It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Anyone find that the enemy Pokemon evade a lot? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've only been playing for a lil bit at my 5 badge and I've been noticing that the other Pokemon sure do like to evade. Anybody having the same dilemma?

it gets so annoying!

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:47 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I don't really know but the gps says to make a illegal u-turn I wonder if it's a bug type
Yeah I have too so I do it back to them and use double team and no miss moves

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:16 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I haven't noticed that at all, but i have noticed that I get a lot more critical hits on normal moves and so do my opponents.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:27 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
It always seems like your opponent is pretty much always getting the good end of the deal in regards to Accuracy & Evasion...

But I have always noticed more then that that my starter is always at the receiving end of the same random critical hit scenario everytime the situation is right & this is just based off of the default Critical Hit Ratio which annoys the :censored: out of me...

I am always done setting up a possible win against the opponent & then their attack gets a incredibly lame critical hit which always happens at that time, period, without fail! It is just not :censored: right in any way under any circumstances that it ALWAYS happens but I guess it's just oh well, stupid :censored: ...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
It always seems like your opponent is pretty much always getting the good end of the deal in regards to Accuracy & Evasion...

But I have always noticed more then that that my starter is always at the receiving end of the same random critical hit scenario everytime the situation is right & this is just based off of the default Critical Hit Ratio which annoys the :censored: out of me...

I am always done setting up a possible win against the opponent & then their attack gets a incredibly lame critical hit which always happens at that time, period, without fail! It is just not :censored: right in any way under any circumstances that it ALWAYS happens but I guess it's just oh well, stupid :censored: ...

My case exactly, including the :censored: part. Maybe the whatever-the-thing-is-called-that-decides-whether-a-move-is-a-critical-hit-or-not had an energy drink the day before B/W came out. It worked good for 5 hours, then crashed horribly. Arrrrggg!!! :frustrated: I hate this!

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:53 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

OMG! i came acroose a very :censored: stupid thing while playing....my pokemon were at full health and the enemy used aqua jet...critcal hit then it fainted...and the same thing happend to my entier team...like are the makers of pokemon trying to make our pokemon suffer or somthing?

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

xlegoboyx wrote:
OMG! i came acroose a very :censored: stupid thing while playing....my pokemon were at full health and the enemy used aqua jet...critcal hit then it fainted...and the same thing happend to my entier team...like are the makers of pokemon trying to make our pokemon suffer or somthing?

Aqua Jet, right? Did you only have Fire, Rock, and/or Ground-types? But I agree with all the critical hits. In my copy of Black, the AI get critical hits every other turn. I can count the number of critical hits I gotten in Black on one hand. Isn't that sad?

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

... Critical ratios seem fine to me... :roll:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:34 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Mr. Dude wrote:
My case exactly, including the :censored: part. Maybe the whatever-the-thing-is-called-that-decides-whether-a-move-is-a-critical-hit-or-not had an energy drink the day before B/W came out. It worked good for 5 hours, then crashed horribly. Arrrrggg!!! :frustrated: I hate this!

There was a "Good 5 Hours", heh, I sure didn't notice it :frustrated: ...

Mr. Dude wrote:
xlegoboyx wrote:

Aqua Jet, right? Did you only have Fire, Rock, and/or Ground-types? But I agree with all the critical hits. In my copy of Black, the AI get critical hits every other turn. I can count the number of critical hits I gotten in Black on one hand. Isn't that sad?

The pokemon of 5th Gen for the most part are fragile during the story line stat wise, go check, you will see I'm right...

That being said, 6 critical hits in a row, ok, now seriously, somebody was drunk soundly when they did the coding for this game, period & yes, that is real sad, at least on occasion I get some critical hits back but not many of them though I can count more then 10 of them, most of them didn't matter at all...

Arekasune wrote:
... Critical ratios seem fine to me... :roll:

The madness! :o ...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:45 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I defenitely think that it's messed up. I've got this empoleon I migrated a while back and so far it's hydro cannon has NEVER hit! every time I use it it misses! Furthermore, My hydriegon knows outrage which confuses the user after 2/3 turns although from this confusion he has only ever hurt himself two times and always snaps out after two turns! This game is seriously messed up! :o

Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:21 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Mr. Dude wrote:
xlegoboyx wrote:

Hmm...Whenever I play, that doesn't happen to me. I get critical hits more so than my opponents get on me. Call me lucky, but my crit to crit ratio is probably this: Every 1 critical hit I take I get around 5 critical hits back. And this is just general gameplay, NOT against trainers.

To cause a fright...

Face the Darkness...BURNING NIGHTMARE!" - Gandor, Emperor of Shadow and the Son of The Fallen One

Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:07 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I hate the moves that work like Outrage in PO cause they always hit 3 times flawlessly without discussion & that is not how they are ingame what so ever, they are too powerful like that imo...

Ingame however, the only problem I have with them is that it seems that they barely ever hit only 2 times before causing confusion, that is it...

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

After playing through White, I went back and played Emerald again. Compared to Emerald, moves that had less than 100 accuracy in White definitely seemed to miss more frequently.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:36 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Not so much for me.. just that it seems every two or three steps I'm in a fight in some areas.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:24 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Noxious Nyx wrote:
Not so much for me.. just that it seems every two or three steps I'm in a fight in some areas.

It does seem like the in cave & on water encounter rates were cracked up a tad bit this Gen & I mean that as stated, it gets a bit ridiculous at times & I end up actually buying Repels which is not my style at all just to deal with it when it gets like that which is very often :? ...

