It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:02 pm



Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Question about Suicune in soul silver 
Author Message
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:26 am
Posts: 8
Are suicune's ivs randomly generated, so I can soft reset the game repeatedly until I get one with good stats? Or are they pre determined? Im asking this because right now Im at Lugia and I dont want to use my masterball on him unless I cant gamble suicune's stats like I can with Lugia.
Help please,
Thanks
~Airisu

_________________
Aisu
FC: 4169 1737 1358


Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:30 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 1:17 am
Posts: 563
Yes, they are randomly generated. If you are into RNG abuse, make sure that you go after Suicune on a route with no NPC's in order to hit your seed properly. There are only a handful of pokemon with a set value IP, neither Lugia or Suicune are one of them.


Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:28 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Zero Cool wrote:
Yes, they are randomly generated. If you are into RNG abuse, make sure that you go after Suicune on a route with no NPC's in order to hit your seed properly. There are only a handful of pokemon with a set value IP, neither Lugia or Suicune are one of them.


Suicune is caught on a platform on Route 25 & there is no other place that you can catch it like in Crystal how it was only catchable on the first floor of the Bell Tower with the "Clear Bell"(is that right?)...

So NPC's are not really an issue here as you can't do anything about them if there are any there anyway which I don't think there are...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:11 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 1:17 am
Posts: 563
Lawence Codye wrote:
Zero Cool wrote:
Yes, they are randomly generated. If you are into RNG abuse, make sure that you go after Suicune on a route with no NPC's in order to hit your seed properly. There are only a handful of pokemon with a set value IP, neither Lugia or Suicune are one of them.


Suicune is caught on a platform on Route 25 & there is no other place that you can catch it like in Crystal how it was only catchable on the first floor of the Bell Tower with the "Clear Bell"(is that right?)...

So NPC's are not really an issue here as you can't do anything about them if there are any there anyway which I don't think there are...

If you fail to catch it there you can catch it on the first floor of the Burned Tower, which I believe there are NPC's you can't see on the top floor that can affect your seed. Or so I have read in an RNG guide. As for doing anything about them, if you talk very quickly after you exit the pause menu it wont affect your seed.


Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:40 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Zero Cool wrote:
If you fail to catch it there you can catch it on the first floor of the Burned Tower, which I believe there are NPC's you can't see on the top floor that can affect your seed. Or so I have read in an RNG guide. As for doing anything about them, if you talk very quickly after you exit the pause menu it wont affect your seed.


Even though I don't think Airisu will fail to catch it in it's first location, that is still needed & helpful information & now answers the question completely I would think, hope we helped, Airisu...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:05 am
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:26 am
Posts: 8
Yes you all did, thanks a lot!! ^^ One more question though, is there a way to get more master balls in the game?

_________________
Aisu
FC: 4169 1737 1358


Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:03 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Airisu wrote:
Yes you all did, thanks a lot!! ^^ One more question though, is there a way to get more master balls in the game?


Either by getting a complete matching ID with the ID that comes up in the lottery in Goldenrod City on any day as it's the only other way to get a Master Ball besides your first 1...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:52 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.