It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 What will your Heart Gold + Soul Silver team be? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Good news is that all of those moves were on my list. :)

What about Feraligatr? Is he good as is?

Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm so sad no one wants Meganium. =(
My team? Why yes, because you begged, I'll tell you.

{meganium}
{gengar}
{tentacruel}
{xatu}
{umbreon}
...? (I want to wait for this one to jump out and say "take me!" Just needs to be able to learn Rock Smash.)

What's funny is I have no doubt that if I dislike how one of these follows me in the overworld,
I'm going to swap it out and revamp my team.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:50 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I've made some changes to my team. My final plan is:

{kingdra} {swampert} {togekiss} {shedinja} with the new additions of {spiritomb} and {raichu} (with Surf from Battle Revolution)

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:28 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mektar wrote:

{kingdra} {swampert} {togekiss} {shedinja} with the new additions of {spiritomb} and {raichu} (with Surf from Battle Revolution)

But what about the nostalgia of catching and training Pokemon from that generation?

Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:46 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I wrote these down on paper a while back:

Typhlosion
Ninetales
Ampharos
Vaporeon/Lapras (Undecided, but probably Vaporeon, hopefully I can breed some Eevees)
Umbreon
Skarmory
Kingler (Teh ooltimate HM slaev)

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:48 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Spoinkable wrote:
Mektar wrote:

But what about the nostalgia of catching and training Pokemon from that generation?

Well there are 3 there that had some member of it's family appear in the games from that Gen & two that can technically be considered Johto pokemon (I know Togekiss itself is Sinnoh but still) ...I myself aren't training many Johto pokemon cause it's a chance to see how the newer pokemon stack up to the Johto Region...just saying...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Definately not dimension 12. No, you don't know about that one yet.
Actually, I completely re-did my team, so now it's:

{typhlosion}
{sandslash}
{ampharos}
{slowking}

And then the last two slots are between:

{pinsir}
{venomoth}
{sudowoodo}
{sunflora}
{victreebel}
{dunsparce}
{graveler}
{gengar}
{tauros}
{xatu}

Yeah, a large selection, I know. There are a few I'm leaning towards and against, but aside from that, I'm undecided.

I may even throw an Eevee-lution in there. I rarely use them, so I don't know if any of them from Gen. I or II have good stats & movepools (I know a little about Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon, but I'm already using Pokemon of their types.)

Edit: To throw in my 2 cents about the Feraligatr thing, it sounds like the Feraligatr is in-game (correct me if I'm wrong), where Dive is actually good because the AI is usually too stupid to switch to something that resists water/ can take the hit well, so Dive is like doing damage and wasting the opponent's turn (or two, if you time it right with their healing) which is always nice.

Like I said, that's only if it's in-game. If not, Aqua Tail is good (although, Waterfall is better if you want more accuracy and 5 more pp)

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:05 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

haga11111 wrote:
Edit: To throw in my 2 cents about the Feraligatr thing, it sounds like the Feraligatr is in-game (correct me if I'm wrong), where Dive is actually good because the AI is usually too stupid to switch to something that resists water/ can take the hit well, so Dive is like doing damage and wasting the opponent's turn (or two, if you time it right with their healing) which is always nice.

Like I said, that's only if it's in-game. If not, Aqua Tail is good (although, Waterfall is better if you want more accuracy and 5 more pp)

Well yeah...but I was making the movepool based on using it ingame, Wi-Fi & Battle Frontier...but no the AI are really stupid sometimes even when I'm about to lose a battle in 1 more hit they go & use a move that has no use in the current situation nor does damage to me thus giving me the match...

also @ haga11111 = I would take the following pokemon out of your choices unless you are replacing a currently decided on member of your team with any of them;

{xatu} & {graveler}

My choices among the rest are...

{pinsir} {venomoth} {sunflora} {victreebel} {sudowoodo} {tauros}

to narrow them down...umm...maybe...

5. {venomoth} & 6. {sunflora} ...meh...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

After seeing Haga's choices, I have a general question for people planning their teams this time around...
Do you integrate HM's throughout your dream team? Or do you raise slaves?
I've never ever raised slaves, and usually base the last couple slots of my team on the HM's I still don't have.
{meganium} Rock Climb
{gengar} Strength
{tentacruel} all the water ones (blech)
{xatu} Fly
{umbreon} Cut
??? Rock Smash

Is this obsolete? I always find it tedious to have to switch out of the box every time you want to go somewhere...

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:47 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yes, it will be in-game, but I'll get a slave for it or temporarily give it an HM move. I wanted to have some iea of what the final product would be.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:50 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dan Roswald wrote:
Yes, it will be in-game, but I'll get a slave for it or temporarily give it an HM move. I wanted to have some iea of what the final product would be.

I'm sorry, Dan, but I have no idea where that came from or to whom it was directed.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Spoinkable wrote:
Dan Roswald wrote:

I'm sorry, Dan, but I have no idea where that came from or to whom it was directed.

Lawence Codye and haga11111. Sorry, been trying to keep up with all the forums popping up in my inbox.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:25 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Dan Roswald wrote:

Oh okay...well the movepool will work wonders then...

Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:25 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

My Team will most Likely be -
Bayleef
Ampharos
Quagsire
Arcanine
Dragonite or Gyarados
Slowking or Hypno

My theme for this game will be food and all my pokemon will be named based on a food. For instance my Bayleef will be named Basil(M) or Rosemary(F) and my Ditto will be Jell-O.

