It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 First Look at the Remakes 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Those things next to Elm's Lab do look like the underground vents but they're not metalic looking like the ones in DPP if you get what I mean. They look rounded and dull looking. Maybe it's just the picture... but it would be sweet if there was an underground.

Wed May 13, 2009 12:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The new Stantler art looks awesome. <3 Mareep's too. Miltank scares me though. D:

Also, from the new scans, it seems that you're starter CAN follow you anywhere. Though that doesn't explain Pichu being able to.

Wed May 13, 2009 5:45 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Vulpine wrote:
Though that doesn't explain Pichu being able to.

I heard rumors of it being some special movie promo, but dunno for sure.

Here's a better scan from part of that CoroCoro page:

From the looks of the picture, it seems like the menu will no longer be a "press start for a pop up"; looks like it will be solely on the bottom screen.

Wed May 13, 2009 8:55 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The Pichu is a twelfth movie event pokemon handed out only in Japan currently I don't know if/when it will get here to America. Now as for the bit about the menu, I think it will be kinda cool if they make it pure bottom screen seeing how we won't have the poketch clogging up the bottom screen.

Wed May 13, 2009 12:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Maybe there is a notched ear pichu in the game that is obtained with the pikachu colored pichu and you catch it or something. So that's maybe 2 event pokemon.

Wed May 13, 2009 2:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Cactuar wrote:
Maybe there is a notched ear pichu in the game that is obtained with the pikachu colored pichu and you catch it or something. So that's maybe 2 event pokemon.

The notched ear Pichu is the Pikachu colored Pichu man. The only way to get the notched ear Pichu is through the event and not anywhere else. Think and do your homework before posting something like that.

Wed May 13, 2009 3:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

@Krisp

Sorry I'm just floating up ideas...

Wed May 13, 2009 3:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

shinashu taji wrote:
Cactuar wrote:

The notched ear Pichu is the Pikachu colored Pichu man. The only way to get the notched ear Pichu is through the event and not anywhere else. Think and do your homework before posting something like that.

If its through an event then its almost certainly already in the game when you buy it and it would be attainable through an action replay code. Thus while the only "legal" way to get it would be through an event it wouldn't be to hard to obtain if you really wanted it.

Wed May 13, 2009 8:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ZOMG That's the cutest pic of Cyndaquil I've ever seen!!!! My Cyndaquil-obsessed sister has now been pleased.
I don't really mind the 2.5D look, as they did a okay job at it and the controls aren't at all affected by the new graphical look (imagine walking diagonally! No, that would be weird.)
I hope that they can revamp the Pokemon animations. The newer animations are, to my opinion, really lame. If you look at the Crystal animations, they are really complex, often including many frames of movement, like Scizor slicing his claws in several directions, then putting his claw to his head, blinking, then entering a fighting stance. Or Farfetch'd, holding the leek in his mouth, blinking, flapping his wing, then entering a fighting stance again. Nowadays, the movements are lame, usually involving switching to another sprite then changing its colors or making it jump.
The old TMs were nice, but I have a feeling they won't change the standard list, since something bad might happen if you try to send a new TM to DPP. Maybe move tutors...
And of course, I look very forward to kicking Silver's :censored: in ways it has never been kicked before.

Fri May 15, 2009 9:56 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i think these games will rock!! i cant wait until it will be released.
it will the best pokemon game ever!!! :D

Fri May 15, 2009 12:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

First of all.... OH MY GOSH *dances* G/S REMAKE!!!!!

Anyway,

Things I expect from the game (from screenshots and otherwise)

-Celebi event
-Bottom screen menu
-Ability to travel to Kanto (otherwise what's the point of having the Goldenrod station?)
-A new region (they'd have to add another area for it to really be a remake, methinks)
-Well, I really shouldn't say 'region' a new 'area' is more appropriate. Hopefully with some substantial meaning instead of the acid-trip crop sircles on the Sevii Islands
-Something big involving the Unown
-A more substantial storyline (perhaps involving your rival)
-An underground
-Gym TMs switched around
-Minor DPP graphic upgrades (I don't mind the DPP graphics. They need to be better anyway.)

Hm. That's all I can think of really. Kind of obscure, I know. But I'm REALLY looking forward to this release. Johto is my FAVORITE region.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Fri May 15, 2009 1:52 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

yea if there will be a new region or a whole bunch of new islands it would be grate
but i can't understand why for someone DPP graphic is so bad?