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:15 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
It does seem like the in cave & on water encounter rates were cracked up a tad bit this Gen & I mean that as stated, it gets a bit ridiculous at times & I end up actually buying Repels which is not my style at all just to deal with it when it gets like that which is very often :? ...

Yeah.. or learn that in certain areas, some pokemon are stronger against certain types, so I'd use it to an advantage. .-. Slow process, and often tedious when you need ethers or pp up.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Even more annoying than the perfectly timed critical hits is sleep and confusion. The computer's pokemon stay asleep for 1 turn, 2 if you're lucky. Yours are out of commission for about five. And confusion is even worse. You normally hit yourself about 70% of the time. The worst was when a computer pokemon used swagger on my reuniclus, it hit itself five turns in a row, finally snapped out, got swaggered again, and hit itself 4 more times for a ko. After i had used calm mind five :censored: times.

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:01 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Blastiose_ex wrote:
Even more annoying than the perfectly timed critical hits is sleep and confusion. The computer's pokemon stay asleep for 1 turn, 2 if you're lucky. Yours are out of commission for about five. And confusion is even worse. You normally hit yourself about 70% of the time. The worst was when a computer pokemon used swagger on my reuniclus, it hit itself five turns in a row, finally snapped out, got swaggered again, and hit itself 4 more times for a ko. After i had used calm mind five :censored: times.

Yeah, Confusion has always been rigged big time in favor of your opponent unless not against the AI but as for the Sleep thing, even with the accuracy of the moves that put pokemon to Sleep I have been getting the short end of the stick & yes, I have also been screwed over by both Sleep & Confusion causing a pokemon to faint unfairly even by random standards, I am never able to truly set up anymore without a Critical Hit magically happing 100% of the time when I am using Serperior(my starter 1) I mean it is just flawlessly executed. I don't know what improvements they made to the RNG but it wasn't the best idea in the world, I can say that at least...

THey better catch on to this & fix it come 6th Gen or later 5th Gen or I don't know, I just don't know...

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:25 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

It happens a lot in the battle subway, like my terrakion missed rock slide on chansey, then chansey did metronome to me and it used Horn drill and 1 hit koed me I laughed so hard but it sucked cause I lost to hax!

Sat May 28, 2011 7:24 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Algradon wrote:
It happens a lot in the battle subway, like my terrakion missed rock slide on chansey, then chansey did metronome to me and it used Horn drill and 1 hit koed me I laughed so hard but it sucked cause I lost to hax!

Yes it does, though I am more so talking about the Sleep thing Blastiose_ex mentioned but also the Critical Hit thing as well, it is madness I tell you, MADNESS!! :frustrated: ...

I can't even deal with the Battle Subway right now due to that, poor Butterfree...Sleep Powder not keeping pokemon to sleep for more then 1 turn after the turn it is used ever, Set Up attempts no matter how big or how small immediately followed by a outrageously lucky Critical Hit which is :censored: cause it happens all the time, even in the Battle Subway...

Mon May 30, 2011 1:03 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, I think I know why this is. From what I heard, the AI has this thing called "hax", meaning if they use focus blast, for example, that 70% accuracy would be about 95% after hax :censored: . But hax can also affect your Pokemon, like if you used focus blast, your accuracy would be down at about 50% :frustrated: . That's why I perfer to use Pokemon Online or fight real people.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:05 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yog wrote:
Well, I think I know why this is. From what I heard, the AI has this thing called "hax", meaning if they use focus blast, for example, that 70% accuracy would be about 95% after hax :censored: . But hax can also affect your Pokemon, like if you used focus blast, your accuracy would be down at about 50% :frustrated: . That's why I perfer to use Pokemon Online or fight real people.

PO clearly isn't safe from "Hax" either as especially recently there has been a ridiculous amount of hax, on rare occasions seeming just like the absolute set up critical hit hax I encounter ingame all the time...

Fighting real people still has hax but there is just as much possibility of it happening to your opponent as well so it balances out I guess, whatever...

I don't think that is what hax mean, I think it just means that you got the low end of whatever deal there is with an encounter like Flinchrachi's Iron Head flinching you 6+ times in a row due to it's Serene Grace ability raising the chance to like 60% or something around there or like Ice Beam causing you to become Frozen with it's 10% chance working out...

I don't think it actually adjusts your accuracy but rather the RNG just does it's thing in a :censored: up fashion causing stuff with higher % rates to not occur & stuff with lower % rates to occur more often, meh...

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:50 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

In my game, I've found out a few things: Critical hits only happen at critical moments, as they should. But only for my opponent. Then, Attract faked 50/50 immobilize ratio in Gens up to 4 is actually better now. My Pokemon actually have a 50/50 chance of pulling free of Attract for a turn, unlike before, when the ratio was more like 30/70... I also find that, in cases of waking up, attacking while confused/in love, calling your Pokemon's name into the MIC actually does something. Or maybe it's just coincidence? But it never fails for me...can it really be just chance?

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:18 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yes, and its annoying! I hate the moves double team and minimize! It makes my low accuracy moves never hit! I think that's why they banned those to moves from Nintendo tournaments.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

emeraldversion13 wrote:
Yes, and its annoying! I hate the moves double team and minimize! It makes my low accuracy moves never hit! I think that's why they banned those to moves from Nintendo tournaments.

I still dont' understand why minimize now increases evasion by 2 stages. I guess they want a lot of eviolite clefairies and chanseys to roam wifi. At least the trainers in the battle subway don't use that stuff? I think?

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next