It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Elite 4 team Help 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Right now I am at the elite 4...and I for some reason cannot beat it. I was wondering if anyone could help me with my team or give me some suggestions...Currently I have

Aggron lv 53
Shockwave
Blizzard
Iron Tail
Strength

Blaziken (Blaze) lv 56
Mirror Move
Cut
Double Kick
Blaze Kick

Riachu lv 55
Thunderbolt
Quick attack
Thunder
Slam

Gyarados lv 53 (w/ mystic water)
Dragon Rage
Surf
Hydro Pump
Earthquake

Blaziken (mikko) lv 59
Blaze kick
Slash
Double kick
Sky uppercut

Grumpig lv 55
Psychic
Rest
Bounce
Secret Power

I have been thinking about replacing Grumpig though...

Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Fails at life
Fails at life

Keep trying it took me 5 tries the first time

Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:24 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ive tried a few times...Mostly It it is how i get money to buy potions and train...I usually have the most trouble against Phoebe and her ghosts...

Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:50 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Think of replacing one of the Blaziken, for type variety maybe.
Here's the lowdown on the E4:

#1 Sidney

Sidney uses Dark-types, weak to only Fighting and Bug. For his Shiftry, Sharpedo, and Cacturne, you can take advantage of the second type and nail it (Fire for Shiftry etc.). Don't use Fighting types against his Shiftry or Absol; they'll get owned.

#2 Phoebe

Phoebe uses Ghost-types, weak to Dark and Ghost moves, both of which very rare, in addition they're immune to Normal and Fighting. These customers have somewhat high Defense, so a good strategy is just to chip away at 'em. The Sableye however has no weakness and immune to Psychic types, but not as high a Defense.

#3 Glacia

Glacia is an Ice-type user. However, 3 of her Pokemon are also half-Water, so against them you'll have to use Electric (not to mention with their Thick Fat, Fire moves are horrible). The other two, Glalies, are pure Ice, so Fire works there. (Ice is also weak to Fighting, so one Blaziken could give them all the go-around).

#4 Drake

Now it's time to fight Dragons. Your best bet is to use Ice type moves that aren't used by an Ice-type, as he has moves like Flamethrower. Only Shelgon has a x2 weakness to Ice (the others have x4). If you have a Kyogre or Kingdra with Ice Beam, they'll get pummeled.

*In Emerald, one of his Flygon is replaced with Kingdra, whose only weakness is Dragon. Take it down with a heavy hit.

#5 Steven (RS)

Steven has a team of Ground, Rock, and Steel types, so to win you'll need to switch around a lot.

Skarmory - Fire and Electric work great here, as its SpDef is low.
Aggron - 4x weakness to Fighting, and 2x weakness to Water. Use caution when using Groudon or Kyogre against it - it has Thunder and Solarbeam.
Claydol - It has Reflect and Light Screen, so use Dark, Ice, or Water to KO it ASAP.
Cradily - Ice or Fighting is your best bet. But beware, it has Sludge Bomb, Confuse Ray, and Giga Drain. If you have several Pokemon with a type advantage, do not hesitate to swap them out if Poison or Confuse appears.
Armaldo - No fair, he gets two fossils. Water is its only weakness, and it can survive a lot of hits. Additionally it has strong moves.
Metagross - This is his strongest. Use a Fire or Ground move, before he hits you with Earthquake or Psychic. Another way is to use Water - he's not resistant to it.

*In Emerald, you'll fight Steven in Meteor Falls. His Pokemon are in the high 70s.

#5 Wallace (E)

This guy has Water types, but they're very hard to get at. Be prepared for repetitive switching.

Whiscash - 4x weakness to Grass. Hit him heavy with Sceptile or something.
Tentacruel - Electric or Psychic can get this guy, but it may take a while to bite away at. Don't give up.
Gyarados - You'll need an Electric to take down this guy, as Intimidate cuts attack, and thusly cuts Rock moves. (Not to worry, a Thunderbolt is a sure kill.)
Ludicolo - Its only weakness is Flying. Not to mention he'll use Double Team several times so he's impossible to hit. Then - a lot of Surfing. Faint it quick.
Wailord - This is the first he'll send out. Hit it with Grass or Electric, as it's a pure Water type.
Milotic - Beware the Ice Beam if you deploy Grass. Use Electric if you have it, or Milotic will be a living nightmare.

A full list of their moves is here:
http://www.psypokes.com/emerald/gymelites.php

Happy battling, and good luck!
- DNA

Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:05 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

here is how I go at it right now
Round 1 vs Sidney
Start with weaker blaziken and use double kick which kills all his normal pokemon, use flame kick when he uses shrifty and cacturne, and swich to riachu and thunderbolt crawdaunt
I can beat him without taking any damage

Round 2 is where it gets tricky
what I did at first was use grumpig, but then i remembered they dont have a weakness to psycic attacks...So I mainly use random pokemon for that... This is what usually kills me because they then have low health

Round 3
Riachu and the stronger blaziken can clean up

Round 4
I only have 1 ice move and that is blizzard, so there is not a 100% chance of it hitting and he usually finishes me off...

I have both Blazikens because they are powerful against alot of the pokemon you face...

Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]