It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 few berries?!?!??? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Why in the kanto region are there so little berries???do you mean to say that on a whole tree there are only 2 berries?and why do you have to rip the whole tree down!!! :frustrated:

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:52 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

…I'd ask about which Kanto you're talking about, but I'm fairly certain that you mean the Gen III version...except there aren't any berry trees in either Fire Red or Leaf Green, so do you mean Hoenn?

As for why Hoenn trees (and you might note that Sinnoh trees tend to produce even less than the Hoennese variant), the most logical reason that I can come up with is that they are more like bushes or small plants, such as tomato plants or even corn stalks, rather than actual trees, at least that early into the games. This would result in faster growth rates from seed to adult, smaller yields, and could reasonably lead to the destruction of the plant during the harvest, something which, as you pointed out, would not really happen with a tree.

Realistically? You have a lack of berries per tree due to in game uses of said berries, and possibly because of technological restrictions. Either way, the concept of berry trees is still quite young in Gen III, and had just been revolutionized from Gen II standards, where berries actually did grow on trees. The 'new' berry trees didn't really even become trees until Kalos, and the body of the plant is still destroyed.

If you are talking about Kanto, though, I'm fairly certain that you can get berry respawns in the Berry Forest.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

You get berries from other methods such as Pickup, the Dodrio mini game, and the Berry Forest on Island 3. I didn't really miss their "absence" in comparison to the Hoenn Gen 3 games

Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:49 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

IMO, it's not really necessary to have berries.

I have five Meowths running pickup, so I have a lot of the berries, but honestly - it's not worth it. You're better off just growing the berries in RSE, and transferring it back when you need it.

Unless you are attaching them, though, you're better off (space wise) with just buying full heals or lava cookies, and full restores.

I'd burn through those berries too fast if I relied on them, and the powder is not worth the effort.

Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:42 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I don't think he's actually talking about kanto. He spoke of trees with 2 berries, and the only place that could fit that description is hoenn.

I completely agree with what you're saying about berries in FR/LG. They're useless unless you're using them as hold items. It would have been nice if they kept the new things that they added in RS instead of undoing it all.

Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:58 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]