It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 B/W characters...What do you think? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

These are the male and female characters of Black and white, I took the images off the Japanese official Pokemon site...They are supposed to be older than any characters played as before...What's everyones opinion?

Sun May 16, 2010 5:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like the boy the girl is alright, could be prettier

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Sun May 16, 2010 7:53 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ehh w/e, but I do deep down hope this means the themes in the game will mature as well

Sun May 16, 2010 7:58 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'd totally nail that chick. LOL j/k

Sun May 16, 2010 8:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

puck269 wrote:
I'd totally nail that chick. LOL j/k

some one wont be here for long xD

and i have to say that this is a major improvement over dawn but not quiet as good as may or the crystal chick.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sun May 16, 2010 9:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm glad they look more mature

It sort seemed odd for ash to always be hanging around with 10 year olds like May, lyra and dawn. Heck even a little creepy

Even though they seem to slow down his ageing in anime He is at least 18 based on all the time passage references given in the show, For real time Hes almost 25.
besides it means Game freak is adjusting its target audience upward. Maybe there will less 'kid friendly' pokemon and more 'epic' ones

this may also mean that they are moving further toward competive play

Sun May 16, 2010 10:20 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Quote:
Even though they seem to slow down his ageing in anime He is at least 18 based on all the time passage references given in the show, For real time Hes almost 25.
besides it means Game freak is adjusting its target audience upward. Maybe there will less 'kid friendly' pokemon and more 'epic' ones

Nonsense, children between the ages of 6 and 12 will always be the target audience of Pokemon. I don't really expect much change besides the trainers being a few years older.

That said, the new trainers are pretty cool looking.

Mon May 17, 2010 11:51 am
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

/vXv\ wrote:

He is 23 in the anime, max, and the anime does not run concurrently with the passage of real time. It did in Kanto, but that's it. There's no way that Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh each took Ash three years to finish when Kanto was over and finished for him in about 15 months. I could buy Ash maybe being 16 under the logic that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh all took over a year and Orange Islands/Battle Frontier took another year combined. But there's no way that Ash is 23 based on his current design.

Anyway, Ash aging has nothing to do with the ages of the main characters of Black and White anyway because they're two totally different canons. Dawn was portrayed as almost equal to Ash in screentime in DP and she's still ten in both the games and in the anime, so Ash being forced to age to juxtapose him as an experienced Trainer against the clueless chick of the Region that joins him doesn't mean the fanbase is growing more mature.

And seriously, for how much more "mature" the BW trainers look compared to past mains, they're probably about 12 or 13 tops.

Mon May 17, 2010 1:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I know the target audence for pokemon is 6-12 and it will stay that way, but The video games seemed to moving toward older audences, as the older players are more capable of utilizing the games deeper mechanics Like the competitive battling.

Mon May 17, 2010 1:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't see how they can even look "older" and more "mature". They look the same as the rest of the characters.

Also, I like to look at the aging this way. Every Generation is a new year. That would make Ash 14, which makes sense.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Mon May 17, 2010 2:12 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

So long as the girl isnt as whiny a Dawn, as stupid as May, and as tomboy as Misty I'm ok.

Mon May 17, 2010 3:41 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

They should let you edit the trainer's outfit/appearance. The body style would be set at the start of the adventure during your chat with Professor (insert species of tree here). After that, you could buy new cloths at the Department store in Isshu. Or, both could be determined by a survey ala Mystery Dungeon.

Edit: OMG my Siggy dissapeared XO

Mon May 17, 2010 4:26 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Damn I'm late again...I mean, I don't think the trainers look all that older either, I see then as being 14 as trainers of other regions were between 10 & 12 so yeah, no older then 14 & I think the Female trainer looks awesome & not just compared to Dawn, the Male trainer looks Awesome as well but I like the Female trainer better in general, he is a epic improvement over the Gen 4's trainer...

The flaws here to me is that they look TOO TOO simular to the Gen 4 trainers (come on Gamefreak, give us more of a difference next time) & & umm, nothing else really except the Male trainers Eye colot which sucks, also here is their full bodies below (I took the liberty of doing this with everything there until sometime in the future)...

Attachment:
IsshuTrainers.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon May 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So Pokemon, an animated game series, can dress up their main female lead in a tank top and short shorts but Miley Cyrus gets yelled at for the same thing?

I'm lost on that logic.

Back on track: The boy looks like a semi-emo home schooled (no disrespect) 13 year old.

The girl could pass as a 13-17 year old.

Despite the fact her hat and hair make her look older; her lack of "mammary glands" still shout 11-13 year old.

Compared to Misty, Dawn, Crystal she looks older.

Compared to May they are about the same.

Please don't ban this: It is a sincere analysis of the female's age.

