It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:59 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Playing for first time. 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

hey guys im buying DS lite nxt week and getting both diamond and pearl.i saw some vid on youtube and i think im getting chimchar,then catching shinx,starly,gible and getting cranidos from fosssil.so i have 1 more slots in my team what pokemon should i add to my team??Btw i dont have wifi or old pokemon games.so i have to build a team usin only D/P.this is for my diamond team.and if u got better choice for my team plz state what pokemon.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:54 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You should look for a good water type because you will need one for surf plus there is nothing on your team that is super effective against a fire or rock type.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:54 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

In the beginning of the game, catch a Bidoof, and evolve it into a Bibarel, at level 15. They learn most HMs, so they're good HM slaves.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Your team sounds like a good one to start with. I also suggest training your Starly up and evolving it if you want to take on the second gym. Gardenia's Grass Pokemon, especially her Roserade, won't be easy to take down unless you hit it with super effective attacks.

Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:04 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

aidil wrote:
hey guys im buying DS lite nxt week and getting both diamond and pearl.i saw some vid on youtube and i think im getting chimchar,then catching shinx,starly,gible and getting cranidos from fosssil.so i have 1 more slots in my team what pokemon should i add to my team??Btw i dont have wifi or old pokemon games.so i have to build a team usin only D/P.this is for my diamond team.and if u got better choice for my team plz state what pokemon.

Might be a while before you get that craindos tho and Shouldn't this be in the in the QUESTIONS thread?

Since aidil isn't asking for movesets for his Pokemon and it doesn't strictly have to do with in-game stuff (as opposed to "where can i catch gible"), I see no problem in having it open.

If discussion strays from what it is now, then yeah, it might belong in the questions thread.

Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:53 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

shadowman777 wrote:
You should look for a good water type because you will need one for surf plus there is nothing on your team that is super effective against a fire or rock type.

gible is SE against rock and fire (earthquake or dig lol).

Wai wrote:
Your team sounds like a good one to start with. I also suggest training your Starly up and evolving it if you want to take on the second gym. Gardenia's Grass Pokemon, especially her Roserade, won't be easy to take down unless you hit it with super effective attacks.

i think he said he was going to start with chimchar, so fire is SE ;)

but i agree, a water type would prob help :) i used buizel when i first played through pearl. it was fun, although its not the best there is.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:54 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I would catch a chaney (so useful in the elite four) or an abra (for the vielstone gym)

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:58 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

WTF with the "D. Grayman" stuff? Advertising? Wrong topic?

Either way...

You probably should get a Bibarel and teach it the water moves, maybe rock smash and strength, but I don't know what other pokemon you'd teach the rest besides Skarmory (unobtainable until the Battle Zone), that is if you want it in 2 pokemon.

You probably already know, but don't be sad if you realize Gible can't be found until you have strength (6th gym) and then they're still only level 15 or so. Though Gible does evolve into the mighty Garchomp.

On a note of Cranidos, you only need to wait a bit until the underground is unlocked. I don't see any problem with the rest.

Good luck with Diamond. :)

Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Quote:
WTF with the "D. Grayman" stuff? Advertising? Wrong topic?

http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=23505

It was a spambot. Don't reply to them next time, don't click on the links, etc. Just report them.

So yeah, this thread's been open for a while... lockification is needed. Blah blah blah PM me if you want the thread opened blah blah blah [/broken record]

Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:57 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]