It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 First Look at the Remakes 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

maybe now not but like that guy said i bet that they will reremake C after 10 years :mad:
and so, why then they remaked D/P?or R/S?or B/R??? :wink:
they will remake it again

Mon May 18, 2009 8:43 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

CRYSTAL ISN'T GOING TO BE REMADE ANYTIME SOON.

FFS, THE REMAKES OF SILVER AND GOLD AREN'T EVEN OUT YET.

STOP THEORIZING

STOP BETTING

STOP GUESSING

BE THANKFUL FOR THE REMAKES AT HAND

NOW STFU

Mon May 18, 2009 8:50 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

sorry :( :cry:
but why i can't hoping for crystal remake?

Mon May 18, 2009 9:04 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Because everyone at GameFreak and Nintendo like patterns better. Look at how they did the 2 games developing into a 3rd for the first 4 generations. Now look at FR/LG, the remakes of Kanto games, and they'll stick with the same pattern for HG/SS.

I really don't hope it's Pikachu-esque. After all, it couldn't evolve in Yellow...

AEPMT :D 8-) :P :wink: :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Mon May 18, 2009 11:05 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well that was because Yellow was a simple taking the popularity of the Animé and sticking it on the game.
Yes, they really do like their patterns. I suppose we won't get a Gen V until Nintendo release a new portable console, and there will probably be a Ruby/Sapphire remake on the way...

While I don't particularly feel there is any need for an RS remake it may be perfectly viable by the time of Gen V.

Mon May 18, 2009 11:32 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Okay, this has gone far enough! I am utterly sick of this! I was going to be quiet, but I just can't take it anymore!

We don't need a Crystal remake! If they make one, I will utterly hate Nintendo forever, okay? We don't even need a Gold & Silver remake, especially me considering I caught all 492 without cheating. The only reasons why Nintendo made them damn things are for these 3 reasons alone IMHO:

1.) The fans demanded it (which is funny considering Nintendo never listened before now).
2.) Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia and Ho-oh are WAY easier to obtain this way!
3.) Nintendo loves making money!

Okay, that is it. I demanded over and over for Nintendo to remake Gold and Silver. I will admit it! I sent them over 5 emails asking to remake the Johto region for the DS. So for those complaining that we should get a Crystal remake, SHUT THE :censored: UP! We are VERY VERY lucky that Nintendo listened enough to create HG and SS. We are truly fortunate that they took the time to listen to us and make these things. I am glad that they are doing this!

But seriously, Crystal remake? We are already getting Johto, so if a few story differences and the original female characer (which I personally like the new one better, and so does my wife) are your biggest gripes, then you are way too picky and way too demanding. Be happy that they actually listened to us for once. Get HeartGold or SoulSilver and make an effort to be content. I mean, hell I am.

-Ryan

Mon May 18, 2009 2:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
You can argue "Oh, but they added this, this and this," but when it comes down to it, they're games that are 90% the same.

Eh.. not quite. For HSGG, Maybe the STORYLINE is 90% the same, but the graphics, the maps, the moves, the play through experience, those are quite different indeed.

It's like, why remake old movies? Why adapt movies from books?
Because it becomes more modern, more "cool".

I agree with ryan_dan, though, a Crystal remake would be absolutely gross.
This isn't a new generation, this is a remake. it doesn't need Crystal to function.

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Mon May 18, 2009 2:14 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{latios} {latias}
ok is there a picture with a ENGLISH version of the game cause
I HIGHLY WANT them both CAUSE I NEED Lugia & Ho-oh AND do you get to catch mewtwo like you do in FRLG?????

| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
/

Mon May 18, 2009 2:42 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

blaziken lover wrote:
{latios} {latias}
ok is there a picture with a ENGLISH version of the game cause
I HIGHLY WANT them both CAUSE I NEED Lugia & Ho-oh AND do you get to catch mewtwo like you do in FRLG?????

...The games were just announced in Japan. Therefore, they're not even close to having an English version yet.

Nobody knows what Pokemon you can and can't catch. Wait until they're actually released to find stuff like that.

On a side note, the starter following you is a nice apparent addition. I'm.. kinda curious to see what a Feraligatr or something following you looks like, though. >_>

Mon May 18, 2009 3:19 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I highly doubt that the evolved forms of your starter will follow you around. My reasoning for this is the fact in Yellow where Pikachu followed you wherever you went. If you traded said Pikachu to Red/Blue and evolved it and traded it back to Yellow it wouldn't follow you anymore. But it would be cool to have Meganium/Feraligatr/Typhlosion follow you.

Mon May 18, 2009 3:26 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

lordtomato wrote:
Eh.. not quite. For HSGG, Maybe the STORYLINE is 90% the same, but the graphics, the maps, the moves, the play through experience, those are quite different indeed.

