It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 We need a New Legendary. 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

So I was sitting here playing Platinum for the 100th time and was thinking "We really need a Legendary Fighting pokemon!" I dont think there has ever been one, no? i think they could play on a Legendary fighting pokemon. The movie could be Ash reunites with Primeape and they are in the P1 Grand Prix and there is a mysterious fighting pokemon there. I don't know, I think it'd be cool to have one. Just my thought heh ^.^;;

Also, I never watched the show past Gen 1, I only watched the movies. So I don't know if Ash finds Primeape again or not.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:42 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

There has never been a legendary bug Pokemon either, and for this reason, I nominate the coolest Pokemon in existence, Heracross, to be the ultimate legendary Pokemon of generation 5. 8-)

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:10 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Krisp wrote:
There has never been a legendary bug Pokemon either, and for this reason, I nominate the coolest Pokemon in existence, Heracross, to be the ultimate legendary Pokemon of generation 5. 8-)

Agreed, i'm also thinking that there should be a Bug-type legendary and also Fighting-type legendary, and it could be better if it is a Bug/Fighting legendary. I think there should be a Poison-type legendary.

P.S. I think Heracross is the coolest Gen II pokemon.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:00 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

This is also somewhat being discussed in the "Types that need new pokemon" Thread viewtopic.php?f=54&t=26095&start=220. There is a complete list labeling how many legendaries of each type there are, Dragon and Psychic and I think Flying are the top three, while Poison, Fighting and Bug are at the bottom with zero.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:00 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

A fighting legendary Pokemon could be a natural enemy of Machamp. It could have been locked up by Machamp centuries ago. It trained its fighting skills until it broke out of its prison. Now, it is planning its revenge on the Machamp kind.

Who's that Pokemon? {shuckle}
It's Ditto!
Who's that Pokemon? {charizard}

Let me guess, Ditto.

No, it's Charizard!

Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:21 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Well I thought Lucario was going to be a legendary at one point because of the movie, but I was wrong.

They really should make a legendary for each type, but then again, I don't want to see half the new pokedex full of legendaries either.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:51 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I disagree.

I think Legendary Pokemon should either fit into one of these two categories: element/nature-related or somehow enigmatic.

All legendaries's types we've had so far belong to one of these, except for Regigigas, which is a Normal type. Arceus is also a Normal type, but that's reasonable considering it's ability.

Steel, Water, Fire, Electric, Ice, Rock, Ground, these types fit "legendary" Pokemon because they are natural elements. The association between these nature's components and legendary Pokemon is very straight; most legenday Pokemon control and can manipulate nature, themselves being part of the whole ecosystem's balance. This is a recurring theme in Pokemon.

Dragon, Psychic, Dark and Ghost types belong to the "somehow enigmatic" category. Dragons are legendary creatures in many cultures of our society, so it's only natural that many Legendaries are Dragon types. Psychic, Dark and Ghost are mysterious, abstract forces that exist but we can't quite explain. They are often related to benevolence, malignancy, spiritualism and many other figurative, psychological subjects. Many folkloric creatures posess somewhat supernatural, obscure powers, same goes for Legendaries of these types.

That's why Fighting types don't really fit the role of Legendaries in my opinion. But that's only me, heh.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:19 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Good point, but isnt bug kinda a natural element too? And maybe Poison too, but honestly i could care less about a fighting legendary.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:18 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I don't think that we need a Fighting type Legendary, but it would be nice. Now a bug legendary, it would have to have a whole new move set and ability to really catch my eye(or it can just look really freakin sweet!).

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:40 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Galar wrote:
I disagree.

I think Legendary Pokemon should either fit into one of these two categories: element/nature-related or somehow enigmatic.

All legendaries's types we've had so far belong to one of these, except for Regigigas, which is a Normal type. Arceus is also a Normal type, but that's reasonable considering it's ability.

