It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 The NEW 3rd Generation Rating Center 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
NO ONE has even come CLOSE to beating me in my sapphire or emerald with this team,but I would like at least a second opinion.
{blaziken}
Dynamicpunch/sky uppercut
Blaze kick
Earthquake
overheat

{flygon}
dragon claw
steel wing
fly
flamethrower

{crawdaunt} <===surprisingly good and doubles as an HM slave
surf
dive
waterfall
crunch

{exploud}
hyper voice
hyper beam
shadow ball
ice beam

{raichu}
thunder
thunderbolt
iron tail
brick break

{gardevoir}
psychic
hypnosis
dream eater
facade

Last edited by Edoc'sil on Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:17 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Edoc'sil wrote:
NO ONE has even come CLOSE to beating me in my sapphire or emerald with this team,but I would like at least a second opinion.
{blaziken}
Dynamicpunch/sky uppercut
Blaze kick
Earthquake
overheat

{flygon}
dragon claw
steel wing
fly
hyper beam
flamethrower

{crawdaunt} <===surprisingly good
surf
dive
waterfall
crunch

{exploud}
hyper voice
hyper beam
shadow ball
ice beam

{raichu}
thunder
thunderbolt
iron tail
brick break

{gardevoir}
psychic
hypnosis
dream eater
facade

I am expecting that this is just an in game team, annd not a competitive team(by that i mean a perfect team breaded to perfection). So, looking at it, i think {raichu} need Rain Dance, i would say it should go over ThunderBolt. {blaziken} should have Sky Uppercut insted of DynamicPunch, {exploud} needs a MoveSet of: Defence Curl ~ Rollout ~ Earthquake ~ Shock Wave. {flygon} is fine, and choose Flamethrower over Hyper Beam. Other than that the team is fine. And i am sure that everyone here knows how to make In Game teams, so this is okay.

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:09 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Correct. And thanks.I did recently update my {flygon} with that, and dynamicpunch ws only as a maybe in emerald.Thanks!

Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:11 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

No problem, and be careful with Dive. Surf is popular, even in-game.

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:44 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have a team that i trained for a long time, and i want to know how it could be improved.
P.S. Don't advice about nature, or IVs and EVs. I have that team for a long time and if i have to change it's nature, it means that i have to breed for another one, and makes it out to high level took way too much time. Just give the advice about the team structure, held items, and moveset.

{blaziken} - Rash - Sitrus Berry
-Sky Uppercut
-Hyper Beam
-Blaze Kick
-Bulk Up

{gardevoir} - Bold - Leftovers
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt
-Reflect

{metagross} - Adamant - Amulet Coin
-Meteor Mash
-Agility
-Earthquake
-Iron Defense

