It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Guide to the Voltorb Flip game 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

shinashu taji wrote:
Though this is guide is well written it is completely useless to me. I could have the best guid in the world, do something like this perfectly according to the guide, but ultimately get beat down by my own bad luck. Seriously I have never even gotten past level one, and I do get the basics of the game, I just have horrible luck.

same here man
i wanna get my mew two to blow up the game building hate that palce

Fri May 07, 2010 10:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It is true that no guide can help with the element of luck... :(

But I've got plenty of experience with Voltorb Flip, and I rarely lose on level 1. There are fewer bombs on level 1 - only six on the entire board - so if you stick to the lines with one bomb or less, and avoid the lines where there are no 2s or 3s, you have to be really unlucky to hit a Voltorb. Patience and practise is the only way to beat this game - and that holds true for all the levels.

By the way, I haven't managed to reach level 8 again... it's not as easy as Silith says it is. Especially since my wrist gets sore from holding the stylus before I can win five in a row and get to level 8.

Sat May 08, 2010 4:58 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

geez, guys, have a little patience and think about your choices. that's what the guide's for; to help you to guess. personally, i like the game (raked it in today, then lost on level 5 :-( ) and think it's a nice challenge, but it gets boring after a while. all i really want to play it for now is the porygon in celadon city. then, i'll probably leave it alone unless i get bored...

Sat May 08, 2010 3:50 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
rex09 wrote:
geez, guys, have a little patience and think about your choices. that's what the guide's for; to help you to guess. personally, i like the game (raked it in today, then lost on level 5 :-( ) and think it's a nice challenge, but it gets boring after a while. all i really want to play it for now is the porygon in celadon city. then, i'll probably leave it alone unless i get bored...

I'm sure by now that it's been established that the patience & maybe even the thinking part isn't the problem but instead is the sheer difficulty of Minesweeper mixed in with the high amount of luck required to be successful as you would like to be at the game & to be blunt, I didn't even like Minesweeper but played it alot out of curiousity of how I was suppose to play it which I never figured out &

DarkAriados wrote:
It is true that no guide can help with the element of luck... :(

By the way, I haven't managed to reach level 8 again... it's not as easy as Silith says it is. Especially since my wrist gets sore from holding the stylus before I can win five in a row and get to level 8.

True, a guide is only as useful as the person reading it can make it, I have gotten all I can get from this guide from reading it only 2 times & still can't reach LV8 due to my bad luck around LV4, & yeah, getting to LV8 is in no way easy, I mean I always get 4 wins straight before losing multiple times in who knows what level & then getting sucked down to another level cause I lost too easily...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat May 08, 2010 6:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

yes, luck is a part of it. but only insofar as to which board you'll get, and remember, they won't design one that can't be solved. idk, frustrating when it comes down to guessing and you have two choices. you click one, thinking you're about to win... and boom. stupid voltorb blows up. still, though, i like the game alot....

Sat May 08, 2010 8:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah, don't you just hate it when all the clues are the same? I got a board once where just about every line had a number total of 5 and two Voltorb, and I was like... aaaargh!!... Of course, with no clear hint as to the best places to guess, I lost that game quite quickly.

The best boards always have clusters of bombs, and areas that are relatively clear of bombs with lots of 2s and 3s. In other words, there's a clear distinction between the good places to search and the areas you should avoid. In general, those boards are easy to solve. But when the clues are all pretty similar, the game is much, much harder.

Sat May 08, 2010 10:50 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

DarkAriados wrote:
Yeah, don't you just hate it when all the clues are the same? I got a board once where just about every line had a number total of 5 and two Voltorb, and I was like... aaaargh!!... Of course, with no clear hint as to the best places to guess, I lost that game quite quickly.

Yeah, I always end up with a board like that before I get to LV5, always...it's so damn frustrating & one of the main reasons I dislike this game but still there are the good times like you also explained...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sat May 08, 2010 11:29 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The fact that Level 8 has a great chance to have 4 or 5 torbs in 1 line makes it verry easy to guess where they are. That's why 8 is so easy for the reward. level 4-6 are the hardest.

Sun May 09, 2010 4:34 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Silith wrote:
The fact that Level 8 has a great chance to have 4 or 5 torbs in 1 line makes it verry easy to guess where they are. That's why 8 is so easy for the reward. level 4-6 are the hardest.

Oh, no wonder LV4 through LV7 is so damn hard...it pays off via LV8...interesting Silith...

Sun May 09, 2010 2:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

oh, lvl 4-7 are the hard ones?? lol i think that was kinda established before... got any tips for us, silith??? since you keep talking about level eight, you must be really good at this. kudos.

