It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Team Flare Role and Speculation. 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This came up in the "mega Evolution" Thread, so I figured id start a new topic solely for this, to try and keep the other thread on topic.

Kiga wrote:

GofD wrote:
Also Team Flare could like...Idont know,be selling Fake "mega Evo" stones, since they are more in it for the Money then some craaaaazy scheme. Kinda make sense when ya think about it.......

I could see them doing something like that, maybe, if only to tie the two elements together. I do wish that Pokemon didn't fall into the whole "Big Evil Corporation" political mess, though, especially considering that Pokemon itself is a multi billion dollar franchise second only to Mario on Nintendo's list…

Isnt that Kinda what Team Rocket was/is? A Big Evil Corporation using Pokemon as Tools to make big bucks and such, not so much about world domination? (Okay, the Anime version of Team Rocket is in on the "world domination" thing, But the RBY Team Rocket was more in it for the $$$).

I some how feel Team Flare may be an attempt to revive the glory days of Team Rocket. Im not saying Team Flare IS Team Rocket, it could be something more along the lines of....Some Team Rocket Grunts liked the Money they were making and when Giovanni left and diss-banded Team Rocket, They fled elsewhere? (Cause you know Officer Jenny was after them for their arrest).

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:53 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

GofD wrote:
I some how feel Team Flare may be an attempt to revive the glory days of Team Rocket. Im not saying Team Flare IS Team Rocket, it could be something more along the lines of....Some Team Rocket Grunts liked the Money they were making and when Giovanni left and diss-banded Team Rocket, They fled elsewhere? (Cause you know Officer Jenny was after them for their arrest).

I think that your proposition would make sense. I mean, honestly, how many independent crime syndicates can be formed like this, when half of the ones we know (Aqua, Magma, and Galactic) actively tried to destroy and warp the modern world? I would make more sense if Flare was a shoot off of Rocket, and it would give Flare a better overall history. I mean, Rocket doesn't have to be explicitly used, but to have it be mentioned in passing would be fairly interesting.

Not all of the Rockets could have fled to Johto, after all..

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:06 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well.....it more looks like Team Flare will be looking for a more "beautiful" world..... Welp so much for them not having a crazy scheme.

...But seriously, An evil organization trying to make a more beautiful world? Couldnt they just have planted some flowers here and there, and NOT be evil? Wouldnt that work a little better?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Meh, it depends on your definition of "beautiful". Look at Naruto, for example. Akatsuki has differing views on art, which can be closely tied with beauty, at least in the eye of the beholder. You had one guy who thought explosions, large and small, were art, and another who used the flesh of other humans to make his marionettes. On the other hand, you could end world hunger and suffering, and define it at as a "beautiful world".

...Actually, hasn't this been tried before, like, twice?

Team Aqua and Magma wanted to terraform the world, or Hoenn, in order to make it more hospitable for their chosen type of pokemon, and Cyrus wanted to rewrite the world, or at least Sinnoh.

I hope they don't mean that a beautiful world would be one where Pokemon and humans were separate, like N envisioned. That idea irritated me.

So. What make Yveltal and Xerneas special? They signify life and death, right? The answer probably somewhere in there.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Somehow, the legendaries will tie into this. Don't they always?
Now for my two cents. The scientists remind me of Team Galactic, you know, the space-y outfits. I just can't help but think of Mars and Jupider. And the whole 'nother "We make this world the way we think it should be" potential repeat by "Making the world beautiful" just reminds me of Cyrus trying to create another world with poor Dialga and Palkia. I bet he gets stuck in the Reverse World. Yay, Giratine has a new friend! 'Cept I caught him, and he's mine friend now, MINE.

There has to be a Z coordinate. Like Palkia and Dialga seem to be part of a duo, then you have Giratina appear as the third. Or Groudon and Kyogre, and then you have Rayquaza. It shall also work in with the Team.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]