It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Any hints catching the lati's? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I've tried about everything! But if i hit one, And i do not bother his hp, when he gets to struggle, he always kills himself, Always! i've tried the bouncing trick (not sure if it works on emerald, tried in ruby) , the repel trick ( always wear until you hit one) , the house trick (go into a house, leave the house)

None, And i mean, None of them work -growls- What to do? x_x;;;

Mon May 14, 2007 11:36 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Use the Master Ball? Seriously, you don't really need it for any of the other ledgendaries, so you should save it for Lati@s.

Mon May 14, 2007 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

If he's at low HP and he's down to Struggle (is that even possible?), then use a Sleep move. He'll run away, but at least he'll be sleeping. The following things do not prevent his escape: Sleep and Attraction. Mean Look and Block do work though. But since most the Mean Lookers in RSE are half-Poison, you're better off using a Nosepass with Quick Claw. And who in their right mind would waste their Master Ball on a Pokemon so weak when compared to others? I used my Master Ball on Kyogre because I didn't want to die...Then again, I caught Rayquaza with a Premier Ball and Latias with a Nest Ball. My luck is weird, but very very good.

- DNA

Mon May 14, 2007 11:50 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If he's at low HP and he's down to Struggle (is that even possible?), then use a Sleep move. He'll run away, but at least he'll be sleeping. The following things do not prevent his escape: Sleep and Attraction. Mean Look and Block do work though. But since most the Mean Lookers in RSE are half-Poison, you're better off using a Nosepass with Quick Claw. And who in their right mind would waste their Master Ball on a Pokemon so weak when compared to others? I used my Master Ball on Kyogre because I didn't want to die...Then again, I caught Rayquaza with a Premier Ball and Latias with a Nest Ball. My luck is weird, but very very good.

- DNA

you could always use a shedinja to catch kyogre. actually, shedinja is a pretty good legend catcher since most moves dont hit it and it can learn false swipe. its annoying against those with rest. you have to watch out for fire blast from groudon, and fly from rayquaza (fly can be dealt with by teaching protect to your shedinja). you could also use a wobbuffet as your lead when trying to catch the lati@s, but i think the best is a high levelled umbreon - its dark type means none of lati@s's moves will hit it (except for struggle). you could go like this: mean look first (as long as youre fast enough), then use double team and sand attack 6 times each, and then baton pass to something like shedinja (baton pass keeps mean look in effect) which can then use false swipe until lati@s has 1 hp left. if it gets down to struggle, you will be annoyed if it hits, but the chances are very low after all the double team/sand attack. if you want to give yourself a better chance of the ultraballs working, and to slow down their use of pp, umbreon could first baton pass to a jolteon which uses thunderwave and then baton passes to the shedinja. the only problem is i think one of them knows refresh. theres something to think about anyway. it would probably mean breeding/raising some pokemon you might not have access to.

Mon May 14, 2007 9:35 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i saved my masterball cause it runs... so yeah

Tue May 15, 2007 2:43 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

master ball haha, when it came to rayquzar i got it with a repeat ball!! cause I ran out of ultra balls and timers and tryed my luck with it.

Wed May 16, 2007 11:23 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thanks guys! I got it! ^^ With my wobbufet, ran out of ultra balls xD so i only had left 5 pokeballs, but when i had two left, he finally gived up :D

Wed May 16, 2007 12:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

which one did you catch? you said "he" so im guessing its a latios? how did you get its health low? or did you just throw balls at it? pretty amazing you got it in a regular pokeball!

Wed May 16, 2007 6:23 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i got my rayquaza in a regular pokeball.... but for Groudon and Kyogre i broke down and grabbed my action replay.
Gratz on the Lati catch Hreffie.

Thu May 17, 2007 2:41 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

wow nice! i go all the regis kyogre and rayquaza with regular poke ball, can seem to find latias tho. you get a real good feeling, dont you :!:

Sun May 20, 2007 2:48 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

master ball...... if u used it already, shadow tagging wobbuffet or mean look+baton pass umbreon......mean look crobat also works though..... =P

Sat May 26, 2007 5:49 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

on my Ruby, I found Latios and caught it in my Master Ball that MajorGameBoy gave me, but just as the data was being uploaded into the Pokedex, my Grandma took it away and gave it to my mom because I bopped my cousin on the head for being a brat........and my mom turned it off before I was able to plead with her to save it before she turned it off. I haven't been able tofind the little bugger since... :cry: :(

^^^spongedude made this. He is AWESOME!!

Thu May 31, 2007 11:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I caught my suicune with a masterball, but only after running out of ultraballs using a wobbuffet...

Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yep, use the master ball. I saved all my master balls only for the ones that can flee out of battle and used ultra balls on the ones that don't like groundon, kyrogue,mewtwo, ect. Congrats on the catch.

Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Is it possible to catch it with a ultra ball??
Because I've already used my master ball on Deoxys.
Is it possible????????????????????

Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Of course it's possible...very hard, but possible as along as you bring about 50 of them, 30 minimum.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:27 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

have a trapinch at high level that has the ablitie arena trap and then you could try and catch it

Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:49 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Arena Trap wouldn't work on Latios or Latias, as it has the Levitate ability.

My method to catching Lati@s is to send out a high level Wobuffet then bombard it with ultra balls. The only problem is that if I'm entirely unsuccessful, then it could end up fainting itself. After a long time I may use some Timer Balls as well. And when Lati@s decreases Wobuffet's hit points badly, I heal it. :P

Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]