It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
 ~Official GSC Rating Center~ 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

hm yeah sorry i've been away for a while and the gsc center seems a bit neglected but now that my browser no longer blocks this site i'll be happy to start rating teams here again :P (p.s. gsc is still the best imo so start posting teams heh)

to get things started i guess, ill post my own spankin' new gsc team up for a rate:

{alakazam} (F) @ Leftovers ** Sporks
- Psychic
- Recover
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave

Special powerhouse with nice paralysis and defense support.

{zapdos} @ Leftovers ** General Tso
- Drill Peck
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunder

Standard STalker. Really annoying to take down. Thunder > Tbolt in this case.

{cloyster} (M) @ Leftovers ** Davy Jones
- Explosion
- Icy Wind
- Spikes
- Surf

Spikes setup. Works nice with TTar (see below). Icy wind slows fast spinners and lets me explode first.

{charizard} (M) @ Leftovers ** St. George
- Belly Drum
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide

Standard Drummer. Surprise sweep after most opponents are slower or paralyzed.

{tyranitar} (M) @ Leftovers ** Panzer
- Dynamicpunch
- Pursuit
- Roar
- Rock Slide

Novelty set...kinda. 50% accuracy is annoying but when it hits, it causes amazing casualties. Nice switch-in on any psychic that's not Starmie.

{snorlax} (M) @ Leftovers ** Mao Zedong
- Double-Edge
- Fire Blast
- Lovely Kiss
- Selfdestruct

LK emo set. A bit suicidal but the sleep really helps. Fireblast is to get rid of any steel wall (e.g. Steelix, Skarmory, Forretress).

feel free to comment on anything from moves to nicks.

Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Rate these please :D this is my crystal team
{typhlosion}Lv.100
FireBlast
Thunderpunch
Dynamicpunch
Swift
{feraligatr} Lv.49
Surf
Icepunch
Screech
Rocksmash
{suicune}Lv.63
Surf
Blizzard
WaterFall
MirrorCoat
{espeon}Lv.64
Psychic
ShadowBall
Return
Flash
{scizor}Lv.67
Slash
Swordsdance
Agility
SteelWing

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:16 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Rate these please :D this is my crystal team
{typhlosion} Lv.100
FireBlast
Thunderpunch
Dynamicpunch
Swift

Dpunch is not as effective here and could be replaced with rest if you wish. Swift is ok for in-game but should be developed into EQ eventually to complement its role as a mixed sweeper.

{feraligatr} Lv.49
Surf
Icepunch
Screech
Rocksmash

you should really go for attk anyway to go with gatr's massive attack stat so EQ is a must. you can invest in rock slide over ice beam and then replace surf with hydropump as you will be hitting 1x or 0.5x pokemon on the switch with it because no one experienced will leave something like golem in anyway. screech is fine but curse as a replacement is also an option.

{suicune} Lv.63
Surf
Blizzard
WaterFall
MirrorCoat

surf and waterfall aren't needed together so replace the latter with rest. if you need a pseudo-hazer (which you seem to lack), invest in roar over mcoat. Ice beam over blizzard unless you want that little boost.

{espeon} Lv.64
Psychic
ShadowBall
Return
Flash

HMs are usually unrecommended on your fav battling pokemon. i usually pick up slaves on the road to HM for me (like wooper or voltorb) so ditch flash later at the move deleter for something useful. my fav set is still:

~growth
~psychic
~substitute
~baton pass

this thing is nice for passing subs and growths to your other sweepers and can also kill a lot of stuff on its own.

although an easier set to get in crystal is:

~sunny day
~hp fire
~morning sun
~psychic

it basically uses sun to heal and dish out more dmg with hidden power. works nice with typhlosion but could cripple your 2 waters. or just keep shadowball and add morning sun and hp fire over return and flash :P

{scizor} Lv.67
Slash
Swordsdance
Agility
SteelWing

this is a bit too easily countered by anything resistant with roar or fire. consider replacing agility with substitute to allow it at least an attack if something with fire shows up.

the team is decent individually but try picking pokemon based on roles. you have 2 special sweepers and 2 physical sweepers and only one real tank with no real hazers or healers. try to complement those weaknesses when you pick up a 6th pokemon.

EDIT: it wouldn't hurt to add anything that can cause status problems. LK nidoking can be a nice replacement for feraligatr and a miltank with body slam and heal bell can be a real pain in gsc.

Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:01 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

here is my team on pkmn crystal, dragonite knows extremespeed from a certain way I answered the dragon shrine questions

Lv. 100 Feraligatr @ Mystic Water
Ice Punch
Surf
Earthquake
Curse

Lv. 100 Dragonite @ dragon fang
Extremespeed
Hyper Beam
Dragon claw
Steel Wing

Lv. 100 Entei @ charcoal
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Flamethrower
Return

Lv. 100 Pidgeot @ sharp beak
Wing attack
Agility
Mirror Move
Detect

Lv. 100 Jolteon @ magnet
Thunderbolt
Double Team
Toxic
Protect

Lv. 100 Alakazam @ twisted spoon
Psychic
Barrier
Recover
Ice Punch

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:05 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

deoxys- I am not a rater here, nor do i have the time to hold 2 rating jobs, nor do I wnat 2 ratign jobs (school). However, Noone has replied to your request in 1 week, so I'll help....

Feraligatr - Almost never use the 10% move boosts, as they don't help THAT much. Anyway, Rock Slide > Ice punch (benefit from curse) don't know how to get rock slide? Male from Larvitar Family (that knows rock slide) + female from totodile family -> Rock Slide Feraligatr.

Dragonite - HyperBeam sucks in GSC. Oh, and there's no Dragon Claw. Breath, not Claw, though. Anyway, If you can get t-bolt and ice beam on to him, that'd be great. , Instead of SteelWing and Hyper Beam.

Entei - SunnyBeam is the best you'll do. Some like stomp, but you're good with the extra power.

Pidgeot - Its outclassed by Fearow, which is outclassed by Dodrio. THATS SAD! Consider replacing it...

Jolteon - See if you can get Agility and b-pass, through breeding. And, think of another attacking move, like HP Grass/Ice. If you have HP Water, thunder-dance, please.

Alakazam - You're good.

Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Okay here is my team for the Battle Tower.

{feraligatr}Lv.60@Leftovers
~Hydropump
~Icepunch
~Return
~Screech

{heracross}Lv.60@Quickclaw
~Megahorn
~Earhthquake
~Reversal
~Endure

{raikou}Lv.60@Berry
~Zapcannon
~Spark
~Irontail
~Reflect

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:42 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Are you willing to breed and invest $$ ?

Feraligatr:
~Surf > Hydro Pump
~Ice Beam > Ice Punch
~Rock Slide/HP Grass/HP Electric > Screech
~Crunch > Return

Heracross: Your good.

Raikou:
~T-bolt > Spark > ZapCannon
~Crunch > Iron Tail
~HP Ice should be in there. Either that or T-wave/HP Grass.
~Reflect stays.

Anyway, a reccomended team from Donald @Gamefaqs:

Donald wrote:
Machamp- Cross Chop, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Light Screen *Blackbelt*
Skarmory- Rest, Curse, Toxic, Drill Peck *Quick Claw*
Kingdra- Surf, Toxic, Ice Beam, Dragonbreath *Leftovers*

Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

But how am I going to be able to get Rockslide?

Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:19 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Male from T-tar family + breeding + female from totodile -> Rock Slide + crunch on Feraligatr.

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Heres my old silver team, but my whole file got deleted somehow and now im so bloody sad, anyways here they are:

Lugia Lv 100 Leftovers - I love his def and sp. def
Aero Blast - wiked move rite here
Surf
Pyschic
Recover

Tyranitar Lv 100 Leftovers - He is CRAZY strong! His attack was 378!
Earthquake
Hyper Beam - VERY good since it will kill the other pokemon bloody fast and then you can return it and send out someone eles
Crunch
Rock Slide

Gengar Lv 98 Leftovers - He is the definition of fast at 348
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Fire Punch
Ice Punch - for pesky ground

Typlosion Lv 100 Leftovers
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Submision
Thunder Punch

Feraligatr Lv 97 Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Crunch
Earthquake

Ho-Oh Lv 100 Leftovers - i got him at lv 40 and now his sp. def is the second highest
Sacred Fire - if you have ever seen this move its like OBLIVION
Shadow Ball
Giga Drain - very very useful against water and rock
Earthquake

Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:46 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

You poor thing - it must be because of a dead internal battery

Anyway, back to your rate - No, again, I'm not official, so i can't quote. But then again, the mods here are probably just so happy to see activity in here not counting as spam that they don't care.

