It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Starters? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I am starting a new game and hopefully going to play it legit without any gameshark this time. I was wondering why I can never get bulbasaur with good DV's, I keep restarting and I look for a Modest nature and atleast SA:13
and SD:13, but I never get anything highter than HP:19 AT:9 DEF:11 SA:13(usually lower) SD:12(usually lower) SPEED:9

Im not really much for speed on him because hes going to be used as a drainer and his s.attack and defense need to be high. I wasnt sure if they only had limits like a certain number of DV combos for MODEST nature because I have reset my game like seriously 150 times and tried over and over to get higher DVS but it doesnt work! Whats up with that???

Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:38 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I don't think DVs affect the initial stats very much. They affect the maximum possible eventual value of the stats. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't remember DVs too well >.>

Last edited by sN0wBaLL on Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:17 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

No, they should affect my stats because your starters start out with 0 effort value and you can have maximum of 31 for a DV(AKA:IV) Using psypokes dv calulator you can put in the pokemon name, level and nature and its stats and it will show you the possible DV's of that pokemon, obviously the higher the level the pokemon the higher the accuracy, so in the case of only a level 5 you get a range of numbers showing the users possible DV's. If i had the highest possible DVS for a nuetral natured Bulbasaur, i should have 14 for Special Attack, but I never EVER EVER get 14. Now I know the chances are slim that you get DV of 31, but what i was asking was if it was even possible on your starter pokemon to get a DV value of 31. I dont know if i should stick with whatever i get and wait to breed for my DV's or not? Basically does anyone know if it is possible to get 31 point DV when picking your starters?

Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:34 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

sry about this being of the topic of the bulbasure but i've been seeing it a lot of plays but what are EV's and DV's?????

*so confussled~* :shock:

Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:36 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

but what are EV's and DV's?????

DV Guide: http://psypokes.com/lab/dvguide.php
EV Guide: http://psypokes.com/lab/evguide.php
A topic about EVs: http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3829

Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]