Um, yeah, okay. You're certainly not doing the same things that you've done in every other Pokemon game under the sun in GHSS, nosiree. You're not collecting badges from Gym Leaders who all use Pokemon of the same type. You're not striving to become the champion after consecutively beating four slightly-harder characters who all use Pokemon of the same type. You're not trying to collect as many of the title creatures as possible, none of which that will be focused on in GHSS have ever been focused on before. You're not traveling aimlessly through wild encounters and mandatory trainer battles featuring people who have two lines of character. You're not catching dues ex machina Legendary Pokemon or playing as ten year old kid who pretty much singlehandedly stops an evil Team of trainers who inexplicably have terrible Pokemon.

Face it, every Pokemon game is a remake of the last one. The three main goals in every Pokemon game (collection of badges/Pokemon and tangling with an evil Team) are the same. The types of the Pokemon don't change. The Pokemon's statistics don't change. The only things that change are that they add some new Pokemon and moves once awhile, and the aspiration of the main villains changes although it still manages to be cliche. With each new generation they make two games that have slightly different mechanics than the last one (i.e., the 10% that changes between games) and everything else is the same. Then they remake these two games to have "new" features which are pretty minor changes in the grand scheme of things, throw together a small storyline for the new mascot, and slap a new Legendary Pokemon on the cover.

GHSS is hardly original when, in essence, it's Gold and Silver's world and storyline with Diamond and Pearl's presentation and inner mechanics slapped on top of them. That's not a new experience. That's two halves of old experiences pasted together and presented as something new, even though it isn't, but I guess that just doesn't matter because the Pokemon fandom will eat it up anyway. And I'm not saying that each Pokemon game has to be original or totally different from the last one to be enjoyable, but let's not pretend that GameFreak puts extreme amounts of thought into what changes between every Pokemon generation or game.

Mon May 18, 2009 3:31 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

In my opinion, HGSS would the perfect opportunity to introduce the Orange League in a game. It technically happened *before* the Johto saga in the anime, but it can very well be added after the main storyline in the games.

It would add quite an amount of post-Elite 4 stuff to do, as opposed to *just* visiting Kanto, and would be a great way to add new features. If you remember from the anime, the badges were not all won by battling. 2 were races, and one a target hitting test.

That would add content the original games didn't have, thus satisfying some people's appetite for new stuff.

Mon May 18, 2009 3:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:

GHSS is hardly original when, in essence, it's Gold and Silver's world and storyline with Diamond and Pearl's presentation and inner mechanics slapped on top of them. That's not a new experience. That's two halves of old experiences pasted together and presented as something new, even though it isn't, but I guess that just doesn't matter because the Pokemon fandom will eat it up anyway. And I'm not saying that each Pokemon game has to be original or totally different from the last one to be enjoyable, but let's not pretend that GameFreak puts extreme amounts of thought into what changes between every Pokemon generation or game.[/color]

That might be true for some people like me and most of the other people of pokemon fandum who are old enough to remember the original Gold and Silver. As for the younger generation of pokemon fandum who never experienced the original Gold and Silver, half of it will be a whole new experience (only the story will be new gameplay and everything else will be the same).

As for everything else of course its the same old cliched retired plot over and over and over again, but who cares about that part, when its a game and all you wanna do is play something to unwind from a long day of work does it really matter then? Does it really matter when it is a game that a chunk of pokemon fandum has been asking for for quite some time? No it doesn't. It's a game just like every other video game that people play. Some people will like it and buy it. While others will not like it and will not buy it.

In essence Frost you are correct about everything. I am just a lowly pokemon nerd that really liked Gold and Silver that plans to buy one of the remakes.

Mon May 18, 2009 3:48 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

And, like I said, I don't think Pokemon games need to be original to be enjoyable or else I would have ditched the series a long time ago. I await each new generation because I want more new Pokemon, but I'm also less enticed to pay full price for a game that I've basically played before AND that features Pokemon that are already available even though, if I got one of GHSS as a gift, I'd definitely play and enjoy it. So something doesn't need to be original to be enjoyed, but let's also not pretend that the games are really that different from each other when they aren't.

Mon May 18, 2009 3:51 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Oh, I love the overworld starters sprites! I hope they follow you around all the time. :)

Hm, I don't really like the female trainer (nor the male trainer so much). I would rather have them put that female trainer from Raikou Legend of Thunder instead. I can't really remember if she ever appeared in a game.

Heh, I like every new Sugimori picture, with the exception of Octillery and... well, the legendaries. :/ Seriously, the original ones were a lot better in my opinion. I just hate how Lugia's wings look like deformed hands; I prefer the way they look in the movie. Ho-Oh isn't as bad, but I guess it could be a little better (perhaps somewhat close to the Pokemon Stadium 2 cover).