Lugia - For an uber, it sort of lacks a good movepool. It does have a few things though - Curse, to boost the relatively sub-par defense. Plus, it boosts attack. Recover is good. So, Recover and Curse...2 more moves. Shadow Ball, Steel Wing/Iron Tail, Return, Aeroblast, Ancient Power. I'd go with aeroblast and shadow ball, simply for stab(aeroblast), and good power/coverage (shadow ball).

T-tar - things have changed since RBY. now, it is preffered to use another good normal move (Return - 102 power), because with hyper beam, you can't really switch out. Crunch would be good, as it is STABed (receives SameTypeAttackBonus), but the inferior Special attack hurts it. Instead, if you can try, get HP Flying (to test you hidden power, go here.

Gengar - you look good. Some put on Destiny Bond or Giga Drain instead of fire punch, but you're good.

Typhlosion - recoil from submission killed the move. instead, it was either rest @mint berry or Sunny Day @Leftovers. Anyway, if you had silver, how'd you get submission?

Feraligatr - Looks good. If you could have, i would have reccomended hp electric > EQ. But, it works.

Ho-Oh : yes, i've seen sacred fire, ive beaten gold before. SDef should be the highest, as that is its highest base stat. Now, Standard is t-bolt, EQ, flamethrower/sacred fire, and recover. However, it is important to mention it does sunny-beam, and dragon breath to back it up (Dragonite resisted fire and grass, so, yeah).

Overall, good team. Sorry I wrote so much. Good luck with the battery.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ok thanx again! and i got submission from crystel bcuz i also have crystel and i got it from there- good game crystel is but not as good as silver.
by the way wut is this dead battery thing and will it happen again? cuz i began to play silver again and the next time i played my file was deleted soemhow and i was actually pretty far again!- now i havent play silver in 6 months becuz my file got deleted again

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:15 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Anyway, the older games use batteries for memory, as opposed to memory devices (simpler ones are usb flash drives, floppys, etc). After 5 years or so, this battery dies. Like all batteries, when this battery dies, it needs to be replaced.

Go the link (first line of last post - cyan writing), and read what our beloved lite member has taken the liberty of writing.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:32 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

{haunter} @ quick claw. Level 37

Hypnosis
Curse
Thief
Shadow Ball

{butterfree} @ any good berry I find. Level 32

Sleep Powder
Poison Powder
Gust
Confusion

{typhlosion} Level 41

Cut
Rollout
Flame Wheel
Dynamicpunch

[/u]

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:58 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Haunter - First of all, please evolve... Next, it has poor to deplorable defensive capabilities. Intead, it should go offensive. T-bolt (Crystal move tutor/RBY TM), Ice Punch, Choose 2: Fire Punch/Giga Drain/Shadow Ball/Psychic. Also, change the item. Quick Claw really sucks. Use leftovers or a berry.

If you are dead-set on trapping, go for perish trapping. Mean Look, Perish song, Protect, and Shadow Ball.

Butterfree - Please choose something else. Its too frail so survive a hit, and not fast enough to get one in.

Typhlosion - Okay, Flamethrower > Flamewheel. Cut is a horrible move,
Return > Cut. Rollout sort of sucks, as does d-punch. Instead, go with t-punch and Earthquake

Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

YES I finally beat the Battle Tower with a Level 70 team.I have a few teams The first one is the one I actually used too beat it.

Team 1

{suicune}@Leftovers
~Surf
~Blizzard
~Mirror Coat
~WaterFall

{raikou}@Magnet
~Thunder
~Rain dance
~Crunch
~Reflect

{heracross}@Quickclaw
~Mega Horn
~Earthquake
~Reversal
~Endure

Team 2

{lugia}@Mystic Water
~Hydro Pump
~Recover
~Fly
~Swift

{espeon}@King's Rock
~Psychic
~Shadow Ball
~Hidden Power(Psychic)
~Flash

{scizor}@Focus Band
~Slash
~Swords Dance
~Steel Wing
~Cut

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:10 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

YES I finally beat the Battle Tower with a Level 70 team.I have a few teams The first one is the one I actually used too beat it.

