It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Help Needed: Missed Tidal Bell First Time in Ecruteak City 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I somehow missed claiming the Tidal Bell during my first visit to Ecruteak City. I've gone back there, but the Kimono Girls are all gone and and I don't know what to do. I know -- I'm pathetic! I'm a befuddled 50-year-old newbie. I'd appreciate any help you could offer.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:42 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Yeah...The Tidal Bell doesn't exist in the remakes, Suicune is simply obtained by encountering it on certain routes in a specific order throughout both Johto & Kanto & then after that it is catchable on Route 25...

You must be talking about Crystal Version which this section just isn't for, hope I helped...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:01 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thanks for the advice. I am indeed playing Soul Silver. I'm looking for the Tidal Bell in order to capture Lugia. Here's a quote from a walkthrough (many SS/HG walkthroughs say this same thing):

Quote:
After beating them all [the Kimono Girls], they'll reward you with the Clear Bell (HeartGold) or the Tidal Bell (SoulSilver), an item that will let you summon Ho-oh or Lugia if you have the appropriate item (depends on your version).

I've got no Tidal Bell and the Kimono Girls are nowhere to be found. Anyone know what's up?

Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:37 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm pretty sure it's the feather they give you in HG/SS; the bells only come into use when you catch the other version's mascot, if I remember correctly.

*checks*

According to this site's walkthrough, you need all eight badges, then you have to go back to New Bark Town and talk to Prof. Elm to fight the Kimono girls. Hope this helps!

Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:42 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Oh! Now I remember, well, once you obtain all 8 badges, go talk to Prof. Elm, he should have called you sometime after getting the 8th Badge officially, once you meet him in his lab, he will mention that the kimono girls want to meet with you about something, before that he gives you the Master Ball & after that you go to Ecruteak City's Dance Theatre & there they will be waiting for you to battle 1 at a time, all in a row & they are tougher then they were in GSC so beware, after beating them, they give you the item needed to catch Lugia if Soul Silver is the game or the item for Ho-oh if Heart Gold is the game.

The Tidel Bell is Lugia's SS Item & Clear Bell is Ho-oh's HG Item, The Leader of Team Rocket's forces in HGSS gives you the Rainbow Wing/Silver Wing based on which version you have & both of these are needed to catch Ho-oh/Lugia respectively...

Hope we helped...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:26 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thank you so much! I was just doing things a little out of order. I'm doing great now!

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]