It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire "Berry Glitch" 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Everyone,

I plan to bring my Pokemon Sapphire to my local Target (or EBgames) store today w/ my boyfriend to get the "berry glitch" fixed after spending a reasonable amount of researching online on the "berry glitch" and how to get it fixed. However, I'm sorta curious about whether they'll be able to fix that for me (possibility for free or just a little bit of money), but I'd also like to acknowledge whether I could be able to send my Pokemon Sapphire cartridge to Nintendo.com (third option?) as well. Besides this, I'm actually quite curious about the fact that the creators of Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby actually didn't anticipate this at first since I'm absolutely sure that the creators edited the games to perfection, but after all, nothing is ever perfect (except perfectionist(s) and damn over-achiever[s]). Just wanted to let everyone acknowledge about this fact since I heard that this "berry glitch" is widespread especially in new and unused ones (Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby), but has varied effects on each cartridge that a individual owns. I'll probably just stop talking right now before I start rambling and such. Hope you guys find this subject a little bit helpful!

P.S- The first thing I did after I discovered that I had the "berry glitch" after encountering the following words on my screen: "The internal battery has run (or ran?) dry, but you can still play this game. However, time-incurring events will no longer occur." was to contact Target.com and EBgames via email. I had to get on their sites to access consumer services in order to contact them about this and I'm able to affirm the fact I'm able to bring this to the nearest local Target or EBgames store. What I'm saying is that if one of you guys/gals have this "berry glitch" and wish to get it fixed, I believe that you need to bring a receipt, which shows proof that you purchased this item within the last 90 days and they will give you a full refund (because they believe that it's simply a defective item). However, if you don't have a receipt or whatever since you had this in your possession for a long period of time, you simply just have to bring a valid driver's license card or your parent (LOL) [to show your photo ID] then they'll see what they can do. Hope this is very helpful for you guys as well!

- Mister_Kitsune

[Current Pokemon Sapphire Team]

---

⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋ • ⌈?????♂⌋

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:39 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Edited:

Everyone,

Unfortunately, Target, Gamestop, and Nintendo was unable to replace the internal battery in my Pokemon Sapphire cartridge because they don't make those batteries anymore. However, my boyfriend successfully replaced the internal battery and when he returns my game to me, I'm going to see whether it functions correctly or not. I'll also let you guys/gals know whether this will work or not as well. :)

- Mister_Kitsune

---

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:45 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

There's a way to patch it yourself actually, but it requires a second GBA or GBASP, link cord, and Pokemon FireRed, LeafGreen, OR Colosseum. I have found that this method does NOT work although most people on the internet tells me it does, when I try patching my game it says it's unable to patch the berry glitch and it tells me to turn the game off.

I tried replacing the physical internal battery (because it's even easier than doing this) and I no longer get the battery has run dry etc. message. The clock also ticks in my room now, HOWEVER berries still don't grow. :(

I don't get it, but whatever. If I want the clock bad enough I can just rip my saved file from my cartridge, upload it to my computer, then play it on here.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:20 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah, I've had the berry glitch "fix" from Colosseum since I got that game (which was before the internal battery ran out), and it really didn't do anything for me. As soon as the battery ran out, everything stopped permanently. I could probably replace the battery, but honestly, I don't really even play those games anymore, and even if I did, I didn't really grow the berries anyways. I wonder if this means that now I can just keep going through the guy at Pacifidlog to find the Mystery Island or whatever with all of my Pokemon to make it appear... Hm, I wonder if that's possible?? Maybe I'll play around with that some day.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:11 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Krisp wrote:
There's a way to patch it yourself actually, but it requires a second GBA or GBASP, link cord, and Pokemon FireRed, LeafGreen, OR Colosseum. I have found that this method does NOT work although most people on the internet tells me it does, when I try patching my game it says it's unable to patch the berry glitch and it tells me to turn the game off.

I tried replacing the physical internal battery (because it's even easier than doing this) and I no longer get the battery has run dry etc. message. The clock also ticks in my room now, HOWEVER berries still don't grow. :(

I don't get it, but whatever. If I want the clock bad enough I can just rip my saved file from my cartridge, upload it to my computer, then play it on here.

Krisp,

Oh, really? Even though I already know about that, I actually don't have a second GBA console or Colosseum. Wait a minute...>_<; Oh, why haven't I thought of THAT before? I just realized that I actually have a Game Boy Color AND a Game Boy Advanced (SP) plus a link cord as well. I wonder if that would work... :/

---

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:04 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

You can't play GBA games on a Gameboy Color, so no, that wouldn't work. The linkcord has to be GBA too.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:14 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Krisp wrote:
You can't play GBA games on a Gameboy Color, so no, that wouldn't work. The linkcord has to be GBA too.

Krisp,

My apologizes, but I was really exhausted at that moment so I didn't realize that I CAN'T play GBA games on my Gameboy Color so silly me! However...My boyfriend actually put the game and the new battery back together before I tested it on my Nintendo DS. Good news, everyone! It functions perfectly especially the fact that I don't see the following words: "The battery has run dry, but the game can be played. However, time-incurring time will no longer occur" anymore, but I was really surprised that my game date didn't get erased as well. I haven't tested the "berry glitch" by seeing whether berries will finally grow again among other things yet, but I have a hunch that everything will be alright. :)

---

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Krisp wrote:

Krisp,

What I mean by having a hunch that everything will be alright is that I'm considered to have LOTS of luck even though I haven't encountered a shiny pokemon (probably once, but accidentally KO'd it, I guess) before besides the shiny Gyarados in Gold/Sliver/Crystal which actually doesn't really count. XP

---

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]