Team 1

{suicune} @Leftovers
~Surf
~Blizzard
~Mirror Coat
~WaterFall
Blizzard is completely inaccurate, i'm surprised you could pull it off. I would have gone ice beam instead (Crystal tutor), or aurora beam/icy wind (if you had to). Rest should have been in there with mirror coat. Waterfall is an HM, so it automatically is sub-par to surf.

{raikou} @Magnet
~Thunder
~Rain dance
~Crunch
~Reflect
I would have gone with t-bolt and t-wave, or spark and hp ice/grass. Leftovers again. Reflect is good, and Crunch had good coverage back in gsc.

{heracross} @Quickclaw
~Mega Horn
~Earthquake
~Reversal
~Endure
The best you can really find, unfortunately. No real solid fighting moves, so this is good.

Team 2

{lugia} @Mystic Water
~Hydro Pump
~Recover
~Fly
~Swift
I prefer curse-gia, with curse, shadow ball, aeroblast (Silver, move relearner with stadium 2), and earthquake. steel wing or iron tail could have gone in there, too.

{espeon} @King's Rock
~Psychic
~Shadow Ball
~Hidden Power(Psychic)
~Flash
No need for hp psychic. Shadow ball off of a bad attack doesn't work well. Flash is sort of useless. Instead, I like the sunny day, hp fire, morning sun espeon.

{scizor} @Focus Band
~Slash
~Swords Dance
~Steel Wing
~Cut
If it had a better pool, it would do a bit better. You could run a passer (Steel wing, swords dance, agility, baton pass). You could run a sweeper (HP Bug, Steel Wing, Reversal, swords dance).

You probably should switch out Scizor for Machamp or skarmory. You may want another uber (Mewtwo, Mew, Ho-Oh).

Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:39 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Just beat all of Kanto --> 5 days

Lvl 60
Dragonite@DragonFang
Surf
Thunder
Wing Attack
Dragonbreath

lvl 51
Entai@Charcoal
Stomp<---Blergh
Flamethrower
Hyper Beam
Iron Tail

lvl 60
Feraligater@mystic water
surf
hydro pump
slash
icy wind

lvl 51
Lugia@leftovers
hydro pump
shadow ball
recover
giga drain
(I know im missing aeroblast or a flying attack lol.. stupid hm...)

lvl 71
Ho-Oh@sacred ash
fire blast
steel wing
recover
psychic

I found entai which messed my team but i love legendaries so... i kept him and on day 3, i just had to have dragonite so i wasted the whole day getting a dragonite b4 elite four

so how am i doing so far,
GOAL 1: All lvl 60^
GOAL 2: All lvl 70^

Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:06 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

L_L has returned, but he hasn't visited here (yet). So, I shall continue rating...

Dragonite: Thunder has 70% accuracy. Can you get t-bolt? What about ice beam instead of wing attack?

Entei: Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Flamethrower, ???? is the standard. HP Ice if you can get it, But stomp is a good option. Or return. Iron tail only has 75% accuaracy, and hyper beam is a 2 turn move (a nono).

Feraligatr: You have surf, why go with the inferior hydro pump? Also, do you know how to breed? If so, Crunch and Rock Slide from Larvitar family is good. Also, do you have Crystal? If so, Ice Beam > Icy Wind. If not, ice punch (higher base power, better accuracy).

Lugia: Curse, Aeroblast, Shadow Ball, Recover. That is the best physical lugia you can do. And, the attack = special attack.

Ho-Oh: Earthquake, T-bolt, Flamethrower/Sacred Fire, Recover. Psychic instead of t-bolt, if you can't get the crystal tutor, I suppose

You're doing quite well. Just make the recommended fixes, and you should be good to go.

PS - Beat Johto, Kanto, and Red in 3 days (thats 72hours).

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Just decided to turn on my Crystal Today and played for a bit.

{typhlosion}Lv.100 @Leftovers
~Flame Thrower
~HP *Water*
~Thunder Punch
~Dynamic Punch

{raikou}Lv.70 @Magnet
~Thunder Bolt
~HP *Dragon*
~Crunch
~Reflect

{suicune}Lv.70 @Mystic Water
~Ice Beam
~Surf
~Mirror Coat
~Rain Dance

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:45 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Just decided to turn on my Crystal Today and played for a bit.

{typhlosion}Lv.100 @Leftovers
~Flame Thrower
~HP *Water*
~Thunder Punch
~Dynamic Punch
Dynamic punch is horribly inaccurate. Instead, go with earthquake. HP Water is something a bit different, but Sunny day would do you much better.

