It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 evasion noobs -_- 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

seriously ppl,stop spamming double team sand attack and smoke screen,its annoying and cheap,no one likes it when not a single one of theyre moves will hit,so stop spamming it for pete's sake!!! :frustrated:

Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Double Team and Minimize are banned from competitive play here at Psypokes, and you can easily solve the problem of your own Accuracy dropping by switching out the Pokemon to refresh its stat changes. Please don't post over-generalizations like this in the future, even minimal flaming is not appreciated.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:34 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The dang NPCs need to read this. Koga! Janine! If you're out there, we hate you!

Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:37 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

finaly someone who feels my pain :D

Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Honestly, it's a valid strategy, though. I mean, have you ever heard the saying, "The best defense is not to be where the attack is?" (or something like that). I don't really use evasion that much, simply because it can take FOREVER to boost it enough to the point where it's effective; and in that time, I probably could've KO'd the opponent anyway.

But I agree that it's annoying. I just think that it's valid to boot.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

There's a difference between moving out of the way of an incoming fist and granting yourself a probability-based chance to be untouchable by fists. Yeah, it's valid though, as far as the game's rules being THE rules goes. This is a JRPG we're talking about.

I think the player-made rule is that increasing your own evasion (minimize, double team--what TT said) is not allowed but cutting your opponent's accuracy (Flash, Sand Attack) is. Or at least it was at some point.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Lt. Surge and Karen need to read this post too. Lt. Surge killed my Lugia because his Magneton kept using Double Team. And when I challenged Karen, my Entei could almost never hit Karen's Umbreon...but at least it ran out of Payback and Faint Attack pretty quick thanks to Entei's Pressure :D

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:17 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Foresight, Odor Sleuth, or Miracle Eye for Double Team.
Also, a Never Miss Attack solves the problem.
Of course, if you using a Pokémon that doesn't know any of these moves, Double Team and Sand-Attack are very annoying.
But the worst is when the enemy uses Double Team or Sand Attack once and you miss a lot. Unfortunately, that happened to me.

"

Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:09 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

In my opinion this is a perfectly valid (although devilish) strategy. There's nothing more fun than sending out Gengar with Hypnosis, Double Team, Dream Eater and Toxic... although in retro Pokemon Stadium games only one Pokemon could be asleep at a time so switching out blocks the strategy XP Mean Look, come here.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:16 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Why not Mean Look + Perish Song? It's much more effective and you can focus on epic stalling =P

I know as far as in-game strategy goes, I tend to play very aggressively - hit them before I fall myself; as a result I don't often see Double Team get more than 1 or 2 off. If it does, I cross my fingers and hope I hit. Usually it works.

Not 100% true in every case, though - at times I do sometimes have to pack a never-miss move; Aerial Ace is the one I use the most commonly.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:20 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

@ DNA: I also find Shock Wave to be useful against NPCs that spam moves like Double Team. Plus, many Pokemon that employ said strategy tend to be flying types, resulting in SE damage. And people, just FWI, evasion is much worse in Gen 5 now that minimize grants +2 evasion.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun May 06, 2012 6:16 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
@ DNA: I also find Shock Wave to be useful against NPCs that spam moves like Double Team. Plus, many Pokemon that employ said strategy tend to be flying types, resulting in SE damage. And people, just FWI, evasion is much worse in Gen 5 now that minimize grants +2 evasion.

Enter the flying rodent named Emolga!
@Squasho: Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Double Team, AND Toxic? How is that supposed to work? There can only be one status effect on a pokemon at a time, not counting infatuation and confusion, so... Durr?

Goodbye
"

Sun May 06, 2012 9:19 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Not every Pokémon can be put to sleep (Insomnia ability), and some are immune to Poison (Poison or Steel types). You don't play both Hypnosis and Toxic with Squasho's moveset; you pick which ever one is most appropriate for the situation. It makes sense to me, although there is a glaring weakness to Taunt there. :oops:

Back on topic, I say so long as it doesn't glitch or exploit the game somehow, like Sky Drop in Gen V, it should be fair game. There are plenty of moves that counter or negate evasion modifiers; it's just a matter of putting them in your moveset. I have a Magneton with Lock-On that laughs at Double Teamers. 8-)

Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:32 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Samurott wrote:

I hate you.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:09 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I remember playing through SS and being plagued by the evasion noobs. In the Burned Tower, Silver spammed Smokescreen and made the battle last forever, and in the rematch with Blue, his Pidgeot spammed Double Team. Only my Meganium with Magical Leaf could hit it :frustrated:

Sprite Collection

Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DNA wrote:
Samurott wrote:

I hate you.
:objection:
No you don't. :p

Goodbye
"

Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:04 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

You presented no proof of your accusation; for that, I must issue you a penalty.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Disbar him.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:33 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:

Use {rapidash}* with Stomp for Minimize: Same accuracy (or more, I don't remember) And double damage!
*There are many other Pokemon who use Stomp, like {ponyta} and {rapidash}
No, really, there is also {girafarig}, {donphan}, {tauros}, etc.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:31 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Stomp ignores Minimize and doubles in power, yes.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Since when are Double Team and Minimize banned from tournaments?
Urgh I remember one guy in the E4 on Emerald whose Ludicolo kept using Double Team, that was the only hard pokemon in the E4 on that game. T_T

Image (by Ender)

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:21 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

khoufu wrote:

On Smogon and online simulators since they've existed, that's when.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DNA wrote:
khoufu wrote:

On Smogon and online simulators since they've existed, that's when.

Hm. I entered one online tournament ever and no one said anything about banned moves, though everyone complained about my Dragonite's Outrage. '_'

Image (by Ender)

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:18 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

As DNA alluded to, it's mainly in 3rd-party online communities (Smogon) where move restrictions and clauses are in effect. Official tournaments tend to be less restrictive when it comes to what tactics can be employed, typically only outlawing moves which have the potential to break the game somehow, a la Sky Drop.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:58 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hm, just give me regular tournament rules, but let me use stuff that's over lv 50 since it's wi-fi. Any evasive pokemon must be popular in tournaments.

Image (by Ender)

Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next