It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The XY FAQ-Ask any XY questions here! 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ok this is weird, Im having problems using the Poke radar. EVERYTIME I try to use it, I get my mom telling me I Cant use it. Ive used it in the correct grass, ran around to charge it, but still, it will not work? Is there only a Certain area I can use it or something?

Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:06 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i think you need to hop off your rollerblades.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:17 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

azul wrote:

Okaaaay, I have no idea how to do that, :shock: OO.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:49 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

GofD wrote:
azul wrote:

Okaaaay, I have no idea how to do that, :shock: OO.

Use the D-pad instead of the Circle-pad to move.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:06 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Yeah, it took me a while to figure that out too.

Also, I still can't believe they haven't fixed this yet: You can't hit flying types with Earthquake even if they are using Dig. It makes no logical sense whatsoever.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I thought that mold breaker made it to where ground type moves could hit flying types.

Black Friend Code: used in trades gmt - 06:00 central time us
Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.
2nd 3ds friend code: 1821-9478-7101
Black2 Friend Code: Chris 0519 5118 7320

Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:57 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The Pokemon Master wrote:
I thought that mold breaker made it to where ground type moves could hit flying types.

No, Mold Breaker cancels out opposing abilities, as far as contact is concerned I think, but not types immunities. A Haxorus using Earthquake could hit a Gengar, who has Levitate, but not a flying-type Charizard. Smack Down, Gravity, Roost, Iron Ball, or a Ring Target would be needed to hit Charizard, and other flying types with ground moves.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:10 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I really don't use haxorus so I forgot what mold breaker does. also you forgot about soak to change there types to water.

Black Friend Code: used in trades gmt - 06:00 central time us
Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.
2nd 3ds friend code: 1821-9478-7101
Black2 Friend Code: Chris 0519 5118 7320

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:27 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I was looking for Mega Latias pictures online, and I came across some other strange Pokemon too. They aren't in the Psydex, I haven't seen them before, and I think one of them is called Diance or Dianice or Diancie. Any idea what they are? Might they be legendaries?

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:02 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

CuteKirlia wrote:
I was looking for Mega Latias pictures online, and I came across some other strange Pokemon too. They aren't in the Psydex, I haven't seen them before, and I think one of them is called Diance or Dianice or Diancie. Any idea what they are? Might they be legendaries?

Someone hacked the games and caused them to show up. The three Pokémon you're thinking or are Volcanion, Diancie, and Hoopa. We know they're real because you can search for them on the GTS. Volcanion is Fire/Water, Diancie is Rock/Fairy, and Hoopa is Ghost/Psychic.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

CuteKirlia wrote:

There is a set of three legendaries (the names escape me at the moment) that are presumed to be events that will happen in the future although I'm not sure on the legitimacy if this.

Edit: Ninja'd

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ok, that's cool. Thanks for answering, it annoys me when I don't know something. :)

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay, so I have a friend who has ice as his type, and Bergmite shows up as one of the pokemon, But i cant for the life of me FIND ONE WITH STURDY.

Sooo the question is, has bergmites hidden ability (sturdy) been released yet?

Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:14 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Yeah, Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion are legit.

(ETA: I do NOT mean you here, Dare) but it drives me insane when the lunatic fringe of this fanbase chooses to place their hands over their eyes and say "Nintendo hasn't confirmed them yet! They're not REAL!" even though every Generation has had event-exclusive Pokemon revealed later than the others, they're searchable on the GTS, pictures of them exist, and the games themselves have hints to their existence already. Diancie has the same crystalline structure and is very likely the Legendary Pokemon connected to the Anistar Sundial that the game mentions, Volcanion could very well be the "Lava Dome" Pokemon mentioned in Lumiose City, etc.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:45 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Umm…who was saying that they're not real? The closest mention that I've seen in this thread about them not being real was from Dare234 when he said that he wasn't sure of the legitimacy behind them. He wasn't exactly saying that they weren't real. Besides, for all intents and purposes, they aren't real. Not to us at the moment, anyway. We know that they will be real at some point in the future, but who outside of Nintendo and that hacker has any access to them? All we know about them is what they look like (if you choose to trust the hacker), what their names are, and what their types are. We don't know anything about their stats or learn sets, or even abilities, and we can only speculate about whatever lore or traits that may be attached to them. We have less access to them at the moment than we do to the Smogon-created pokemon. We know that they can be searched for on the GTS, because anyone can do it, but until they become more relevant or more is known about them, we may as well ignore them. At least, that's my stance at the moment.