Sun May 09, 2010 5:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Given how hard it is to build a winning streak, it's difficult even to reach level 8.
I don't know how easy it is, having only won once... so when it comes to advice, I won't be much help. :(

Silith, if you could further confirm the way to reach level 8, that would be hugely appreciated. :D

Mon May 10, 2010 3:25 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

...Silith?
Does your silence imply that my assumption about how to get to Level 8 was correct?
In my own experience, winning 5 games in a row is actually no guarantee, especially if the first win follows a level downgrade from a loss or an early forfeit...

I haven't managed to win 5 in a row for ages. I keep running into bad luck along the way... :(

Thu May 13, 2010 10:13 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

DarkAriados wrote:
I haven't managed to win 5 in a row for ages. I keep running into bad luck along the way... :(

I have the intention of trying this today as training my Umbreon until LV57 is boring labor & can wait til a later date...may luck actually be with me for once & Silith most likely has not been on since you posted the message before your last one, DarkAriados...

Thu May 13, 2010 12:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
I haven't managed to win 5 in a row for ages. I keep running into bad luck along the way...

i know what you mean. i managed to get a porygon with decent stats, but now i want a shiny one lol. so, just trying to raise some coins... kinda hard without getting past 6...

Thu May 13, 2010 1:54 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I don't think winning 5 times in a row actually places you at level 8. To my knowledge I've always just worked my way through the first 7 levels.

Fri May 14, 2010 5:03 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Silith wrote:
I don't think winning 5 times in a row actually places you at level 8. To my knowledge I've always just worked my way through the first 7 levels.

That means that I might have been right there if I just would have beaten LV7...Oh well, there is always next time & this & that...

Fri May 14, 2010 10:12 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

sorry, what i meant by five in a row is that i hadn't been able to keep a straight win for a while. not that i haven't been able to get to lvl eight. haven't even gotten to lvl seven yet (as far as i can remember... ??). my impression was as you said, silith, that you have to get a straight win through lvl seven.
rite now, i have about 8,000 coins. still saving up so i can get my shiny porygon :-D but afterwards, soft-resetting will probably get boring and i'll have to go back to training ;-( lol

Fri May 14, 2010 2:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The reason I thought level 8 was reached by winning five times in a row is because that's the only way I've been able to get to it - although as I said, it won't work every time. Perhaps it's random, but I've only ever reached it by winning the first five games in a session without losing once.

Winning level 7 will not get you to level 8. You'll just play level 7 again.

Fri May 14, 2010 2:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

hmmm, okay. well, either way, i've just gotten to lvl seven and ten thousand coins, and am now soft-resetting to get my shiny porygon. after that, i probably won't bother playing the game much anymore. plus, even if i did get to lvl eight, i might not be able to beat it. but if i do, i'll post how i got there (lol like that's likely to happen...)

Sat May 15, 2010 12:27 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I got to level 8 again yesterday, but failed to win.

My first guess was a 2. My second guess was a Voltorb...

{voltorb} Gah! Stupid Voltorb!!

Last edited by DarkAriados on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 15, 2010 3:38 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Winning level 7 WILL get you to level 8 IF you've at least opened 8 cards. Since it's possible that only 7 are 2's and 3's you might be under the 8 and go to the level equal to the amount of cards opened. Just like as if you've hit a torb with only 7 cards open.

I've had it once that I won level 7 and didn't advance but most of the time you will!

Mon May 17, 2010 12:00 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Silith wrote:
Winning level 7 WILL get you to level 8 IF you've at least opened 8 cards. Since it's possible that only 7 are 2's and 3's you might be under the 8 and go to the level equal to the amount of cards opened. Just like as if you've hit a torb with only 7 cards open.

I've had it once that I won level 7 and didn't advance but most of the time you will!

Aaaaah. :D That explains it...

I did get to level 8 from a five-game winning streak on the first five levels, but that's pretty rare I think.
So winning level 7 by uncovering 8 cards will advance you to level 8... I'll have to try again and find out for sure.

Mon May 17, 2010 4:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

This however opens up the question wheter level 9 exsists. I doubt it though. I'm gonna try and see if I can get 9 cards open at the end of level 8.

Tue May 18, 2010 5:10 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

okay, so no winning streak is necessary?? i could really just play 5,000 games in a row to get to lvl seven (i don't actually suck that much, just hypothetical lol) and as long as i flipped eight cards i'd go to lvl eight?? or did i misinterpret again?

Tue May 18, 2010 3:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

OK, I'll change the first post with the updated information about level 8.

Thank you, Silith. :D

Tue May 18, 2010 4:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next