It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 quick questions 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Effort Values don't exist till a later generation, or they aren't noticeable, correct?
If not, that means you can get a Pokemon to level 100 with rare candies and it would be the same as getting one to 100 training it?
And I haven't used it in a long time, but the rare candy code works with any item, including TMs?

Lost my Nintendo DS and Pearl Version. After a couple months finally decided to go back to this...

EDIT: Forgot my mechanics question... Is it really easy as say for a physical attack:

Pokemon's Attack Stat + Attack's Power - Defense of the opposing Pokemon = Amount of damage done to their health?

Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:00 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm pretty sure they existed, but the 510 cap didn't. The rare candy code works with any item.

Not sure about your other question, though. Maybe someone else could answer that.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:09 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

They used Stat Exp. instead of EVs in RBY and GSC. Basically, you gain some after you defeat a Pokemon. You can have a max of 65536 Stat Exp. It affects all stats - not just one or two like EVs. Vitamins add 2560 (?) Stat Exp. each.

If we take two of the same Pokemon with the same DVs and RC one and hand-train the other, the hand-trained one will always be stronger across the board.

It's not that simple with damage. It's really:

Damage: (((((((Level × 2 ÷ 5) + 2) × BasePower × [Sp]Atk ÷ 50) ÷ [Sp]Def) × Mod1) + 2) ×
CH × Mod2 × R ÷ 100) × STAB × Type1 × Type2 × Mod3

There's a bunch of Modifiers and Type issues, and the level is important. A lv2 Rattata can't deal 35 damage to a lv2 Pidgey by Tackling.

For the full article see Smogon:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/damage_formula

Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:33 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i remember my friend was obsessed with the rare candy cheat, he has loads of lvl.100's ,

but could never beat my hand trained lvl.100's

We knew then that rare candy trained's were weaker, but never understood why

Pokedex: - Seen: 306 - Obtained: 199

My Team So Far:

{palkia} - 100 - {tyranitar} - 83 - {dragonite} - 87 - {rayquaza} - 100 - {groudon} - 100 - {mew} - 100
Updated Daily

Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]