And, uh, yes, a Pikachu-colored Pichu. Jawsome. ¯(º_o)/¯

So far so good. Keep it up, Game Freak. :)

Tue May 19, 2009 7:12 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Galar wrote:
Hm, I don't really like the female trainer (nor the male trainer so much). I would rather have them put that female trainer from Raikou Legend of Thunder instead. I can't really remember if she ever appeared in a game.

Um... she appeared in Crystal, Galar. :p Her default name was Kris in that game, while her name in the anime is Marina, and that was the first time you could actually choose your gender in a Pokemon game, so it's really rather odd that they replaced Kris with this new girl. Especially because they didn't replace Blue with somebody else in FRLG but instead dressed her up like Cyndi Lauper and named her Leaf.

Tue May 19, 2009 8:21 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well I personally think it will be a new and enjoyable experience to play through GS with 4th generation mechanics.

Still, i guess everyone is entitled their own opinion.

I'm sure there will be new secrets etc, as there were in FRLG.

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Tue May 19, 2009 10:57 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

lordtomato wrote:

I'm sure there will be new secrets etc, as there were in FRLG.

Maybe there will be, but personally I hope there isn't anything new to the game. In my opinion the Sevii Islands in FR/LG were just horrible, it was like a whole bunch of crap strewn together at the last minute. So they should just stick to remaking Gold and Silver without adding anything new except for maybe having some new in-game events, but that is just my opinion.

Tue May 19, 2009 12:03 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Frost wrote:
Um... she appeared in Crystal, Galar. :p Her default name was Kris in that game, while her name in the anime is Marina, and that was the first time you could actually choose your gender in a Pokemon game, so it's really rather odd that they replaced Kris with this new girl. Especially because they didn't replace Blue with somebody else in FRLG but instead dressed her up like Cyndi Lauper and named her Leaf.

Oh, haha! I guess I read your post too fast and missed the "out as" part, which made me interprete the sentence as if Kris was actually this new girl. Talk about lack of understanding, wow. xP

Well, I guess it's an understandable mistake since I never played Crystal.

Aw, now I'm a little sad they actually replaced her. :/

Tue May 19, 2009 12:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Galar wrote:
Frost wrote:

Oh, haha! I guess I read your post too fast and missed the "out as" part, which made me interprete the sentence as if Kris was actually this new girl. Talk about lack of understanding, wow. xP

Well, I guess it's an understandable mistake since I never played Crystal.

Aw, now I'm a little sad they actually replaced her. :/

i agree i thought she was cool =(
still it looks good =)

Wed May 20, 2009 8:02 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think this is going to be cool. I hate those old graphics from the original gold and silver. Even though it won't be for a whole year, I can't wait to try it out.

Wed May 20, 2009 2:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hm. I wonder what bug catching contests will be like.

Anyway, there's reason to believe that your starter will follow you even when evolved. You can actually take fully evolved starters in Amity Square with you on Platinum, so I can imagine the same for HGSS. Though I expect that it can be toggled. I can't wait. =D

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Sun May 24, 2009 10:55 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hey, what's wrong with the Sevii Islands? Okay, maybe they were just a bunch of crap thrown together at the last minute. But I like the idea of journeying to new areas. Small little islands with people who have never met someone from Pallet Town is nice. It's almost like you can go on a vacation in FireRed/LeafGreen. Leave Kanto to go somewhere exotic just to relax. They are quiet islands which do serve a few purposes (like breeding, finding held items you might need later, Johto region Pokemon) and I liked the idea of finding a secret little base owned by Team Rocket. But that may be because I love Team Rocket. Anyways, don't completely diss the Sevii Islands. It is nice to explore somewhere new once in a while.

-Ryan

Mon May 25, 2009 7:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ryan_dan wrote:
Hey, what's wrong with the Sevii Islands? Okay, maybe they were just a bunch of crap thrown together at the last minute. But I like the idea of journeying to new areas. Small little islands with people who have never met someone from Pallet Town is nice. It's almost like you can go on a vacation in FireRed/LeafGreen. Leave Kanto to go somewhere exotic just to relax. They are quiet islands which do serve a few purposes (like breeding, finding held items you might need later, Johto region Pokemon) and I liked the idea of finding a secret little base owned by Team Rocket. But that may be because I love Team Rocket. Anyways, don't completely diss the Sevii Islands. It is nice to explore somewhere new once in a while.

-Ryan

every1 is entitled to their opinion ryan. i personally thought they were okay but they start to get a tad annoying after some time

Tue May 26, 2009 1:24 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I've just had a very hopeful thought: Do we actually know that it's just the starter that follows you around. if not then probably the one that's first in your party. That would be nice.

Tue May 26, 2009 2:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next