{raikou}Lv.70 @Magnet
~Thunder Bolt
~HP *Dragon*
~Crunch
~Reflect
HP ICe > HP Dragon. But, alright. Lefties is best.

{suicune}Lv.70 @Mystic Water
~Ice Beam
~Surf
~Mirror Coat
~Rain Dance
If rain dance, switch this with raikou, and give raikou thunder. otherwise, get rid of rain dance, and give it roar/rest. @Leftovers again, please.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:42 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Searching for the place all the Abra teleport to. I'm going to crash their party.
Okay! Dug out my old gold version to check my team. I only use three pokemon, and here they are.

{espeon}
Psychic
Shadow ball
Morning sun
Double team

{umbreon}
Shadow ball
Mean look
Toxic
Moon light

{feraligatr}
Surf
Ice punch
Crunch
HP electric

Please rate, I want to know what I can do to make it better, because it's never lost.

Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Okay! Dug out my old gold version to check my team. I only use three pokemon, and here they are.

{espeon}
Psychic
Shadow ball
Morning sun
Double team
Shadow Ball runs off of the attack. Double team has no use on a sweeper. HP Fire > Shadow Ball, sunny day > Double team.

{umbreon}
Shadow ball
Mean look
Toxic
Moon light
Attack stats suck. Instead, go for confuse Ray > Shadow Ball. Rest > Moonlight, for pp.

{feraligatr}
Surf
Ice punch
Crunch
HP electric
Can you get ice beam from crystal? if so, ice beam > Ice punch. Good work with hp electric, though.

Please rate, I want to know what I can do to make it better, because it's never lost.

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:47 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

This is my little brother's Pokemon Gold team. I want to see how well he does.

{meganium} Lv.32|@Bitter Berry
~Razor Leaf
~Body Slam
~Reflect
~Synthesis

{feraligatr} Lv.30|@PsnCureBerry
~Hydro Pump
~Surf
~Bite
~Cut

{onix} Lv.23|@Bitter Berry
~Rock Throw
~Screech
~Harden
~Tackle

{machop} Lv.21|@Quick Claw
~Low Kick
~Karate Chop
~Seismic Toss
~Rock Smash

{sudowoodo} Lv.20|@Ice Berry
~Rock Throw
~Strength
~Low Kick
~Flail

{togepi} Lv.16|@Sharp Beak
~Growl
~Charm
~Metronome

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:36 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

OK so i'm doing this tournament...the rules are:
Gold/Silver only (no Crystal trades, which means no Move Tutor)
No RBY trades
No legendaries
No held items
No cheats.

My team isn't to this point yet but I plan on using:

Jolteon:
-Thunder Wave
-Roar
-Thunder
-HP

Forretress:
-Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Sandstorm
-Explosion

Heracross:
-Megahorn
-Rock Slide
-Endure
-Reversal

Kingdra:
-Blizzard
-Surf
-Attract
-Dragonbreath

Umbreon
-Moonlight
-Toxic
-Confuse Ray
-Mean Look

Snorlax
-Curse
-Return
-Rest
-Earthquake

Jolteon's my starter and with Roar and Thunder Wave I was thinking about him being a pseudo-hazer/shuffler that can use Thunder if needed (can't get Thunderbolt since there's no crystal).
Forretress is an obvious spiker, Heracross is my physical sweeper with Endure/Reversal, Kingdra is a special sweeper, Umbreon is a tank/Mean Look/Toxic pokemon, Snorlax is an offensive tank of sorts.

That being said, what changes should I make?

I was considering replacing Heracross with Tauros or Machamp because of Tauros' speed and normal type and Machamp's Cross Chop...Tauros doesn't have a fighting move that I need to take out Blisseys and Snorlaxes and Miltanks and such.

Kingdra is another one that doesn't look as good as I thought it would. Should I replace it with something like a Houndoom (Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Solarbeam, Pursuit) or a Starmie (Confuse Ray, Surf, Recover, Thunder Wave)...or possibly an Alakazam with Psychic and Thunder/Ice/Firepunch as a fast special sweeper.

Umbreon is solid, but Snorlax is questionable...Do I need a Blissey or Miltank thing going on in my party?

If you can think of anything else, please let me know. Thank you!

Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next