Pacific Time Zone (UTC-8) and I work graveyard. So the best time to contact me is 8am-12noon(I might be working outside) or 8pm-9:30pm Mon-Sat.
Pearl - Loki 3180 2509 3375

-I am a Shiny Breeder and can breed one if you PM me.
My Shiny Trading thread:http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26723

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:58 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

While there are several creatures from Platinum and Diamond that I plan to eventually import to SoulSilver, I was planning on having the following team (movesets): Meganium (Solarbeam, Body Slam, Sunny Day, Earthquake), Crobat (Cross Poison or Poison Fang, Fly, Steel Wing, Mean Look), Lapras (Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Sing), Espeon (Psychic, Shadow Ball, Grass Knot, Morning Sun), Ninetales (Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Hypnosis, Nasty Plot or Dark Pulse), and Ampharos (Discharge, Power Gem, Fire Punch, Charge).

Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:12 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I myself slave with all moves that have a base power that's <80. So I always have surf on my water-type (unless it's physical, in which case I use Waterfall), I sometimes have strength on a Pokemon, and if the move deleter is early enough in the game, I may teach rock smash or cut to a Pokemon that could make use of them. But not often.

The problem with my extras is that they're all Pokemon I like a lot, or Pokemon I've never used but look really interesting (except for Golem. I have a Geodude on my re-started Pearl file, and although it kicks faces right now, I'm still relatively neutral about it. I'd never used one before until that Pearl file.)

For instance, I used that Sudowoodo on my original Silver file, and it kicked faces like there was no tomorrow.

There are a few that I've decided against using because of when you get certain moves (and when you actually catch them- the psydex says that Natu is in "The Ruins of Alph- Outside", but I don't know when you can access the grass in the Ruins)

Also, Victreebel will be on my team. I noticed that, based on my team when you get to Union cave, I would have a LOT of trouble without the Bellsprout.

Oh, and now that I think about it, Golem is a no-go. I already have a ground type. With other dual types, like Gengar and Roserade, I can see past their type sharing because they have two types. However, Sandslash has only one type, so Golem is gone even though it's a dual type.

JUst one or two more hours, and I'll possibly get Heartgold! I can't wait.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm always so bad at pre-determined teams...but so far...

Victreebel, Pidgeot, Typhlosion, Beedrill, Lapras and Politoad...just cos' I can trade now :]

Of course half this team will most likely change, it's fun for now.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I got Soul Silver! :D

So far I got--

{cyndaquil} Docil, lvl10, Gift Pokemon.
{pidgey} Quirky, lvl6, Caught on first route. Currently Pokéwlaker training it on my leg as I type~
{nidoran f} ???, lvl5, Caught on Pokéwalker.

I have a {sentret} that just appeared on my Pokéwalker, so I guess I have one of them too. It won't be in my party, however.

Also just caught a {kangaskhan} on Pokéwalker. Probably won't be in party.

P.S. These games are a ***** to reset the files on. You can't just overwrite them like before. It's kinda annoying.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:28 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{poliwrath} / {politoed} {typhlosion} {pidgeot} {ampharos} {sunflora} and then something like {alakazam} probably is gonna be my team

Last edited by tomo123123 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

O_o im not sure quite how it happened, but my in-game team has somehow changed to what looks like its going to be:
{poliwrath} {magmortar} {magnezone} {butterfree} (yeah, i know, wth.) {noctowl} and {steelix} ......huh.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

So, in the end, it looks like my team will be {typhlosion} {victreebel} {sandslash} {slowking} {ampharos} and {venomoth}

I'm using a lot of Pokemon I've never used before (example: I usually hate using bug types) on this team. While I got lucky with an Adamant Sandshrew, my Slowpoke's Sp. Attack is not that great. Same with Venonat. Hopefully, evolution will fix that...

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My league beating was as follows: {typhlosion} {lugia} {raikou} {gyarados} {ampharos} {umbreon}

Later in the game I'll switch it up a bit, but this^ is what is is now.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I beat the League and Kanto with this:
{meganium} {tentacruel} {gengar} {xatu} {umbreon} {hitmonlee}

And as of right now, my planned Silver team is:
{feraligatr} {victreebel} {noctowl} {espeon} {ampharos} and maybe {miltank} ...?
I've NEVER felt right using legendaries , but I really might switch {ampharos} for {raikou}
And it feels just wrong NOT using {lugia} so I might replace either {noctowl} or {espeon} before my run is over.
Time will tell.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i have soul silver and after much thought and heart ache this is my team:

cyndiquil (Rounds out my team)
Gengar (never used one before in story mode)
Poliwrath (never used before but always loved it after i saw chuck's in the orginal gsc)
Steelix (never gone with the onix family in story mode)
Lanturn (used in the 2nd gen, want to play with its new capilities :) )
Venemoth (never used- but really want to... dont ask why.....)

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:23 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Okie, I'm going to have many teams, and i know this isnt a rate my team thread or anything, but feel free to critique my teams.

Team One
{poliwrath} with water absorb {lanturn} with volt absorb {swampert} {mantine} {ludicolo} {charizard} my wild card.

Team Two
{tyranitar} {dragonite} {charizard} {salamence} {metagross} {garchomp} basically hard hitting ubers.

Team Three
{charizard} {umbreon} {magnezone} {gyarados} {steelix} {walrein}

Team Four
{electivire} {swampert} {aggron} {magmortar} {gengar} {snorlax}

anyways, those will probably be my main Heart Gold competitive battling teams, obviously with alternatives as well, since i dont want to COMPLETELY give away my teams to you guys, just in case we battle someday. ;) feel free to critique, either by PM or whatever, i don't really care, lol.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next