It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Ruby Sapphire Remake, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sappire 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

So, Nintendo just confirmed this less than an hour ago. So, what are your thoughts and opinions regarding this? Anything you all hope to see in the remakes? Will it retain the traditional camera view or it will feature a full 3D environment and camera view like how it is in X Y?

Wed May 07, 2014 7:35 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Omg yes yes yes.

I've been waiting for these remakes since before xy!

I'm hoping it's fairly similar in terms of story but I'd be ok with aesthetic changes.

Is it just me or do those look like Groudon and Kyogre megas?

Wed May 07, 2014 8:26 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

copypasted from other thread =

HOLY @#$% RSE REMAKES. I'M SO ^&*#ING HYPED RIGHT NOW. I NEED IT.

EDIT = I'm imagining how badass a shiny Mega Rayquaza would look right now.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed May 07, 2014 8:32 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I totally did not expect this news to appear so fast considering the fact that X Y has been released for less than a year. Adding to my surprise and joy, I just bought my new 3DS XL on 4 days ago during Sunday. I started playing Pokemon Y for less than 24 hours ago as I've just got the game like around 11 hours ago because the game wasn't available yet during the time of my 3DS purchase. I guess I'll have some interesting times ahead together with my new 3DS XL.

Looking forward to purchase Omega Ruby after it is released. Can't wait to see what features have they included in the remake. Hopefully secret bases will make a return.

Wed May 07, 2014 10:25 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co. ... d-for-3ds/

YAY! I loved Sapphire and Emerald, the graphics will kick butt!

Merged from Hoenn Region

Wed May 07, 2014 11:05 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I loved secret bases!

Maybe they'll allow us to start our game after powering on, either from our saved position, or our secret base!

Wed May 07, 2014 11:08 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Dumb names, dumb looking forms of Kyogre and Groudon on the cover art. I wanted RS remakes even less than I wanted GS remakes.

Yay that they'll keep doing simultaneous release dates for the big games though. And yay for forgotten Hoenn Pokemon getting some TCG focus because of this.

Wed May 07, 2014 11:30 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The rule of thumb for remakes is that it will generally have the same mechanics at the current Generation, so there should be the same camera angles and moves as Pokemon X and Y for the remakes. I'm definitely excited for these games.

Wed May 07, 2014 1:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oh wow, I'm so buying a 3ds now. xD

I guess I'm going to wait for the "Emerald" version of the game. It will come for sure.

Wed May 07, 2014 2:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at work when one of my buddies told me about it. TOTALLY MADE MY DAY. RSE were my first Gens to actually own, and one of my favorite regions. I cant wait to see what theyve done!

Last edited by GofD on Fri May 09, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 07, 2014 3:11 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Full 3D rendering of Hoenn region... Will be looking forward to that. Hoenn's tropical environment should look good enough.

For now, I still have Kalos to explore as I've just started the game yesterday.

Wed May 07, 2014 5:58 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Mega-evolutions of Kyogre and Groudon will kick the life out of every other legendary.

These games were great.

Wed May 07, 2014 8:32 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Peanut-Lover wrote:
Mega-evolutions of Kyogre and Groudon will kick the life out of every other legendary.

These games were great.

Mega mewtwo however.

Hoenn in 3D, just so awesome. Nothing more needs to be said.
GhostPony750 wrote:
Oh wow, I'm so buying a 3ds now. xD

I guess I'm going to wait for the "Emerald" version of the game. It will come for sure.

Red and green were remade. Yellow wasn't
Gold and Silver was re-made. Crystal wasn't
Sadly, I don't think we'll get a 'Delta Emerald'

One more thing: I'm thinking the names (Omega and Alpha) could have something to do with the new legendary forms. I also think they could be modifications from team magma/aqua to out-do each other (Mabye they both get the legendary but you only get one?)

Thu May 08, 2014 10:56 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I GOTTA GO BUY A 3DS RIGHT NOW, I AM SO EXCITED I CANT WAIT WOO HOO

Thu May 08, 2014 11:07 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Kinda shocked so many of us here still haven't gotten a 3DS with all the good games (including Pokemon X and Y) that have come out already.

Thu May 08, 2014 11:41 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I've never really had the money

Thu May 08, 2014 1:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, depending on which country you are in, in some countries where living standards are not that high, 3DS is considered to be expensive. In my country, Malaysia for example, 3DS is not exactly cheap and until now I don't think I've ever seen more than 10 times anyone else at the public holding a 3DS. Original games aren't cheap as well in my country. I used to play pirated GBA cartridges in GBA and R4 ROMS in DS. This time in 3DS, I'm buying original because there aren't any stable pirated games for it yet.

Thu May 08, 2014 8:42 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

it's not to terrible expensive here in the US I just haveny any money

Fri May 09, 2014 6:38 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

US is one of the places where many 3DS are sold. Perhaps if you try to save up some money, it should not take too long until you get the amount to purchase one.

Fri May 09, 2014 8:29 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm mean I have the money and have had the money I guess that I just have gotten around to it.

Fri May 09, 2014 9:34 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I don't spend any money on anything that's not game related so I have lots. What starter you getting guys?

Fri May 09, 2014 11:21 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

While I still hate the concept of megas, I am hoping for Mega Milotic, Swampert/Sceptile, Hariyama, Metagross. Also Tutor moves for Gen VI mons and Kalos bred pokes. (Hoping for Dual Chop/Drill Run Doublade+Aegislash)

I never played Ruby/Sapphire beyond the 2nd-3rd gym since my copy was fried, and wasn't into pokemon at any point of 3rd gen. So it'll be a mostly new experience for me.

Fri May 09, 2014 12:31 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

RSE is my favorite generation by far, and I think I've played through Ruby at least 9 times; more than any other game. So, needless to say, I know exactly what's coming. But that doesn't mean I'm any less pumped. As for my plan of attack, I'm going to try a non-nuzlocke challenge run of ungodly difficulty: soloing the game with a near-perfect Sunkern I bred, perhaps with the aid of a baton passer if I get really stuck. Wish me luck.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri May 09, 2014 3:55 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It will probably make me buy a 3ds (or 2ds) lol. While RSE isn't my favorite Gen, it was one of the best. I've actually played through Firered 19 times, and only 6 on my Emerald

Fri May 09, 2014 5:50 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

GhostPony750 wrote:
I've actually played through Firered 19 times

Good lord, that's a lot of replays. Everybody gets bored of doing the same thing over and over, but you appear to be the exception.

Mektar out.

Fri May 09, 2014 7:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next