Sat May 16, 2009 3:55 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'd like to see some of the new GS sprites, and a picture of kanto to see what it looks like. Hopefully these will come out in the next coro coro.

Sat May 16, 2009 8:06 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Cactuar wrote:
I'd like to see some of the new GS sprites, and a picture of kanto to see what it looks like. Hopefully these will come out in the next coro coro.

what is coro coro? i am a new guy so i dont know these things

Sat May 16, 2009 11:08 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Frost wrote:
[color=orchid]Bulbapedia has scans of the GHSS feature in today's Corocoro magazine.

Kris/the girl from Crystal is out as the main female character, which is pretty damn weird. [color]

Since Kris made her first appearance (and the first appearance of any female main character) in Crystal, maybe Nintendo plans to make a Crystal version remake in the future with Kris available. I sure hope so

Sat May 16, 2009 4:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The only thing that really made Crystal were the animations. Animations are now part of every game, so explain the point of having a Crystal remake.

Sat May 16, 2009 9:38 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

maybe 'cuz GSC without C is not a GSC. i mean:if they are remaking G and S so why not remake C :?

Sun May 17, 2009 9:34 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Now let me explain why I DON'T think they'll do a Crystal.
Okay

1. Crystal was a remake of Gold and Silver. It merely added elements and extra features that weren't in the original.
2. These were done looking back on the originals and deciding what could be added.
3. All added elements to Crystal(excluding the updated storyline with Suicune) can be added to HGSS.
4. These new remakes also do that with the added element of new game engines.
5. They can also update it with the more recent Pokémon and moves as well the many other features that were brought in with the 3rd ad 4th Generations.
6. They will have absolutely nothing to improve upon with a Crystal remake and to be quite honest a remake of a remake of a remake would be ridiculous.

GS are the original, C is the remake, HGSS are enhanced remakes. Mind Crystal or whatever you would want to call it would be an enhanced remake of a remake as well as a remake of an enhanced remake.

So no Crystal remake. let them get on with Gen V and whatever new games are coming next(Ranger 3, a new Mystery Dungeon)

Of course I doubt we'll get V until Nintendo release a new portable console(unless DSi comes to be a new console in itself)

Sun May 17, 2009 10:07 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

nothing is ridiculous
maybe they will create something new that they want to add
maybe they create a new story line
or maybe they will do an absolute remake

maybe you are not right, but maybe i am not right so i suggest to just wait and watch and see what will happen :wink:

Sun May 17, 2009 11:31 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I highly doubt there will be a Crystal Remake. Mainly because of all the things that people have said before.

Plus it will make Nintendo look even more money grabbing than they already do.
ClawsonExperience

"You don't sit down and write a wish list about the person you are going to fall violently in love with. It just doesn't work like that."

Stephen Fry

Sun May 17, 2009 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The only chance I see a crystal re-make ever happening is if in another 10ish years they remake the 2nd gen again for the "new" portable game system that trumps the DS six years from now.

Sun May 17, 2009 2:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

pokedexator wrote:
maybe 'cuz GSC without C is not a GSC. i mean:if they are remaking G and S so why not remake C :?

Why on earth would anyone with a grain of intelligence spend extra money to play the same game again? They gave us FR/LG. Did they give us a LightningYellow? No. And they had more reason to than Crystal.

Sun May 17, 2009 9:16 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Vulpine wrote:
Why on earth would anyone with a grain of intelligence spend extra money to play the same game again?

Why pay for Yellow after Red/Blue?
Why pay for FRLG after Red/Blue?
Why pay for Crystal after Gold/Silver?
Why pay for HGSS after Gold/Silver?
Why pay for Emerald after Ruby/Sapphire?
Why pay for Platinum after Diamond/Pearl?

You can argue "Oh, but they added this, this and this," but when it comes down to it, they're games that are 90% the same.

Sun May 17, 2009 9:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

True, but with Crystal, it's about 99% now.

Sun May 17, 2009 9:32 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

[img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/a/a7/Screen4.png/img]

these two images show starters following you for much more than just the first mission it shows up as far a slowpoke well... so maybe we are in store for a yellow-esque pikachu sprite after all. and i personally think as much as i loved the suicune storyline story in crystal i have to agree with most people and say that its highly unlikely they will re release it

Sun May 17, 2009 10:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next