Anyway, to answer GofD, any pokemon who can be found in hordes or the Safari has their hidden ability released, I think it's just a matter of patience. It took me close to forty five minutes on Saturday to find a Floatzel while surfing on Route 16, when they're supposed to be common, and then a while longer to find a male one that I could use to breed. It also took me a while to find a Sturdy Skarmory in the Safari, so I think that you're just experiencing a bout of bad luck, GofD. I'm sure you'll find one eventually. Good luck!

Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:29 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

People acted like this even for Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect or Shaymin, Darkrai and Arceus though. In those cases we had sprites, base stats, movesets, etc. hacked straight from the game itself and people were still like "Nuh uh, Nintendo hasn't announced them so they aren't real!" That's what most of that last rant was about. A very small number of people are so pedantic about the Event Pokemon to the point that a house of evidence could fall on them and they'd still refuse their existence until official word or whatever.

It wasn't really directed at anyone here but the subject is a bit of a sore spot for me because today I saw someone actually argue on another forum that Nintendo could remove these three Pokemon so we can't go around acting like their existence is real yet. Yeah, because Gamefreak would totally go through the trouble of designing and naming these Pokemon just to change their minds and never release them. I admit that seeing somebody innocently question the legitimacy of the leaks was a bit of a trigger for me and I do apologize for that.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ah, yeah, I understand what you mean. I remember when Arceus was first leaked. It was one thing for people to believe those Japanese videos with the Elite Four glitch involving Shaymin and Darkrai, but to actually believe that there could be a God pokemon? Yeah, pull the other one, it has bells. At least, that was the gist of the response around my high school, although it wasn't like there was a very big fan base there.

On paper, Game Freak could just cut the new ones out, but as you said, why would they? That would be like cutting out Arceus because they never released the Azure Flute, regardless of the fact that the plates were all available. It just wouldn't make any sense. I actually feel kind of sorry for Gamefreak. They go through the trouble of upgrading the defense system to prevent these kind of things from getting out like they did in the past so that they can still have some surprises in store, but people still find out about the additional legendaries within a month of the release.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:57 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Couldn't care less about surprises.

I collect pokemon and that's all I care about. Not natures or IVs or plot or metagame. Just literally having one of every species.

To do that takes research. So when I am about to go onto a new route I research what pokemon are on it and then don't leave it until I have them.
If there is a pokemon I need to hunt down I don't come upon it accidentally, I read it and go looking for it.

So the bare fact of knowing these pokemon exist isn't spoiling anything for me because I was going to find out about them at somepoint. And a long time before I saw them on my actual system anyway.

Are the same people bemoaning this spoiler the people who hate upon people releasing starter details before game release? (cause there seem to be a lot less of them people)

Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:05 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Superpull wrote:
Couldn't care less about surprises.

Alright, well, that's good for you. Nintendo does care about surprises, and they have obviously paid to make it so that these pokemon would be difficult to find. You're thirty-one. You don't necessarily need to be surprised by this if you don't want to be. But to the average twelve year old who's going to get excited over the brand new pokemon they've never heard of before? Yeah, that's who the surprise is for.

Superpull wrote:
I collect pokemon and that's all I care about. Not natures or IVs or plot or metagame. Just literally having one of every species.

To do that takes research. So when I am about to go onto a new route I research what pokemon are on it and then don't leave it until I have them.
If there is a pokemon I need to hunt down I don't come upon it accidentally, I read it and go looking for it.

So the bare fact of knowing these pokemon exist isn't spoiling anything for me because I was going to find out about them at somepoint. And a long time before I saw them on my actual system anyway.