And don't look this up on Google without safe search! xD

Mon May 17, 2010 9:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

hmmm, they both look better than gen four, if you ask me. the stupid beret thing for the guy in that gen pissed me off... the girl definitely looks older, i'd say 13-14 (@kingerick: hey, some girls are late bloomers... don't ban this either, it's logical), but the guy looks about the same as before, as far as age. the customizable clothing would be cool, but i think that might provide for problems, like battling over wifi, someone might start bullying based off of your avatar's "fashion." i think they'll remain with those outfits...

Tue May 18, 2010 1:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wi-fi uses other trainer avatars IE cool trainer(M/F), roughie, school boy, hiker, gentleman, Lass, Idol, beauty, socilite

Tue May 18, 2010 1:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I like em... the male more so than the female. I'm hoping that B/W will move towards more mature themes than some of the recent games, as a way to cater to some of the hardcore, longtime fans of the series. The male hero reflects that. The female character could be a bit more... mature.

http://obeliskgfx.wordpress.com

Tue May 18, 2010 2:12 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I think they both look older & that is good enough for me though I see some things in regards to the female trainer that brings me to believe that she is not portraying it enough which I agree but I will not state any reasons why for what is a really good reason...

Also, my bad for the slightly low quality as that is a JPEG image & not a PNG image cause I can't use PNG images as desktops or for other things on my laptop so...if you want a PNG instead, speak now or forever hold your peace...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Tue May 18, 2010 3:10 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Wi-fi uses other trainer avatars IE cool trainer(M/F), roughie, school boy, hiker, gentleman, Lass, Idol, beauty, socilite

yeah, but you can't choose which one you get.... can you?? (i don't use wifi, so idk; with the wireless adapter it was random) either way, it's still not quite the same as choosing ur own stuff.
i do want more mature themes (let's avoid death in everyday pokemon, tho, as i would be traumatized to have my prized pokemon be put in a graveyard) but it'll never get too extreme; there's also young fans out there who just couldn't handle it to think about. but if you think about it, most of the baddies have some srsly evil goals in mind; the way they're executed is what makes them mellow. for instance, cyrus wanted to end the world, which is pretty hardcore. but all you have to do is fight him and the lgame's legendary, and, boom, world saved. so i guess it just really depends on how you define mature. however, maybe these characters could find a minor love interest, or face a family crisis in this game (dad gets sick, these two go out with pokemon to protect themselves while they look for a cure; has promise, no??).

Tue May 18, 2010 3:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Here is a question:

Is it going to annihilate younger fans if they put in a 17 year old guy who doesn't look like a dork and a 17 year old girl who has a chest and can be taken seriously for the main characters?

What do you think?

Tue May 18, 2010 5:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

KingErick wrote:
Here is a question:

Is it going to annihilate younger fans if they put in a 17 year old guy who doesn't look like a dork and a 17 year old girl who has a chest and can be taken seriously for the main characters?

What do you think?

As long as their target audience remains the same, they have no reason to make the characters younger in my opinion.

Oh on a side note, how about the Anime Series be directed towards the little kids, and the game, which involves complicated calculations for many things, be aimed towards older teens? I think that makes more sense. I mean what kind of a young kid's game involves in depth hidden numbers and such? Its time the themes and interactions within the game reflect the formula behind competitive battling and mature some.

Tue May 18, 2010 5:51 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Quote:
how about the Anime Series be directed towards the little kids, and the game, which involves complicated calculations for many things, be aimed towards older teens?

YES!!!!!!1!1!!! That makes sense!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue May 18, 2010 5:57 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

KingErick wrote:

I was going to speak of the issues with the female character's bust size (especially compared to her head size) but I know what will happen if I did that (RIOT!) so I held back...oh & I agree on all accounts, this would in no way cause an younger fan apocolypse & it should have been done, especially in the female trainer's cases cause she looks a bit fake without those adjustments being that height with those clothes on & the male looks like he is wearing mix matched clothes due to his hair being the exact same color as his eyes (that's not how people with simular eye & hair color should match their clothes colors)...

& I for one do want more mature themes as they already tipped the bandwagon with the senario that occured in Lavender town & in Celedon City & some other places in RGBY...it's getting too kiddy considering it's rated E for everyone & all...

Wed May 19, 2010 12:20 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Honestly the pokemon Anime has lost like all its meaning, unless they can make an amazing comeback, just setting a goal for an older target audience isn't going to work...

Wed May 19, 2010 4:29 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Team Rocket, Ash and Pikachu all ruined the series for me.

Back OT, I don't see the age difference at first glance. If there was a difference, perhaps it's just about a year or two.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Wed May 19, 2010 7:46 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 199 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next