Steel, Water, Fire, Electric, Ice, Rock, Ground, these types fit "legendary" Pokemon because they are natural elements. The association between these nature's components and legendary Pokemon is very straight; most legenday Pokemon control and can manipulate nature, themselves being part of the whole ecosystem's balance. This is a recurring theme in Pokemon.

Dragon, Psychic, Dark and Ghost types belong to the "somehow enigmatic" category. Dragons are legendary creatures in many cultures of our society, so it's only natural that many Legendaries are Dragon types. Psychic, Dark and Ghost are mysterious, abstract forces that exist but we can't quite explain. They are often related to benevolence, malignancy, spiritualism and many other figurative, psychological subjects. Many folkloric creatures posess somewhat supernatural, obscure powers, same goes for Legendaries of these types.

That's why Fighting types don't really fit the role of Legendaries in my opinion. But that's only me, heh.

excellent point. For the most part I agree, but legends can also be about people. Of ocarse Dragons have a nice role in legendaries, since many cultures see dragons as legendary creatures, no idea why there is no Unicorn legendary. Pokemon types that are natural elements make nice legendaries aswell.

In my opinion, a good idea for a fighting-type legendary would be a dead Samurai. It could be ghost/fighting and they could create some magnificent back story as too how it died. Just always thought a Samurai Pokemon would be awesome.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:52 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

That does sound interesting. It could have like an Omniscent Armour that is kinda Translucent. The weapon would be the difficult part though.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:32 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Indeed it is. A dead Samurai Pokemon would be awesome, and about it's weapon, wasn't it obvious for it to use swords? And maybe it's signature moves would be something that involve swords, and it could learn Swords Dance.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:39 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The Swords would be the difficult part because you wouldn't be able to use an actual sword.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Then a sword that it used hundred years ago and it now became a dull and rusty blade but it is as sharp as Zangoose's claws? I guess it was a pretty good idea.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:15 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

it really is a brilliant idea, it just needs a little tweaking and some work before NINTENDO would even think about it.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yes, i hope that someone from Nintendo would see this website and see this thread and add it before they let out the game.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:40 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I don't think they would put it in the game since they are so close to the launch date. But then again, they might just go look to the people for a quick Legendary before the release date. Who the hell would get credit for it I wonder?

Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Most people who posted here?

Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:43 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Most likely. I think I'm going to free-hand sketch the pokemon out to get an idea and then post it up if I can find a scanner.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:31 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, good luck.
Anyway, back to the topic, in another thread i've stated that there should be a Bug/Dark legendary Pokemon, like a Giant Roaches, or something else like that.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
Well, good luck.
Anyway, back to the topic, in another thread i've stated that there should be a Bug/Dark legendary Pokemon, like a Giant Roaches, or something else like that.

strange but cool

Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

And it could be scary, too. Argh, how could i think about my biggest phobia? But anyway, if i imagine that, it could have Levitate since some roaches could fly. And it's species is Cursed Pokemon. Could you imagine about a giant roaches about your own body size is flying towards you and stand on your face?

Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:15 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

You know what type of legendary we need? Drag- *shot*

I think a nice at least Uber Bug Pokemon would be nice. I mean, it could have epic bug type moves. I kind of like how they're making really powerful moves of just about every type + Physical/Special. Where would we be without Zen Headbutt/Focus Blast/Aura Sphere?

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:57 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Do we need a new legendary?

The answer is NO.

In Kanto, we had less than 1/30 of Pok

Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:44 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

well, every gen needs legendaries. the problem is finding the boundary between a good amount of legendaries (maybe 5-9 per gen) and waay too much (Sinnoh has more than i can care to count right now). yes, they're cool; yes they're powerful; but that doesn't mean we need a whole bunch.

which isn't the topic being discussed right now.

a poison legendary would make sense right now. zekrom represents man/tech, reshiram nature, or so we've discussed in other threads. a poison type could represent the pollution of nature by man, and thereby be poison. makes sense, no??

Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next