When will you be coming upon Volcanion or Diancie or Hoopa accidentally? If not accidentally, then what routes are they hiding on? I'd be interested to know this, because I'm interested in them too. But, at the moment, we can't get them. We may as well not know of them, because honestly, we still don't know about them. Simply put, we know about them in the same way that we know that Generation VII's starters will be Grass, Fire, and Water. The only difference is that we know what names are attached to them. How is knowing this benefiting you?

Superpull wrote:
Are the same people bemoaning this spoiler the people who hate upon people releasing starter details before game release? (cause there seem to be a lot less of them people)

I could care less about the spoiler myself, to be honest. It just doesn't make any difference to me, but to Nintendo and Gamefreak? Would you care to imagine how much they paid for the research and development of this system so that it would not be cracked? There is a very real difference between Gamefreak releasing the starters and these legendaries being leaked by an outside source.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:58 am
THE POWER IS ON!

I'm sure Gamefreak and Nintendo were probably far more concerned with those stores in Canada breaking street date because they spoiled the ENTIRE game and revealed every single non-Event new Pokemon and Mega before the game even had been released. It's not an ideal situation for them but Nintendo must have known somebody would have cracked the 3DS eventually because nothing is completely secure these days. Gamefreak I don't think was involved much in that department. But thankfully for everyone, the only person who is known to have cracked the 3DS has been kind and not spammed the GTS with hacked Diancie, Volcanion and Hoopa.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:29 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Kiga wrote:

Anyway, to answer GofD, any pokemon who can be found in hordes or the Safari has their hidden ability released, I think it's just a matter of patience. It took me close to forty five minutes on Saturday to find a Floatzel while surfing on Route 16, when they're supposed to be common, and then a while longer to find a male one that I could use to breed. It also took me a while to find a Sturdy Skarmory in the Safari, so I think that you're just experiencing a bout of bad luck, GofD. I'm sure you'll find one eventually. Good luck!
Frost

Okay, Well at least its good to know im not on a wild goose chase. Ive been at it for 3 days now running around in the safari, Ill ive been getting is Ice Body and Own Tempo. I do hope this bad luck wear out though, I Need That Bermite for my Team.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:56 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Do not take this as 100% because I can't remember for sure, but I think that the only way to catch a Pokemon with its HA at the Safari is for you and your area's friend to be online. So, if the person with the Bergmite Safari isn't online, you can't get a Sturdy Bergmite.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ChillBill wrote:
Do not take this as 100% because I can't remember for sure, but I think that the only way to catch a Pokemon with its HA at the Safari is for you and your area's friend to be online. So, if the person with the Bergmite Safari isn't online, you can't get a Sturdy Bergmite.

There might be something to that. But I don't think they need to be online, I just think that you just need to have access to the third pokemon. It didn't take me very long to find a Cursed Body Shuppet in a Safari with three pokemon, but I haven't been able to find one in a Safari with only two pokemon. I spent a few hours this morning looking for a Sturdy Bergmite in BarnOwl's Safari myself, but I couldn't find one either. I'll keep looking for a bit, but it's looking like Hidden Abilities are only available in fully accessible Safaris.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Kiga wrote:
ChillBill wrote:

There might be something to that. But I don't think they need to be online, I just think that you just need to have access to the third pokemon. It didn't take me very long to find a Cursed Body Shuppet in a Safari with three pokemon, but I haven't been able to find one in a Safari with only two pokemon. I spent a few hours this morning looking for a Sturdy Bergmite in BarnOwl's Safari myself, but I couldn't find one either. I'll keep looking for a bit, but it's looking like Hidden Abilities are only available in fully accessible Safaris.

Okay,that might be the issue then, if it is though, Ill need another method to get my bergmite...

Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:48 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Im trying to find the Destiny knot in Lumose City, but I cant seem to find it. One says Rouge Plaza, and another says from a Beuty in Vert Plaza. Either way I CANT find it..

*Note: I already got the one from the maid in Cyllage town......But I uh....seemed to have misplaced it....*

Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next