It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 HG/SS likes and dislikes 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Frost wrote:
I think the new Move Tutors are essentially garbage. Who will ever want to teach moves like Worry Seed, Gravity and freaking String Shot to their Pokemon? The only usable new Tutor moves are Super Fang, Heal Bell and maybe Pain Split. This outing had really weak selections, even for in-game purposes.

huh,

i have hg and ss. but i cant read japanese so i didnt know that xD

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:57 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I think that the legend allignments end up being weak....

HeartGold, features Ho-Oh, and has Lugia later.
But guess what the legend is? Kyogre - wtf? I'd expect that Groudon would be paired with Ho-Oh, not Lugia.

You know, you find Lugia in a cave, with water - why not find Kyogre in that game?

Aside from that, the Pokewalker works out well. I'll be walking a lot more, and running. I wonder if the trains moving will make the walker think you are walking. An excellent way to boost pokemon and get items, for sure.

Nice to see good starters again, and Feraligatr gets justice this time around.
The move tutors are weak, but at least there will be some good ones, along with the better TMs.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Um, actually, the TMs haven't changed. (Except the HM whirlpool.) And I'm kind of disappointed that there doesn't seem to be a Celebi event.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:56 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Peanut-Lover wrote:
I think that the legend allignments end up being weak....

HeartGold, features Ho-Oh, and has Lugia later.
But guess what the legend is? Kyogre - wtf? I'd expect that Groudon would be paired with Ho-Oh, not Lugia.

You know, you find Lugia in a cave, with water - why not find Kyogre in that game?

Well they didn't want to put fire with fire & water with {lugia} who learns Hydro Pump & lives in the water so they did a switcharoo...like with {latias} {kyogre} & {latios} {groudon} parings by color...actually they did the same thing with Latias & Latios this game release as well, wow...
I only hate that you need both the {kyogre} {groudon} from HGSS to even get to catch {rayquaza} ...really Nintendo, "really"...

Peanut-Lover wrote:
Aside from that, the Pokewalker works out well. I'll be walking a lot more, and running. I wonder if the trains moving will make the walker think you are walking. An excellent way to boost pokemon and get items, for sure.

The move tutors are weak, but at least there will be some good ones, along with the better TMs.

Actually I don't think they would actually make it so it would to work while you literally walk but more like as time passes while it's in the PokeWalker like with the Daycare...but that makes sense I guess...& yes {feraligatr} gets the justice it's deserves that is long over due. As for the move tutors, since they are remakes, I guess the Move Tutors weren't meant to have a great selection but more so forgotten moves of sorts like in FRLG :| meh.

& there is a Celebi Event coming & the {celebi} activates an ingame event in HGSS that's of great interest but the event might be Japan only again :frustrated: .

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:30 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't have my copy of Heart Gold, yet. But it all looks awesome, and I generally am not very picky when it comes to pokemon games. I love the fact that the pokemon can follow you around, and perhaps even the move tutors have a purpose. if there are no contests in the johto region, you could teach a pokemon contest moves from the move tutors and trade them to D/P/P to participate in contests. Anyways, the only thing I don't like is that people are complaining about how nintendo is probably going to make remakes of FR/LG, but in HG/SS it has the Johto and Kanto regions- no reason to make another remake. *but then again, since when does Nintendo need a reason?*

Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:07 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryder wrote:
*but then again, since when does Nintendo need a reason?*

lol...yeah...but any person should know that they aren't going to remake the Kanto games "again"...for a many years anyway & I only see them making RSE remakes once the 5th Gen game comes out cause of 2 things...

1. the release pattern of remakes...just look at it

2. the price for these 3 specific games are just not going down...they are still full priced, mainly Emerald

3. the games were practically incomplete...in a sense...maybe not Emerald though

4. based on all the Hoenn pokemon that aren't available via the 4th Gen in general without some kind of cartridge insert is just sad & what about the starter...what about all those Hoenn pokemon for those without the Hoenn GBA games anymore...like me

okay, so that was 4...still, they would benefit from this much, but not until "after" Gen IV is over anyway...