{salamence} - Naughty - King's Rock
-Dragon Claw
-Fly
-Crunch
-Double Team

{rhydon} - Hardy - Quick Claw
-Earthquake
-Iron Tail
-Megahorn
-Rock Blast

{wailord} - Rash - Mystic Water
-Surf
-Water Spout
-Ice Beam
-Rest

Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:17 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've been using these Pokemon in Emerald since I beat the Elite Four.
{blaziken} Lv. 100 @Lefovers (FYI: I've got four Lefties so it might surprise you)
Serious l Blaze
EVs: ??? (I didn't keep track, because I didn't know what EVs were then)
Fire Punch
Flamethrower
EQ
Sky Uppercut
My starter, and the basis of my username (first 100 ever excluding Silver+nickname=Torchie), she's been in my team since... the beginning of Emerald. She also doubles as my opener in both Battle Pike (which I beat for the Silver Symbol) and Battle Dome (I was so close!). Fire Punch over Blaze Kick to max the accuracy, EQ for Lucy's Seviper and other annoying Pokemon, Sky Uppercut for a good old STAB move, and Flamethrower for a special STAB.
{rayquaza} Lv. 100 @Leftovers
Adamant l Air Lock
EVs: ???
Dragon Claw
Hyper Beam (This is the one I need the most help with. What's good? I only have 1 Heart Scale left.)
Extremespeed
HP-Fighting
Surprisingly, my Rayquaza is good at HP-Fighting, so please don't criticize me for this, as it saved my butt during my first Elite Four sweep, as ny Torchie went down (for that battle) on Walrein's critical Surf. Without HP, I would've lost to Glacia (I had {nuzleaf} , {wailmer} , {tropius} , and an egg as my team, along with the two mentioned). Dragon Claw for STAB, Extremespeed for priority, and Hyper Beam was just to fill up a spot (I had Waterfall on it until I got my own {walrein} )
{altaria} @NeverMeltIce
Adamant l Natural Cure
Ice Beam
Sky Attack
Fly
Dragon Dance
I have Ice Beam in order to beat Drake whenever I forget to bring {rayquaza} out for Elite Four (which is often these days). That, and it saved my butt in Battle Dome more than once. Sky Attack and Fly are STAB, and DD is for getting boosted stats.
{zangoose} @Silk Scarf
Lonely l Immunity
Crush Claw
Taunt
Slash
Swords Dance
A Zangoose in Emerald? I got Zangoose in a trade with a friend of mine whose character was called Ruby. Anyway, before Lucy, I had Thunder instead of Slash for her, Crush Claw is for STAN amd a chamce to lower defense, which helped me a lot for Lucy's {shuckle} . Taunt was to make Shuckle use Struggle for two turns. while Swords Dance was to boost stats during those turns. I owe Zangoose so much for playing a major role in beating Lucy, the "Queen" of Battle Pike.
{jolteon} Lv. 89 or 90 (it's been forever since I checked) @no item (for the moment-getting some Lum Berries)
Calm l Volt Absorb
EVs: ???, although I'd imagine it to be 252 Sp. Atk., 129 Speed, 129 Sp. Def.
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Rain Dance (previously BP)
Shadow Ball (previously Bite)
As an Eevee, I tried to get an Espeon, but I gave up after Lv. 44 (it's a male as well, and I like female Espeons), and its nature really didn't give me many choices. I ended up choosing a Jolteon, for its special pool. I had Bite instead of Shadow Ball until the last time I checked Emerald and gave Shadow Ball to him, because I was sort of having trouble with Phoebe. I gave BlackGlasses to him until I realized that Bite didn't work well with a -Atk. nature. BP was just unnecessary on Jolteon (who is way too offensive for my liking, but what the heck) so I got Rain Dance to support his Thunder.
{flygon} Lv. 71 @Shell Bell
Timid l Levitate
Dragon Claw
Faint Attack
Hyper Beam
Crunch
I didn't realize that Timid was a -Atk. nature until I got to know Psypoke. ( :( ) Well, I think that Faint Attack's a Special attack in Gen. III so I'm not that worried. Anyway, Dragon Claw for STAB, Crunch and FA for variety, and Hyper Beam for finishing.
That's my team, but I also have two alternates for {flygon} , of the same level that I'm worried about.
{sceptile} @Miracle Seed
Timid l Overgrow
Leaf Blade
Bullet Seed (I'm taking it out, don't worry)
Aerial Ace
Giga Drain
With one special move and three physical moves, my Sceptile's not that good, as it's Timid nature. Do you have any suggestions? I'd like it if I kept Leaf Blade.
{aggron} @Silk Scarf (getting another Lefties on him as soon as I start playing my Emerald again)
Docile l Rock head
Iron Tail
Double Edge
Metal Claw
Iron Defense

Do you have any suggestions? I'd like to get Rock Slide to it instead of Metal Claw, but i'm not sure where it is. It's going to take me forever to get a good enough Aggron again, since I got this from my Sapphire Version, thus with boosted EXP gain, so please don't tell me to breed unless it;s absolutely necessary.
Thank you so much in advance!
~torchie13125

Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:24 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

This team is for the Battle Frontier, mostly the Tower and the Dome, it has performed fine so far (just beat Tucker for the first time) but I am still not very pleased with it, they are good on their own but don't seem to complement each other as a team. I usually just use quick sweepers, but this time I wanted to use bulky, more defensive Pokemon as a change. What I am looking for are any suggestions on replacements I can consider, any moveset changes, and item suggestions. I used the Smogon movesets for the most part, but I know those are for competitive battling, not so much for the in-game battles. And lastly, the EV's are estemated, within about 20, I just don't remember exactly what they are.

{vaporeon}@Brightpowder
Jolly/ 252 HP 252 Def
Surf
Ice Beam
Wish
Roar/???

