It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 EV Question in Ruby 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hi,

I am raising a Shroomish to have maxed out Attack and Speed EV's. After giving Shroomish a macho brace, battling only the appropriate pokemon to increase these EV's (solrock for attack and zubat, linoone and zigzagoon for speed) and keeping track of the numbers, I stopped once I got the EV's for speed up to 152 and Attack up to 100, with the idea that I would give it Carbos for the rest of the remaining speed EV's and finish up on Attack later. But when I went to give it Carbos, it said it would not have any effect. It's possible that I trained it more than I realized and lost count, so I tried giving it Protein, which gave me the same message, that it would not have an effect. If they haven't received 10 vitamins and I get the message that the vitamins will have no effect I can only assume that the EV is maxed out, right? Figuring this is the case in two stat domains, it would mean 252 each putting me at a max total. So I took Shroomish to the effort ribbon lady, but she did not give him the ribbon. So I thought perhaps there are a remaining 6 or however many remaining to be filled from a different stat, but after being sure to reach this number, she still doesn't give him the effort ribbon. It's my first time EV training and I'm a little confused since I've read all the guides I can find. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

-Bertle

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:11 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The vitamins only work for the first 100 EVs of a stat. IIRC, if you try to use a vitamin at 91 EVs, it won't work, since that would bring it over 100. However, in R/S, there are no EV reducing berries, so you'll have to do the rest of the EV training yourself.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:36 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

That's what I was worried would be the case. Thanks!

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]