It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Your guide to identifying counterfeit games 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I have Sea Blue. It's pretty awsum but when it get's to Koga....

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:21 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

About the LG/FR games including a WIreless Adapter...I got those games after I got Diamond, and they didn't have them (I got them at Target/Toyr R Us) when did they stop doing that?

Image (by Ender)

Sat May 02, 2009 3:16 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

omg...fake game. that would explain why my diamond doesnt always save,or trade pokemon corectly, geez =({unown s} unown LOL

Thu May 14, 2009 6:00 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Something else to note..

My fake Emerald cartridge had a sticker on the back, hiding the Nintendo logo.
But it spelt 'Nintondo' instead. :?

Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I bought my genuine Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald from eBay.

Tips from me:
- Do not buy the game unless a photo of the cartridge itself is supplied.
- FireRed and LeafGreen cartridges are solid colour, not transparent.
- Buy the PAL versions, the ones with the circular Nintendo seal on the bottom left corner. Fakes are not made from those.
- Do not buy any games from Hong Kong or Singapore.

Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:46 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Krisp wrote:

The label is on slightly crooked. The box does NOT say it includes a wireless adapter OR that it is a Player's Choice game. It is also poorly photoshopped and should be compared to my box for further proof that it is indeed a fake.

How did you tell that the box art was poorly photoshopped? I couldn't really see the difference.
Is there are any legit version of the Pokemon Fire Red / Leaf Green box that does not have the wireless adapter picture at the bottom right corner ?

Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have a Ruby that could not connect to colosseum, and ever since I tried to, it will delete its save file after a while. It looks perfectly normal except the top sticks out of the GBA about a millimeter. And, before it began deleting the save file, I could not look at the Hall of Fame on the PC.
Weird thing is, it's fully compatible with other pokemon GBA games.

EDIT: Gamestop is notorious for fake games. They sold me a MegaMan Battle Network Four with the wrong cartridge art and it didn't save.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:59 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

gawd, I played through my emerald many times and each time it would corrupt. I had a feeling it would be counterfeit anyway..

Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:37 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I recently ordered a FireRed Version from a site that, looking back on it, might've been suspect. When I got it, the cartridge was transparent and the label wasn't holographic. I also got the "The save file is ok" message. The only reason why I bought it was to prepare to PalPark stuff to SoulSilver. It saves and everything, works properly but I'll see if it can trade once I get LeafGreen (which is legit) from eBay.
The site was star-ann.com

Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I bought Pokemon Emerald about a year ago, and it works great. But the bad thing was, everytime I captured a Pokemon, it would always release it. And, everytime I click on the save button, it goes straight to the title screen, with the music and everything.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:26 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

This topic is kind of old, I hope I get an answer though.

I'm trying to buy FireRed on eBay, and I saw a used copy, but the cartridge is transparent, I think it's an American copy because it has the e-rating and the nintendo seal is on the left. But from this thread and from other guides people say that the FR/GL cartridges are not transparent, but I also see some people saying they have transparent copies.

So my question is: Is there any release of FR/GL where the cartridge is transparent?

Also to help, besides the cartridge that where posted, could someone post a photo of an European cartridge of FireRed?

Thu May 13, 2010 5:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

there is absolutely no reason for it be transparent

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Tue May 25, 2010 6:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

no. i have lived in the USA all my life, and i have never seen a transparent copy. Note to all evry gba game for every version looks the same in each country (excluding country regulations.)

Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:49 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

yea, I recently bought counterfeit copies FR and LG from ebay. You know how frustrating it feels after finding out it that the save file could at any instant spontaneously combust? This guide's really helpful, and I plan on buying another copy of each. I found this listing: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

I guess using what this guide says, I'd say they're real. Can I have a second opinion?

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:02 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

They look legitimate to me, but I think you should go into a used game store and buy one there. I would never buy GBA Pokemon games online.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:02 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
That fake Sapphire is an epic fail. This is coming from the complete MORON who owns a fake game from red+blue (wasted a lot of money there) to a fake hg and ss.Took me two trys on every version to get a real game. Hoping my luck will improve on black and white.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

... and that's why you buy new games. they are allways legit.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Why? Has Edoc'sil been buying used games?

Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

if you want a picture of legit cartridges of any game from any region, you can refer to mobygames.com. I'm not sure though if it's mobygames or mobygame. Just google it.
Anyway, it has lots of pictures. I've used that site in confirming that the cart i'm about to buy is genuine. I've purchased lg/fr/r/s from sulit.com.ph (a site just like ebay but only in the philippines) and mobygames helped me in identifying legit carts.
How to find pictures in mobygame/s:
1. Search for the game.
2. Theres a picture there and a link for more pictures. The galleries include pictures of the boxes (front and back) from different regions and the cartridge itself.

The site is not only for gba or nds but for all platforms. But i can only confirm the existence of pictures of gba carts. I only have gba.
The site does not contain pictures of all games from all regions though but popular games like pokemon have pics.
One more thing, the quality of the pics is very good.

I hope i've helped.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:31 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

When I go to Gamestop tomorrow,
I will photograph a possible fake that I remember seeing in the used DS games case
(It was grey and had Lugia on the cartridge)

Edit: It was not there...

(Where does the time go?)

Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:21 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think I got lucky with my used GBA cartridges. I've picked up FR, LG, Ruby & Sapphire and, after reading this, they all appear to be genuine. Purchased all used at Gamestop. All 4 have the foil labels and match what is pictured here. I had a LG I got from them, but the game would lock up when I got to a certain point ... I now suspect it was a fake, but that was a while back & I don't remember what it looked like. Fortunately, Gamestop took it back and, after I showed them what was happening with it, did not put it back on the shelf. They were pretty good about it.

As for HG & SS, I bought them new at Gamestop, so I'm pretty sure I'm okay with them. ;-) Though I do have a pearl I bought used from them and haven't tried out yet.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for posting this Krisp (though I just found it). It was very helpful.

[Edit to add:] Actually, I just looked at my Diamond (not Pearl) cartridge - it looks real too. Lucky I guess.

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:18 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I don't know if people already said this but...

I lived in the Philippines for eleven years. Bought two Poke'mon games. Both have grey cartridges. Both are now broken.

So any Poke'mon games that have a grey cartridge is fake.

To extend our reach to the stars above.
Jessie, James.
Team Rocket blasting off the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Meowth, that's right!

FTW

Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:47 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay, I recently (finally) started playing my Diamond version (want to get some new poke's to trade to my HG). Anyway, I thought I'd go ahead and pick up a Pearl version too, get a different starter, a few different critters, etc. But I've noticed a couple of minor differences in them when I opened up the saved game that was already on the Pearl; when the saved game loaded on Pearl, it went through some note page looking things about what the previous player had been doing recently. This does not happen when I load my saved game on Diamond. Now, the Pearl player had all 8 badges, and I only have 1 so far on Diamond - could this be part of the issue? Also, when I started a new game in Diamond the other day, it said it couldn't over-write the old saved game unless I restarted the game and held the ? + select + B buttons (I have not yet started a new game on the Pearl version).

Here's a picture of both cartridges (not the best pic - but it's a cheap cell phone). They both look legit to me compared to the pics posted earlier, but I would appreciate any input from y'all;
Attachment:
1222101405.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:48 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

No, it's all fine. When you haven't played the game in a while (I think it's a few days), the Journal opens when you start the game to remind you what you were doing. Completely normal. Also, in Gen IV, to start a new game, you have to delete the old save file, which is what the down+B thing is. I think it's some sort of fail-safe against little kids restarting/deleting your games, which happened to a lot of my friends who had Pokemon before DPPt. So, nothing that sounds/looks fake to me.

*checks your cartridge* it looks the same as my Pearl one, so I'd say you're good, BarnOwl!! :-D

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:53 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
No, it's all fine. When you haven't played the game in a while (I think it's a few days), the Journal opens when you start the game to remind you what you were doing. Completely normal. Also, in Gen IV, to start a new game, you have to delete the old save file, which is what the down+B thing is. I think it's some sort of fail-safe against little kids restarting/deleting your games, which happened to a lot of my friends who had Pokemon before DPPt. So, nothing that sounds/looks fake to me.

*checks your cartridge* it looks the same as my Pearl one, so I'd say you're good, BarnOwl!! :-D

Thanks Rex09! I was thinking that too. After I'd checked the Pearl one to see what pok

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next