I really like Vaporeon and is the only one of the three I probably won't switch. the item isn't too good, but I gave Leftovers to Snorlax. It just demolishes everything, it has only lost to the bulkier physical sweepers. Even when its not very effective it usually kills things in three hits or left, I just don't know what to do with the last move. The computer usually doesn't have the intelligence to set up DD or CM pokemon so Roar and Haze are kinda pointless, and I don't know the DV's so HP isn't an option either. I also usually lead with Vaporeon so if something pops up that it doesn't like, it can use wish and basically give Snorlax a free Curse.

{snorlax}@Leftovers
Adament/ 150 HP 100 ATK 150 Def 100 SDef
Curse
Shadow Ball
Body Slam
Rest/???

This is (nearly) an exact copy of the Smogon Curslax. As long as I keep it away from Steels and Fighting types it does fine, but I'd like to change this or Metagross to a special sweeper.

{metagross}@Choice Band
Adament/ 252 HP 252 Atk
Meteor Mash
EQ
Sludge Bomb
Ariel Ace/???

Again, nearly standard. I know Explosion is traditionally the fourth move, but the tutor is a one use thing so I didn't want to use it. Good on its own, but again, it just feels like these three just don't jell together very well.

Last edited by 123gojj on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:25 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

All Lv100
Poliwrath
Adament 252Atk 252Hp 4Spe
Sub
Focus Punch
Ice Beam
Hypnosis

Fearow
Bold (didnt understand natures )
252Atk 252Spe 4 Hp
Drill Peck
Fly - it has HpElectric
Return
Tri Attack

Nidiking
Serious
252Atk 252 Spe 4Hp
Megahorn
Shadow Ball
Earthquake
Ice Beam (Gligar)

Mr.Mime
Serious
252Hp 252Spatk 4 Spe
Psycic
Baton Pass
Sub
Calm Mind

Flareon
Bold
252 Hp 252spd 4Spa
Flamethrower
Wish
Toxic
Protect

Lanturn@Chesto Berry
Mild
40 Hp 252 Spa(so many spinda!) 210 Def
T-Bolt
Rest
Surf
Toxic
For Hamachi Battling

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:48 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

this thread is probably dead, but will post here anyways

this is for emerald battle frontier

Starmie
Timid Nature
Natural Cure
Hold Item: Sitrus Berry
T-bolt, Surf, Ice Beam, Recover

Camerupt
Adament Nature
Magma Armor
Hold Item: Chesto Berry
Attract
Earthquake/ Rock Slide
Flamethrower
Rest

So earth quake or rock slide for camerupt?

Salamence
Rash Nature/ Hasty Nature/ Adamant Nature
Intimidate
Dragon Claw
Rest
Brick Break
Toxic

which nature is preferable for this Salamence?

also, did i even select the right nature(s) for my team in order to efficiently play them?

can I survive battle palace with this? and most other places?

thanks!

Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:06 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Kacho wrote:
this thread is probably dead, but will post here anyways

this is for emerald battle frontier

Starmie
Timid Nature
Natural Cure
Good moveset for a Starmie, good nature for everything except Battle Palace. Timid nature is Damage/Status, and for that moveset you'd probably want something that was Damage/Self.

Camerupt
Adament Nature
Magma Armor
Hold Item: Chesto Berry
Attract
Earthquake/ Rock Slide
Flamethrower
Rest

So earth quake or rock slide for camerupt?
Earthquake for STAB. Because you have both EQ and Flamethrower, Adamant isn't a great nature; Brave (+ Att/-Spd) might be a better choice, since it's already a very slow pokemon. Again, not a great pokemon for Battle Palace, but probably okay for most other places.

Salamence
Rash Nature/ Hasty Nature/ Adamant Nature
Intimidate
Dragon Claw
Rest
Brick Break
Toxic

which nature is preferable for this Salamence?

This is not such a great choice of moveset for Salamence. Its best stat is attack, so you really want to give it some more/better physical attacks than Brick Break. I also wouldn't generally consider Salamence to have high enough defenses and HP to be a toxi-staller, which is what half your moveset looks like. I would suggest something more like:
Aerial Ace (never missing can be a huge benefit in Battle Frontier, for those occasional opponents who sit there and minimize/double team for 6 straight turns, and are then almost impossible to hit)
2 of Rockslide/Earthquake/Steel Wing/Return, depending on the TMs you have available.
Dragon Claw

in which case you might want to go with Quirky or Hardy, which are neutral on stats, but Damage/Damage in Battle Palace.

also, did i even select the right nature(s) for my team in order to efficiently play them?

can I survive battle palace with this? and most other places?

