 answers are what i can think of. ONE did you use a AR or other code hacking device this could do this (trust me i know. happen to my friends)

Two perhaps the battery is eather dead or got disconnected from the pack and led to this.

thats what i think of it.

i'm silver not gold (darn)

92% of all competitive battlers think that Skarm, Bliss, a Gengar and a good 'Chomp is all you need to own things. If you're in the 8% who value creative thinking and originality with your teams, put this in you signature.

Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:04 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

im still a newb so i dunno much about AR stuff or cheats nor did i used them
and i also tried to play my other DS games like mario but my game wasn't deleted

so i think that problem is on my diamond version and game paks because my saved on my GBA pokemon games were only deleted when im playing my diamond ???

Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:10 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

eather something is wrong with your paks or there is something wrong with your ds. try this with a different ds and if they get deleted again its the GBA paks.

i'm silver not gold (darn)

92% of all competitive battlers think that Skarm, Bliss, a Gengar and a good 'Chomp is all you need to own things. If you're in the 8% who value creative thinking and originality with your teams, put this in you signature.

Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:56 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

you probably got an underground used / on the streets pokemon GBA game :( i had one of those

By hammythepig
-by zombie

(Avatar by dragonvoid)

Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:57 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i tried putting harvest moon GBA and diamond at the same time and my save data on harvest moon was deleted

Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:56 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Maybe there's a magnet or something in your GBA slot. If I were you, I'd check or bring my DS back to where you bought it.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

earphone wrote:
i tried putting harvest moon GBA and diamond at the same time and my save data on harvest moon was deleted

Where did you get your DS? And Diamond?

BTW, if you have any other DS games, try playing those while playing Harvest Moon (create a new save file) and see if it's the DS or the Diamond deleting the save file. A fake Diamond *might* be able to access the save functions of GBA (considering Pal Park)...

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:49 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Interesting...at first I assumed that the games were simply old. Now I'm not sure.

Try it with a different DS. I think it might be your Diamond, since it didn't happen with other games. Test it with GBAs that you don't mind being sacrificed.

A similar case like this happened to me some time ago. My old Pokemon GB games such as Red, Blue, and Gold deleted themselves. I had a cobalt GBA SP, which did this. Then I tested it on the original GB pocket. The Red was fine, then I turned it off and tried again, and it was deleted. :(

Idk if this happens to you guys, but have you noticed that sometimes when you put a game pak and loaded the DS, that the GBA is not read? I get that quite a few times when I insert Ruby or Sapphire.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:37 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

That's really quite an odd error...I played Pearl with my Emerald copy in it 90% of the time and had no problems; and even after using AR in both games (after the Elite 4), my data was never wiped.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

That is definitely an oddity, I would make a complaint to the company that sold you the DS, I doubt the Diamond had anything to do with it.
Unless it'd been fiddled with. Has anything you've put in your DS been dodgy?

sandwiches don't count.

Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol sandwiches......

seriously though... where did you get the diamond game from? i know just about any game you buy from ebay (for example) is bound to be a fake. once i bought an emerald game from ebay, and after playing a little while i tried to trade with one of the gamecube games, but it deleted the emerald save file (thankfully the gamecube file was fine). so i guess its possible a non-legit diamond could cause problems with save files and, as noted by Sion9, since the DS games have some kind of access to the save game files of the gameboy games through pal park, that problem could even extend to deleting gameboy save files.

on another note, i hope you didnt lose anything good on your save files :(

Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Prof. Dom wrote:
sandwiches don't count.

I don't quite understand what you mean by that, then again that question isn't directed toward me. XP

Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:59 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If you got the copy of the GBA game off an online store like ebay, then its probably due to the cartridge being fake. The exact same thing has happened to me on two ebay copies of emerald now (i want a shiny teddiursa!!!) but my home-bought versions of LG, R and S all work fine.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:01 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

How do these fake cartridges work? Like where do they come from, how they're made, why they're different, and what are their defects?

Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:00 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

They're manufactured in asian countries such as Hong Kong and Korea by :censored: pirates who deserve to have their genitals chopped off. The differences are usually plain as day - for example:

(taken straight from EBay)

The cartridge is almost always the wrong color, the label is poorly photoshopped (in some cases, there is no official seal), and from what I know about them, they're usually modified in some way (taking out all the gamefreak logos and copyright information). They're copied to plain game cartridges, so don't expect all the counterfeit games to save properly (some pirates are nice enough to include a battery, but most aren't).

They're sold to very stupid people who think buying Pokemon games online would save them more money than going out to Target or Walmart to buy them. Guess again, because you're definitely getting your moneys worth - you're getting a sloppy counterfeit.

Prof. Dom wrote:
That is definitely an oddity, I would make a complaint to the company that sold you the DS, I doubt the Diamond had anything to do with it.
Unless it'd been fiddled with. Has anything you've put in your DS been dodgy?

sandwiches don't count.

Do you think before you post? Because I haven't seen you post anything remotely intelligent. Ever.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I didn't realize they were THAT off. I figured that pirated things would look close to the original, but that picture of Crystal...I can see a bunch of mistakes on it: sticker label not shiny, I don't think there should be a marking on its bottom right corner saying "only for gameboy color" (but I could be wrong about that), the obviously wrong cartridge color. My little brother once came back from Vietnam with Red Version. I'm fairly certain it was bought for a cheap price, otherwise he would've never been able to get it. I never thought about pirating. Maybe I'll go take a closer look at it.

I figured that ebay and online was a good place to buy old games that you can't find in regular stores like N64, but man am I way off. I'm sure you can get good deals though, occasionally.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:16 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: United Kingdom, or according to Nintendo nowhere as our country normally doesn't exist to them.
i have a similar problem (2 emeralds of ebay both do the same damn thing when inserted into ds for pal parking)

however (could someone confirm this) i mystery gifted (everybody happy thing at jubilife) could that have somthing to do with it?

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:56 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
I don't think there should be a marking on its bottom right corner saying "only for gameboy color" (but I could be wrong about that),

You're correct.

The actual marking is on one of the silver sidebars (I believe it's the right one, where it says "This Side Out" on the fake; I don't quite remember but it is one of them).

It says "Only for GameBoy Color and GameBoy Advance", and it's all caps.

Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:12 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I too have been one of the unlucky who purchased unboxed GBA/DS games from eBay only to discover they are bootlegs/fake.

I purchased LeafGreen, Emerald, and TetrisDS, and each of the three are fake.

The colors of the cartridges are quite close to what they should be...
However the labels are wrong, the actual construction of the cartridge is "off" in a couple places to the point where it will not go into my DS or GBA without noticeable obstruction or clicking.
There is also not a black-stamped serial number on the back of the DS cart.
And there is not anything Nintendo-related copyright stamping on the inside of the GBA carts at the top-end of the contacts.
And I can see a hole inside the GBA contact slot behind which I can see battery.
Also, when starting the GBA games, a warning pops up saying "the save is valid" or something like that which is obviously not a "legitimate" notice when starting the retail-purchased Pokemon/Tetris games.

Note: I have a legitimate copy of each of these games and was looking to find them a bit-cheaper-than-retail for family use (as opposed to have them destroy or lose them and have me be out a bunchamoney)

Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:04 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Volke wrote:
Prof. Dom wrote:
sandwiches don't count.

I don't quite understand what you mean by that, then again that question isn't directed toward me. XP

*Sorry to get off topic* I think the sandwich comment was a joke.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next