As for other things I like about HG/SS...well there is the exclusives (& not even counting the legendaries) that are available post National Dex in the game as this time around they are more balanced as oppose to GSC's, the fact that the Battle Frontier is still there even if it's identical to Platinum's & the updated graphics as far as the locations are concerned cause they look excellent & all Autumn like which bring out Johto nicely. What I don't like though is that the Battle Tower itself is weak in comparison to the one in Crystal I mean no level selections like in Crystal to compete at...just boring old Lv. 50 though, really & again, the requirements for obtaining {rayquaza} would make some lose all hope for humanity in some fashion...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Peanut-Lover wrote:

Actually I don't think they would actually make it so it would to work while you literally walk but more like as time passes while it's in the PokeWalker like with the Daycare...but that makes sense I guess...

The daycare measures how many steps you take, not how much time passes. It would make more sense to have the Pokewalker work with steps since that's how the Pokemon Pickachu worked. Man, I miss that thing, it was so much fun. I lost mine at recess in 5th grade...

Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:22 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Dan Roswald wrote:
The daycare measures how many steps you take, not how much time passes. It would make more sense to have the Pokewalker work with steps since that's how the Pokemon Pickachu worked. Man, I miss that thing, it was so much fun. I lost mine at recess in 5th grade...

Well yeah...now I even believe that it surely be based on steps taken...just not seeing how it will tell that you actually "took a step"...& Pokemon Pikachu is a treasure I wish I was able to experience but...not gonna happen so I will deal with it...

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:28 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
...just not seeing how it will tell that you actually "took a step"...& Pokemon Pikachu is a treasure I wish I was able to experience but...not gonna happen so I will deal with it...

It has a sensor that detects movement like one of those calorie things people use to wear when they went for a jog. On the Pokemon Pikachu, you could cheat the system by sitting in class and shaking it in your fist under the desk. Lol, I think I'm gonna plan to do that with my Pokewalker. :D

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:03 am
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Dan Roswald wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
...just not seeing how it will tell that you actually "took a step"...& Pokemon Pikachu is a treasure I wish I was able to experience but...not gonna happen so I will deal with it...

It has a sensor that detects movement like one of those calorie things people use to wear when they went for a jog. On the Pokemon Pikachu, you could cheat the system by sitting in class and shaking it in your fist under the desk. Lol, I think I'm gonna plan to do that with my Pokewalker. :D

& it will probably most likely work too if it's anything like pokemon pikachu...lol...

Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

First off, I LOVE the walking Poke'mon!!!
All of the legendaries make getting other legendaries pretty kool.
I was kinda like eh...a lot of legendaries....not again! but then I realized that they are really just fun side quests to add more to the game! How fun is that!?!?!?

I don't like....well.....don't know yet

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:48 am
THE POWER IS ON!

I like that:
... ALL of the Johto AND Kanto Gym Leaders and Elites got expanded rematch rosters.
... that running shoes can be set to be always "on."
... Giovanni returns, even if it's an Event battle.
... the games make better use of the touch screen than DPP did. The new Pokedex is really nice.
... "eyecatches" like the VS (Gym Leader/Elite Four) and the entrance pictures to various areas are well done.
... the Team Rocket Executives got redesigned and named (even though the two new crackheads can GTFO).
... features from Crystal were mostly incorporated (Buena, Eusine, Suicune, the Seer, trainers giving you evolution stones, etc).
... the games do a good job in removing reliance on Gen III games to complete the Pokedex.
... the games being based in Johto means that the Johto Pokemon are getting more focus in the TCG/anime.
... the Pokeathlon is VAST improvement over Contests. Like, seriously.
... evolution stones and items aren't so incredibly elusive.