Battle Palace probably not; you don't have great natures for there. My usual preference for the Battle Palace is strong, fast pokemon with a Damage/Damage nature and a varied sweeping moveset, no status inflicting or anything fancy. It's worked out okay for me.
Other than the Battle Palace, yeah, it's a pretty decent team.

thanks!

Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

JsXtm wrote:
(just to quote you)

I might as well raise a separate 3-team for battle palace :P

thanks for the help! but as a recap...
Starmie
Timid Nature
Natural Cure

Sitrus Berry or Leftover or Shell Bell? I don't think I can plant enough berries, really. >_>

Camerupt
Brave Nature
Magma Armor
Hold Item:
Attract
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Rest

On second thought, Camerupt could be an all out physical sweeper, maybe with attract and rest switched out for Body Slam and Rock Slide, what do you think? But then with Attract and Rest, I can stall longer...

Salamence is the confusing one... could do both physical and special...

On second thought, maybe I should make it special to cover psychic, ghost, and dark types...
I think some of the brains of Battle Frontier uses dark type and ghost type
so possible movesets:
I can breed insanely as long as I can find a chain to get the moves to the pokemon...

Mixed:
Aerial Ace
Return
Dragon Claw
Crunch

Physical:
Rock Slide
Dragon Claw
Steel Wing
Return

Special:
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Crunch
IDK, Return?

OR OR OR.. I can just find another third pokemon, really.

And I'll figure out Palace another time, LOL.

thanks again for the help!

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:03 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Kacho wrote:
I might as well raise a separate 3-team for battle palace :P
That's (almost) what I did. Technically, I do still use some of them for other Battle Frontier events, but I am specifically trying to get some trained that have Battle Palace-friendly natures.

thanks for the help! but as a recap...
Starmie
Timid Nature
Natural Cure

Sitrus Berry or Leftover or Shell Bell? I don't think I can plant enough berries, really. >_>
I would go with Shell Bell. Starmie is fast and pretty powerful, so you won't actually need to recover HP all that often, but when you do I think Shell Bell will be more useful. It's what I use, anyway.

Camerupt
Brave Nature
Magma Armor
Hold Item:
Attract
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Rest

On second thought, Camerupt could be an all out physical sweeper, maybe with attract and rest switched out for Body Slam and Rock Slide, what do you think? But then with Attract and Rest, I can stall longer...
My personal opinion would be to go with all out attack; what are you stalling for with Camerupt? It doesn't have fantastic defenses, and you're not poisoning or burning anyone, except maybe by accident from Magma Armor (I think it does that?).
One other note, I actually consider Eruption a better option for a fire-type move than Flamethrower. At full health, it will do more damage, and odds are that you will not be using it that often, and most frequently at full health.

Salamence is the confusing one... could do both physical and special...

On second thought, maybe I should make it special to cover psychic, ghost, and dark types...
I think some of the brains of Battle Frontier uses dark type and ghost type
so possible movesets:
I can breed insanely as long as I can find a chain to get the moves to the pokemon...
I like the mixed one the best, although I would recommend either Rock Slide or Steel Wing instead of Return, to give you a type-advantage move against Ice pokemon. If you can spare the TM, you also wouldn't go wrong to switch Crunch out for Earthquake, although that gives you a more physical moveset. Earthquake is one of the most powerful physical moves in the game, and Ground only has a few resistances, and if you combine it with Rock Slide (Flying) and Aerial Ace (Grass and Bug) you can cover all of those resistances. At least that's my opinion.

Mixed:
Aerial Ace
Return
Dragon Claw
Crunch

Physical:
Rock Slide
Dragon Claw
Steel Wing
Return

Special:
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Crunch
IDK, Return?

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

thanks again!
I guess a mostly physical Salamence does it...
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Aerial Ace
Dragon Claw

I guess something like Brave (+atk -speed) or Lonely (+atk - def) or Naughty (+atk -sp def) does it

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:08 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

[color=#FFFFFF]Hello Everyone! I'm a newbie @ this website. OK, here's my Sapphire team. How about it?

