It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 latios 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm on ruby and I can't seem to find latias the FIRST time. If I could find him even once, I'm good, but it's been weeks since I beat the league the first time and it still won't trigger latios' appearance. He's not in my dex yet.

Is there a known trigger to start off the hunt?

Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:39 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

First of all, Latios is in Ruby, not Latias. Next, surf off of Lilycove heading towards Mossdeep City. I've found Lati@s there every time. Good luck and be patient.

Name: Erik
Friend Code: 1160 9109 9627

Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

use repels with a lv39 pokemon so the only wild pokemon you find is latios

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I ran into my latios surfing from Pacifidlog to Slateport on both of my ruby and latias on sapphire. Good luck

Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

the ONLY failsafe way i have heard (and used many times myself) is the following.

go to ANY patch of grass and save the game. run in the grass until a wild pokemon appears. if its latios catch it. if not, turn off the game. when you turn the game back on run around again until a wild pokemon appears. and just repeat this.

it might take a few hours (took me about an hour two times, and two hours another time) but it definitely beats a few weeks right? and it will DEFINITELY work.

so....are you going to use your master ball on it? if not, you will need to think about a strategy for catching it, since it will try and run away. there is another thread around somewhere with everyones theories on how to catch it. maybe you should look for that thread too......

Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:21 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Oh, yes, I meant to say latios - the subject was the right one, but then I accidentally said latias. O well

Thanks guys I'll try those various strategies. The turning game off/on may waste some sets of batteries but it's worth a shot. And yes, I'm using my masterball since I already caught groudon and rayquaza with other pokeballs (yeah!)

Caught him! I didn't even realize it when he finally did appear. Nutso, it only took 25 minutes not even a couple hours haha

Totally was worth the battery life for. Thanks cuddles!

Mod Edit: Do not double post. I've merged your two posts.
-JsX™

Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:45 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

did you guess?

yes....i found latios there(dont try that,why would it even be there?)

Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:02 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i found latios in my emerald nere mauville city..........west of mauville in fact.......i was just walking and bam!!! {latios} appeared.........

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:42 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

To answer the original question, no, there is no trigger to run into Lati@s the first time. Several helpful strategies have been given, but at this point the thread is just deteriorating into a series of pointless posts about where individual people found their Lati. *Locked* (6/13)
*Unlocked* (6/17)
I had some additional thoughts on this, as well as a question to pose to everyone in general. I used this method (quite successfully) to find my Entei on LG, but then noticed that my Entei's DVs were (basically, although the DV calculator didn't give me exact values for level 50) HP 31, and everything else 0, which seems ridiculously odd to me. What I want to know is, has anyone else noticed something similar with running ledgendaries they've caught using this method, or did I just have ridiculously bad luck?

Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

but then noticed that my Entei's DVs were (basically, although the DV calculator didn't give me exact values for level 50) HP 31, and everything else 0, which seems ridiculously odd to me. What I want to know is, has anyone else noticed something similar with running ledgendaries they've caught using this method, or did I just have ridiculously bad luck?

Yeah, my {suicune} 's DV's are pretty similar: hp 30 and the others 4. But then I found my super {latios} : modest, sp.att 25, hp 31, speed 18 and I forgot the others...I guess it's based only on luck heheh.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]