I hate that:
... these games are absolutely lazy recreations of Gold and Silver. A new Safari Zone and a couple of rehashed Kanto dungeons aren't that exciting.
... they did very little to address problems that are present in the original GSC, such as:
....... the lack of difficulty, i.e. the low levels of EVERYBODY'S Pokemon. I shouldn't be fighting level 20 Trainer and Wild Pokemon before the seventh Gym Leader, who has level 28 Pokemon. Alternatively, at the end of the game, everybody has levels that are 10-30 levels higher than you and the Wild Pokemon max out at level 50. It is so inconsistent, it's awful.
....... Kanto Pokemon overshadowing the Johto ones IN JOHTO. Why are Rattata and Pidgey still all over Johto instead of their newer counterparts?
....... NONE of the Gym Leaders' teams were changed except for Clair's, not even ones who really needed it, like Bugsy, Morty or Jasmine.
... Ice Beam, Flamethrower and Thunderbolt cost MORE THAN PORYGON at the Game Corner. Since when does a TM cost more than a glorified trophy? Even worse is that the English versions of the game WON'T LET YOU BUY COINS AT THE GAME CORNER. That's a load of crap.
... Karen's redesign violates my senses. (COMPLETELY wrong colors and style of clothes for her. Plus, her face.)
... the overworld graphics suck (I don't like awkward 2.5D, thanks) and the sprites are disappointing after Diamond and Pearl's.
... the music is generally trash, with only a few pieces retaining the character of the original. Ecruteak and Saffron City are good. Kanto Wild music? Really sucks.
... the encounter rate is just as obnoxious as Diamond, Pearl and Platinum's.
... Lorelei and Agatha, as well as FRLG-exclusive material (Leaf, Celio, the Sevii Islands), are still missing.
... it's considered a selling point of these games that YOUR LEAD POKEMON FOLLOWS YOU OMG!!!
... people are totally drooling over this game like it's the greatest thing ever.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I like:
that not just the starter can follow you around, but every single Pokemon can follow you around.
That you can go to both regions, kanto and johto
That the pokewalker comes with it
that they are releasing special event pokemon for these games bc ive never gotten event pokemon b4, cuz i didnt have a ds until two weeks ago :)
All of the legendaries, cuz, like linkfan said, they're just side quests. for all those people who say all the legendaries are bad, they can just ignore the lendaries side quests.

what i dont like:
i dont really know yet until i get my copy of the game. when i do, ill edit this post accordingly.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:36 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Pokewalker,
Pokemon can walk around with you (I think it's cool that you can choose!)
New music
Loads of legends
Chance to get Celebi xD

Dislikes :
No underground :(

Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:53 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

-Excited for the (possible) return of Giovanni!
-The graphics are much more tasteful than DPP (imo)
-The features/storyline from Crystal being included (I never had it)

Dislikes:
-The cramfest of as many Hoenn/other legendaries as possible to make GBA useless
-Kanto remains largely empty/boring

My avatar is sucky. I'll get round to doing something about that.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:08 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Frost wrote:
I like that:
... ALL of the Johto AND Kanto Gym Leaders and Elites got expanded rematch rosters.
... that running shoes can be set to be always "on."
... Giovanni returns, even if it's an Event battle.
... the games make better use of the touch screen than DPP did. The new Pokedex is really nice.
... "eyecatches" like the VS (Gym Leader/Elite Four) and the entrance pictures to various areas are well done.
... the Team Rocket Executives got redesigned and named (even though the two new crackheads can GTFO).
... features from Crystal were mostly incorporated (Buena, Eusine, Suicune, the Seer, trainers giving you evolution stones, etc).
... the games do a good job in removing reliance on Gen III games to complete the Pokedex.
... the games being based in Johto means that the Johto Pokemon are getting more focus in the TCG/anime.

I'm glad that the running shoes can be set to always be "on", the rematch roosters of the Gym Leaders/Elite 4, the new touch screen features(ahh...), the close ups of important people on screen before the battle screen pops up, the including of the Crystal features that "were" added, the redisigning of the Team Rocket Executives, the including of the Hoenn Legendaries that "were" added excluding Rayquaza cause of stupid requirement to encounter it & the influience it will have on the TCG/Anime (now if they can just bring back pokemon chronicles...). I like the addition of Giovanni but why do you need Celebi to do it since it's not looking likely that the US will get it...well, whatever...

Frost wrote:
I hate that:
... these games are absolutely lazy recreations of Gold and Silver. A new Safari Zone and a couple of rehashed Kanto dungeons aren't that exciting.
... they did very little to address problems that are present in the original GSC, such as:
....... the lack of difficulty, i.e. the low levels of EVERYBODY'S Pokemon. I shouldn't be fighting level 20 Trainer and Wild Pokemon before the seventh Gym Leader, who has level 28 Pokemon.
....... Kanto Pokemon overshadowing the Johto ones IN JOHTO. Why are Rattata and Pidgey still all over Johto instead of their newer counterparts?
....... NONE of the Gym Leaders' teams were changed except for Clair's, not even ones who really needed it, like Bugsy, Morty or Jasmine.
... Ice Beam, Flamethrower and Thunderbolt cost MORE THAN PORYGON at the Game Corner. Since when does a TM cost more than a glorified trophy? Even worse is that the English versions of the game WON'T LET YOU BUY COINS AT THE GAME CORNER. That's a load of crap.
... Karen's redesign violates my senses. (COMPLETELY wrong colors and style of clothes for her. Plus, her face.)
... the overworld graphics suck and the sprites are disappointing after Diamond and Pearl's.
... the music is generally trash, with only a few pieces still retaining the character of the original music.
... the encounter rate is just as obnoxious as Diamond, Pearl and Platinum's.
... Lorelei and Agatha, as well as FRLG-exclusive material (Leaf, Celio, the Sevii Islands), are still missing.
... it's considered a selling point of these games that YOUR LEAD POKEMON FOLLOWS YOU OMG!!!
... people are totally drooling over this game like it's the greatest thing ever.