Sceptile = Lonely / Miracle Seed
Leaf Blade
Slam
Giga Drain(PP Max)
Toxic

Crobat = Hardy / Leftovers
Fly
Wing Attack
Poison Fang
Shadow Ball

Armaldo = Lonely / Hard Stone
Slash
Aerial Ace
Rock Slide
Earthquake(3 PP ups)

Electrode = Modest / Magnet
Thunderbolt
Thunder
Shock Wave
Mirror Coat

Milotic = Bashful / Nevermeltice
Surf
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump=
Blizzard

Heracross = Adamant / Silverpowder
Brick Break
Counter
Megahorn
Bulk Up
[/color]

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:09 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

XeoN wrote:
Hello Everyone! I'm a newbie @ this website. OK, here's my Sapphire team. How about it?

I don't know how in-depth you want me to go, but I'll include comments on natures, etc. Feel free to ignore those if you don't care that much, though.

Sceptile = Lonely / Miracle Seed
Leaf Blade
Slam
Giga Drain(PP Max)
Toxic
Lonely is not a very good nature for a Sceptile; + Att and - Def will not help in most situations. Sceptile's strongest stats are special attach and speed, which obviously fits well with the Grass typing in Gen 3.
Of your moves, you have a physical attack (Slam), which doesn't play to its strengths, as well as 2 grass-type moves. I would say keep Leaf Blade, but you've used PP Max on Giga Drain, and you don't want to waste that.
Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of other good options for special-type moves, so keeping the two may be your best bet.
If you want to keep Toxic, an evasion-raising move might be a good choice, to do some toxi-stalling. You can also learn Detect.
So, I'd recommend a toxi-stalling moveset of sorts:
Giga Drain
Toxic
Detect
Double-Team (TM)

Crobat = Hardy / Leftovers
Fly
Wing Attack
Poison Fang
Shadow Ball
Hardy is a good choice for the Battle Frontier, which unfortunately is in Emerald. Better choice for Crobat would be Adamant (Jolly would also be good, but Crobat hardly needs a speed boost).
Only major comment is the double-typing of Flying moves, but I know that you need someone with Fly in-game. Aerial Ace would be somewhat better than Wing Attack, and Sludge Bomb would be better than Poison Fang, but they aren't terrible. There's not a great fourth choice for a physical attack, so I would leave the final moveset as:
Sludge Bomb
Aerial Ace
Shadow Ball
Fly

Armaldo = Lonely / Hard Stone
Slash
Aerial Ace
Rock Slide
Earthquake(3 PP ups)
Adamant would be a better nature than Lonely, but other than that, this is pretty good.

Electrode = Modest / Magnet
Thunderbolt
Thunder
Shock Wave
Mirror Coat
Modest is a pretty good nature.
Thunderbolt, Thunder, and Shock Wave are all electric; you only really need one. Thunderbolt is the best of the three based on accuracy and power, unless you're using rain dance somewhere.
Explosion is a great finishing move if you're almost dead.
Unfortunately, there aren't any really good moves... Thunder Wave would be a good choice as well, to get a 100% chance of Paralyzing the other pokemon.
Mirror Coat is an interesting option that might work out well. So:
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Mirror Coat
Explosion

Milotic = Bashful / Nevermeltice
Surf
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump=
Blizzard
Bashful is meh. Modest would be better.
You have two each of Ice and Water. Surf and Ice Beam are better.
Recover is a must; Milotic learns it by level-up, and it's a great move for just about any pokemon.
Milotic would also probably benefit the most from Leftovers, with its HP.
Attract or Confuse Ray would also be good for stalling. Confuse Ray is an egg move, so if you're willing to breed that's probably better, but Attract will work otherwise. So:
Surf
Ice Beam
Recover
Confuse Ray/Attract

Heracross = Adamant / Silverpowder
Brick Break
Counter
Megahorn
Bulk Up
Adamant is a great nature for Heracross.
Megahorn and Brick Break are great, on-type moves.
Heracross does not have great HP or defenses, so Counter and Bulk Up are less than good. Its real strength is attack, which is why Earthquake, Return, or Rock Slide would all be good choices instead. Or, if you want, go with Endure and Reversal, which combo well together. So:
Megahorn
Brick Break
2 of: Earthquake/Return/Rock Slide
or
Endure/Reversal

Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Im new to this site and need a good team for Fire Red

Nidoking Lax
Dig
Rock Tomb ( going to replace with a different rock move)
Horn Attack
Strength

Charizard Calm
Cut
Fly
Flamthrower
Steel Wing

Raichu Rash
Shock Wave (Reaplacing with thunderbolt)
Thunder
Rain Dance
Flash (replacing)

Kadabra Naughty
Shadow Ball
Recover
Future Sight
Psychic

Vaporeon Sassy
Surf
Water Pulse
Bite
Auroua Beam

Articuno Relaxed
Mist
Mind Reader
Agility
Ice Beam

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:14 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I don't really know what exactly I do in this situation so I'll just list the pokemon I have in the special pickachu edition.

Charizard: L76
Zapdos L65
Gyarados: L52
Pickachu: L34
Wartortle:L24
Pidgeot: L56

Those are just some but I have about 50, and I saw 156.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:16 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Dragonite17 wrote:
I don't really know what exactly I do in this situation so I'll just list the pokemon I have in the special pickachu edition.

Charizard: L76
Zapdos L65
Gyarados: L52
Pickachu: L34
Wartortle:L24
Pidgeot: L56

Those are just some but I have about 50, and I saw 156.

The Third Generation Rating Center is to get your team makeup and movesets evaluated by others, specifically for the games Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen. It sounds like you're referring to Pokemon Yellow, which would be appropriate for the Kanto Region forum, not Hoenn Region.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I need help with moves and items. I need to decide between blazken and camerupt. Also, I need one more pokemon, and I am considering replacing swellow too. Should I add glaccier, salamence, shiftry, flygon? what... also, i don't use legendaries, and this team is mainly for battling friends and as a general, decent team. my team is as follows.

blaziken(still leveling, need moves) - brave nature, blaze ability
-blaze kick
-
-
-

OR (should I level up blaziken so that I can have a fighting type as well, or should I keep camerupt?)

camerupt- modest, magma armor
-rock slide
-overheat
-Fire blast
- earthquake

Manectric- Lax nature, static ability
-Thunder
-Thunderbolt
-Quick Attack
-Bite

Swampert- Naughty nature, torrent ability, holds soft sand
-roar
-surf
-Earthquake
-Ice beam

Gardevoir- Hasty nature, trace ability
-calm mind
-confusion
-phsychic
-teleport

Swellow- Sassy nature, guts ability
-facade
-steel wing
-arial ace
- hidden power (any good replacement?)

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:30 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm a relatively inexperienced trainer, and my goal is to construct an in-game water-only team for Pokemon Emerald.

{swampert}
- Earthquake
- Muddy Water
- Take Down
- Brick Break

{wailord}
- Amnesia
- Water Spout
- Rest
- Blizzard

{tentacruel}
- Hyrdo Pump
- Screech
- Barrier
- Sludge Bomb

{starmie}
- Light Screen
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Surf

{gyarados}
- Hyper Beam
- Dragon Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Earthquake

{milotic}
- Hydro Pump
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Iron Tail

Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:36 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

First off, tell me if I missed anything:

I can do the following:

Change the Type of Pokémons
Change Ability
Change thier Attacks

**NOTE ABOUT PURE POWER SLAKING & OTHERS*

I don't know any good sets for them. Help?

If this isn't legal or something, tell me and I'll erase this post myself :mrgreen:

I'm working towards bulding a team with my favorite pokés:

Umbreon
Lugia
Vileplume
Poliwrath
Arcanine

The 6th slot coul be filled by many other pokémon, but I'm currently using Electabuzz, since I'm neutral torwards it.

Ahem; The team:

{umbreon}
Ability: Wonder Guard
Dark/Ghost
• Shadow Ball
• Bite
• Recover/???
• Confuse Ray

I love flinching, and Bite can do it, plus it's a Dark Attack. SB is just to take advantage of Wonder Guard, plus STAB.

