It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 The Mysterious Skitty 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Something really unusual happened to me recently on my legit Ruby version. I had just started a new file, and was training on Route 116 when I saw a wild level 7 Skitty. I already had a Skitty on my Platinum, so I ran away. I wondered if it was a time based event, so I kept training there untill all my team members were strong enough to face Roxanne. However, I didn't see another Skitty! What was that Skitty doing there? I don't even use cheat codes! Was it a glitch? Or did that crazy lady from the original Pokemon Ranger game lose one of her Skittys on vacation in Hoenn? Does anyone else have an idea of how that Skitty got there?

{skitty}

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It's been a while since I've played that game, but I believe he is a swarm pokemon. You were just there during a skitty swarm.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:46 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Did you even READ the whole thing? I noted that it could have been a TIME BASED EVENT, but when I trained there for the rest of the day, I DIDN'T SEE ANOTHER ONE. That's what's weird about it.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

2% chance, http://www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/300/locations

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I didn't think you meant all in the one day.

Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm inclined to agree with Sion9, simply because Skitty is hard to find. Yes, it does seem strange, but there is no connection between Ruby and Ranger (because Ruby was made before Ranger). It is just that rare...

AEPMT :D 8-) :P :wink: :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I remember playing my Sapphire and Emerald games and Skitty were always Rare. Finding one was really hard to do. I have the Guide to Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, and it says that Skitty are rare on that Route. If you check your Pokedex in your Ruby game, Skitty does appear there, and only there. Skitty are only in swarms AFTER you beat the Elite Four in RSE.

Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:06 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I just got really lucky then. Ha!

Mektar out.

Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I guess you were lucky with a 2% chance. I spent 3 days looking for a damn Magby.

Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:59 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Lol, at the Ranger lady :D
I think it must have been a swarm.

Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]