lol...lol...Oh, sorry...I also hate that there wasn't more put into these game even if they're just remakes of the Johto games to complete the 4th Gen, the lack of difficulty always I mean at least they could have restricted you to using the same amount of pokemon that your opponent uses, the fact that because there isn't that many Johto pokemon as Kanto pokemon that there's all these Kanto pokemon cramming up the Johto Region but Kanto has a decent amount of both Kanto & Johto pokemon, the fact that {porygon} isn't top tier priced at the lottery anymore, Karen's redesign "in the sense" that her color scheme is ****ing retarded I mean yellow really & "No Black" though really! & now that I think about it her face is about a whole 2 out of 10 lower in appeal then it was before, that the pokemon sprites for the Hoenn & Sinnoh pokemon are the **** same as in Platinum mainly for the Hoenn & that the Johto pokemon & some of the Kanto pokemon ones for the most part are too, the obnoxious encounter rate that was in Platinum is still present most likely, no Lorelei (whyyyy), & I will say it again seeing as it will always be said again & again...the music...blows one way or another for the most part, period...

Oh & if anything, I wish they would let you choose what pokemon in your party follows you "regardless of their slot of choice" in your party...I mean they could of had an option simular to that of using a TM/HM with you clicking on your pokemon & then choosing the option which would be under summary & done...well whatever, still good addition so they better fix this for the 5th Gen...

Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

1.The menu on the touch screen is nice and easy to use.

2.I'm quite happy with the "new" town designs, they keep the old set-up but make the places look like an actual town.

dislikes:

1.the text font on the lower screen bugs me, I much preferred the softer font in DP

2.The item menus are a pain to navigate.

3.The phone call feature is annoying, I almost want to restart the game and deny all the trainers phone requests.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:08 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

o_O who here thinks onix's sprite looks anorexic? and geodude is a grumpy old man.

oh, and meh likes how you can give kurt a lot of aprikorns at once, as opposed to where you used to only be able to give him one at a time. :D

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:47 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

This game really emphasizes the fact you have a touch screen. I don't know whether to like that, or dislike it.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:52 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

yeah. im not sure either. i usually dont even use the touch screen, im to used to buttons XD

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:46 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryder wrote:
o_O who here thinks onix's sprite looks anorexic? and geodude is a grumpy old man.

oh, and meh likes how you can give kurt a lot of aprikorns at once, as opposed to where you used to only be able to give him one at a time. :D

I do!!!...though I don't like Geodude's sprite & love the retexturing done with Onix's sprite...

& I though that you could give him more then 1 Apricot of the same kind before...it just took him more days to finish the products = to the amount of Apricots you give him so for 2 it took 2 days to complete?...weird...

Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
I though that you could give him more then 1 Apricot of the same kind before...it just took him more days to finish the products = to the amount of Apricots you give him so for 2 it took 2 days to complete?...weird...

Um. no, unless im remembering wrong, you could only give him one at a time. but ah well, its history now that HGSS came out. but im still going to see if gamestop has any old copies of G/S/C. im nostalgic bout that kinda stuff. and i lost mine. XD

Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:20 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ryder wrote:
but im still going to see if gamestop has any old copies of G/S/C. im nostalgic bout that kinda stuff. and i lost mine. XD

I got all the version games (other than HG) I might be willing to sell them. And no, GameStop won't have them. They don't sell GBC games anymore.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

dang it. oh well. ebay, please have some idiot selling them for less than ten bucks XD (what? dont look at me that way, its worth a shot, rofl)

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:56 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

-Wifi

Dislikes:
-More frequent random battles.
-How the timer was what your ds timer was

Those are the two I can think of right now.
Whenever I was in the grass, I couldn't move two feet without getting a random pokemon battle.
Annoyed me after a while.
Not sure about the ds timer, it was something about it. I guess it took too long? Idk

Trades

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next