{poliwrath}
Ability: Serene Grace (ALL of the attacks come with an added effect, and I'm taking advantage of that!)
Water/Fighting
• Roling Kick
• Water Pulse
• Ice Beam
• Sludge Bomb

Hhhhm. Well, Let's see. I can do the following:

1. Freeze them with Ice Beam right away (20% chance of Freezing)

Or:

2. Poison them(60% chance), Confuse them(40% chance) and Flinch them (60% chance)

It's mostly about the added effects, anything I do WILL do more than damage them. Poliwrath is a favorite of mine.

{vileplume}
Ability: Effect Spore
• Sludge Bomb
• Giga Drain
• Leech Seed
• Ingrain

MWAHAHAHAHH! Tanking Vile! Only that tough. Pretty good tough.

{arcanine}
Ability: Flame Body
• Flamethrower
• Crunch
• Double Team
• Needle Arm/Confuse Ray/Attract (Arcanine is female)

Well. I don't really know. Randomly came up with this.

{lugia}
Ability: Wonder Guard
• Aeroblast (PP Max'd)
• Confuse Ray
• Needle Arm - Acutally FLY, but only because I need a flyer, and because Aeroblast runs out of PP surprisingly often
• Recover

Same as 'Nine... Any help with this?

Sixth Slot: ???
Ablity: ???
Type: ???
• ???
• ???
• ???
• ???

Preferably should come with a status inflicting move and/or a flinching move. Will do anyway.

Last edited by Psy_Butterfree on Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:38 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Can I rate teams or something? Well... I'm GOOD not at rating. Tell me if I'm doing something wrong and I'll delete this post myself.

Pokemaster567 wrote:
I'm a relatively inexperienced trainer, and my goal is to construct an in-game water-only team for Pokemon Emerald.

{swampert} Awesome
- Earthquake
- Muddy Water
- Return
- Brick Break

{wailord}
- Amnesia
- Water Spout
- Rest
- Blizzard 70% accuracy... Can swap it for something else?

{tentacruel}
- Hyrdo Pump Uh... Can't you sneak in a Surf? It's got more PP
- Screech
- Barrier
- Sludge Bomb

{starmie} Awesome
- Light Screen
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Surf

{gyarados} Well, it's 4x weak to electric, and eletric is pretty common, so why not swap for Quagsire?... Can you even get Quagsire in Emerald?
- Hyper Beam 75 base power, basically. Swap it for return?
- Dragon Dance
- Surf
- Earthquake

{milotic}
- Surf
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Iron Tail

Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:46 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I need help with moves and items. Also, I need one more pokemon. also, i don't use legendaries, and this team is mainly for battling friends and as a general, decent team. my team is as follows.

blaziken(still leveling, need moves) - brave nature, blaze ability
-flamethrower
-sky uppercut
-slash
-bulk up

Manectric- Lax nature, static ability
-Thunder
-Thunderbolt
-flamethrower
-Bite

Swampert- Naughty nature, torrent ability, holds soft sand
-roar
-surf
-Earthquake
-Ice beam

Gardevoir- Hasty nature, trace ability
-calm mind
-hypnosis
-phsychic
-shadow ball

I'm leveling up a shelgon to get a salamence

The other pokemon is going to be: metang, walrein, glalie, absol, sudwoodo, or a ghost type

Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:58 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Nope, never again will I use this site as far as team rating. Sorry but you guys take wayyy too long for anything, much longer for a freaking response.

Last edited by Shedinjamaster800 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:20 am, edited 35 times in total.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:06 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Psy_Butterfree wrote:
Can I rate teams or something? Well... I'm GOOD not at rating. Tell me if I'm doing something wrong and I'll delete this post myself.

Pokemaster567 wrote:

{swampert} Awesome
- Earthquake
- Muddy Water
- Return
- Brick Break

{wailord}
- Amnesia
- Water Spout
- Rest
- Blizzard 70% accuracy... Can swap it for something else?

{tentacruel}
- Hyrdo Pump Uh... Can't you sneak in a Surf? It's got more PP
- Screech
- Barrier
- Sludge Bomb

{starmie} Awesome
- Light Screen
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Surf

{gyarados} Well, it's 4x weak to electric, and eletric is pretty common, so why not swap for Quagsire?... Can you even get Quagsire in Emerald?
- Hyper Beam 75 base power, basically. Swap it for return?
- Dragon Dance
- Surf
- Earthquake

{milotic}
- Surf
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Iron Tail

You can get quagsire, but only after the E4

Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next