It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Looking for help completing pokedex for Emerald. 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I notice the site has a a page to track the trainers necessary to complete the DPP pokedex.. but not the Hoenn. which I do need in order to obtain a feraligator / typhlosion / meganium.

anyone got a spot of advice for that?

Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, in essence, you answered your own question... You need to finish the Hoenn Pokedex in order to have Prof. Birch give you the Johto starter. Whichever one you choose is up to you, and also remember if you want all three that way (can't really see any other ways to get them...) that you'd have to finish the Pokedex three separate times.

But you should be a little bit more specific. Unless that was your only question, I'm sure people can help you figure out how to get the specific Pokemon you have to get for completion...

Hope this helps!

AEPMT :D :) 8-) :P :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

No it didnt answer my question at all... you read it wrong. I already knew that information. what Im asking is if anyone has a list of the locations where I can see all of the hoenn regions pokemon, in pokemon emerald.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I did also give you the suggestion to obtain that information. There is no list like that existing on this site. Obviously, if I know which Pokes you needed to complete the Pokedex, I could certainly be of more assistance. Creating a page like that hasn't happened because it is not crucial to the plot of the game to actually obtain those starters.

This site, in case you haven't used it yet, has a wonderful reference called the Psydex. It has the best information you can find about anything you need to about a Pokemon.

For an example, and hopefully you'll understand how the use this resource properly, I'll post a link of a random Pokemon. Let's say Bagon.

Bagon's Locations From there, specify which Gen. you are asking for (3 or 4 in this case). It will tell you all of the possible ways to get that Pokemon (which aren't many...).

Hope this helps!

AEPMT :D 8-) :wink: :P :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yes Ive been using this site for quite some time now for EV training and various other information including completing my Sinnoh Pokedex.

Unfortunately te Hoenn Dex is kind of important as it is the only way to obtain the 3 pokemon previously mentioned. Of course... I suppose if I just waited for soul/heart it wouldnt matter lol

Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:50 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The list doesn't/wouldn't matter, because you don't need to just encounter them (in a trainer or wild battle) like you do in DPP, you need to OWN them. Therefore, the locations in the pokedex are the info you need. Also, it is not possible without trading, as there are version exclusives. At a minimum, you need Ruby and Sapphire, I think, to complete all of them.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]